gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680599 Posts in 27601 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 29, 2024, 12:31:29 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Where is the source of The Beach Boys' official lyrics?(A.k.a What do they sing)  (Read 810 times)
Doobidoo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: May 09, 2020, 12:25:14 PM »

Hi!

Im sorry if this question has been raised several times earlier, without me noticing it. I've tried searching for it several times on google and on the several (reference) threads around here.
Anyhow:

How do we really know what they sing? Aren't there a lot of lyrics that we take for granted that they're singing?
For example: I've seen several times around, in many pages dedicated to lyrics, that many in All I Wanna Do's third verse put "Oh let these little words of love - Come romance and light your way"
instead of the more obvious "Oh let these little words of love - Become the lights and/[that] light your way" that is sung by me and my friends, and is heard in all of the live-versions I've/we've seen.

I also remember the question about the racial slur many tend(ed) to mishear in the first few sentences A Thing or Two, instead of "little girl" being raised earlier.

It seems like we're using common sence most of the times, which often do work. But sometimes, that backfires.
ARE there any official Beach Boys lyric-sources out there somewhere?
« Last Edit: May 09, 2020, 02:06:27 PM by Doobidoo » Logged

The mysterious 'uplifting version' of 'Til I Die: Finally revealed by Custom Machine!! www.smileysmile.net/board/index.php/topic,26114.msg640828.html#msg640828

www.lastfm.se/user/fehyv
www.lastfm.se/user/fehyv
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx