gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680749 Posts in 27614 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 19, 2024, 08:38:52 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Most authentic Smile Vegetables  (Read 2582 times)
buddhahat
Smiley Smile Associate

Hi, my name's Doug. Would you like to dance?

View Profile
« on: August 30, 2006, 02:38:43 AM »

Which version of Vegetables do most people use in their Smile mix? I only recently discovered that the GV boxset version is a Mark Linnett mix so I'm wondering if there's a more authentic Smile era (non Smiley) Brian mix available on any boots, that I can use. Is the mix on Vigotone, and Dumb Angel rarities a Brian mix - it sounds like a run through for vocals?

Also, on a similar note, is it known how Brian intended to integrate the part 3 (slow bit that turns up in Smiley Smile Wondeful) section into vegetables? Would the song structure have definitely been part 1, then the Do a lot part 2 followed by this part 3 as SOT 17 would suggest, or were part 2 and 3 different endings that Brian was trying?

Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes ......
Bicyclerider
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2006, 04:55:28 AM »

The vigotone is a Mark Linett mono mix of a Brian wilson multitrack edit - hence the two simultaneous verse vocals over the verse instrumental.

The "wonderful break" sounding Part 3 was titled "Fade to Vegetables" so yes, it was at some point meant to end the song.  There's no definitive Wilson mix incorporating Fade into the song, however.  I personally like the Brian Wilson Presents Smile order of the sections, but would just tack on the Fade at the end - because of the need to eliminate fades to make the "suite" flow smoothly from one section to another, the fade (and other fades) were left out of the BWPS versions.
Rockard
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2006, 07:56:04 AM »

Someone named George-something made a mix some time ago(hmm, QUITE some time!, about 2 years ago) that incorporated sections that could have been assembled in april '67 to a quite cohorent and nice listen. He made a stereo and monoversion of this edit. I think I have it saved somewhere.. hmm

found'em, am I allowed to put links up to yousendit?
« Last Edit: August 30, 2006, 08:03:49 AM by Rockard » Logged
Andreas
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2006, 11:55:31 AM »

Here is a mix I did for my own Smile 2 CD set. It consists of sections mixed to mono by Brian ("mono mix rehearsals"), all taken from SOT 17. Only hard edits were applied because that was Brian's method, no crossfades.

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=9F0C6C59609C961F
buddhahat
Smiley Smile Associate

Hi, my name's Doug. Would you like to dance?

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2006, 11:44:26 AM »

Thanks Andreas for this. Funnily enough I saved your list of best Smile versions that you posted before and was wondering how your edit of Vegatables would sound! Sounds great.

Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes ......
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx