gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
659367 Posts in 26414 Topics by 3755 Members - Latest Member: Joanne Figueroa July 04, 2020, 02:05:29 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Mono Basic Track Mixes Used For Columbia 8-Track Overdubs  (Read 2188 times)
c-man
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #75 on: June 06, 2020, 08:15:44 PM »

Yeah, H. Bowen David was known as "Bo" by friends and family. I actually emailed back and forth with his daughter many years ago, and she sent me a scan of a Western Recorders newsletter with a photo of him. Bo was still living at the time (I don't know if he is now or not), but his daughter said he was losing his eyesight. She told him I had inquired about him, and said it made him happy to know people were interested in the work he'd done, and still listening to those records.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2020, 08:18:33 PM by c-man » Logged
aeijtzsche
Honored Guest

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: June 06, 2020, 08:18:07 PM »

That's great.  Not many photos of him around.  I hope he's either still with us, or resting in peace.
c-man
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #77 on: June 06, 2020, 08:25:05 PM »

That's great.  Not many photos of him around.  I hope he's either still with us, or resting in peace.

Er, I made a mistake - should have referred to him as Bo David, not Bo Henry. But "Bo" is his nickname of choice.  Smiley
aeijtzsche
Honored Guest

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: June 06, 2020, 08:40:36 PM »

Er, I made a mistake - should have referred to him as Bo David, not Bo Henry. But "Bo" is his nickname of choice.  Smiley

I figured! 

And interesting that, in any case-- but especially if the scenario of preparing bunch of mono track mixes at Western that Sunday night holds water -- We can't forget that it wasn't always Chuck engineering Brian's sessions at Western.
gfx
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx