gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680597 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 09:30:51 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Hop Sounds  (Read 2233 times)
Rick5150
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: July 09, 2020, 08:43:08 AM »

I tried searching for this but could not find this. I just bought a Kölsch style beer, just because the can.

http://www.ricktheriault.net/random_images/BBB.jpg
https://singlecut.com/beer/hop-sounds-dry-hopped-dry-ale/

"GOD ONLY KNOWS WHAT WE’D DO WITHOUT THIS CRUSHABLE LIGHT ALE- A bright and refreshing dry ale, dry-hopped with a blend of classic US and nouveau European buds. Sunny and lemony, with aroma of citrus rind, fresh cut grassy flowers, and a crisp and clean finish- equally at home on the bar or the lawnmower. You can have all the hop you want without having to say those three little letters."
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

"Barba non facit aliam historici"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2020, 10:11:54 AM »

Yes! This is the beer I mentioned in the discussion about the Pet Sounds cover and font. I meant to post something about it a year ago when I was first gifted some and was made aware of this brew, but never did. So here it is. Especially now it would be cool to support this brewery by seeking out their products like Hop Sounds, you can go on their website and search for places that sell their beers in your area, or ask your local shop to order some from their distributor. They have and have had other brews with a music theme. Good stuff.

Here's my shot: Covering the entire era with that item in the frame until they do a Cabinessence Double IPA can or something for a proper pairing... Grin Beer

"All of us have the privilege of making music that helps and heals - to make music that makes people happier, stronger, and kinder. Don't forget: Music is God's voice." - Brian Wilson
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2020, 11:53:51 AM »

I would love to drink that at a BW show....

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2020, 08:55:09 AM »

It kind of ties in to that discussion about the Pet Sounds cover, how they can put certain colors on the label and use a certain font and it immediately says "Pet Sounds!". I think it's awesome, and am wondering if this could be one of the first brews specifically done as a tribute to either the band or the album. Of course with the number of craft brewers and microbrews out there, I'm sure there are others.

"All of us have the privilege of making music that helps and heals - to make music that makes people happier, stronger, and kinder. Don't forget: Music is God's voice." - Brian Wilson
Matt H
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2020, 11:34:39 AM »

It kind of ties in to that discussion about the Pet Sounds cover, how they can put certain colors on the label and use a certain font and it immediately says "Pet Sounds!". I think it's awesome, and am wondering if this could be one of the first brews specifically done as a tribute to either the band or the album. Of course with the number of craft brewers and microbrews out there, I'm sure there are others.

Just called the new liquor store down the street from me and they have it.  I will be checking it out tonight.  Thanks for posting about it, I had no idea that it existed.
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2020, 01:18:12 PM »

Just called the new liquor store down the street from me and they have it.  I will be checking it out tonight.  Thanks for posting about it, I had no idea that it existed.

Excellent, that's great you could find it! Looking forward to a review after you've poured a glass.

Just again recommending that anyone interested in trying this beer get in touch with your local store and ask for it if it's not in stock, so they can maybe call their distributor who could order it from the brewery, or go to the brewer's website where they have a listing by area of who sells their beers.

Matt H
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2020, 06:57:51 PM »

Excellent, that's great you could find it! Looking forward to a review after you've poured a glass.

Just again recommending that anyone interested in trying this beer get in touch with your local store and ask for it if it's not in stock, so they can maybe call their distributor who could order it from the brewery, or go to the brewer's website where they have a listing by area of who sells their beers.

I am not great with different beers.  I generally like most beers.  I liked this one.  I will probably continue to buy it due to the Beach Boys connection.  It is not very hopy though. I live in the Cincinnati Area.  It is available at Jungle Jims and Arrow Wine & Spirits if anyone else lives in the Cincinnati area.
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2020, 09:11:37 AM »

I am not great with different beers.  I generally like most beers.  I liked this one.  I will probably continue to buy it due to the Beach Boys connection.  It is not very hopy though. I live in the Cincinnati Area.  It is available at Jungle Jims and Arrow Wine & Spirits if anyone else lives in the Cincinnati area.

Excellent! I like hoppy beers and rediscovered my preference for a flavor-packed IPA in the last few years, but sometimes in warm weather it's good to have a non-IPA a little lighter on the hops especially for an outdoor session IMO. I have to say, also with the first time I found out about this beer being a gift, that if there was not a Pet Sounds connection I probably would never have found it on my own. But I agree, the connection to Pet Sounds is enough for me to support and seek out this beer, and the can looks good on display next to other BB's items as a conversation piece.

gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx