gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680598 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 08:56:44 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: More power to the "Power Mower"!  (Read 13466 times)
JK
Smiley Smile Associate

Maybe I put too much faith in atmosphere

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 04, 2020, 04:00:43 AM »

Folks, we've stalled at $1,834. It's been like this for a month now. Not good.

The video series may be back on track but at great personal cost to Joshilyn herself. All those forum members and browsers (to say nothing of almost 100 subscribers to JH's YouTube channel) who are enjoying the series and haven't donated yet, PLEASE help her keep the Power Mower up and running--especially now, at a time when culture, and music in particular, is so very important for our well-being. It's not a lot to ask, certainly when you consider what you're getting in return!

https://www.gofundme.com/f/recording-computer-for-joshilyn
« Last Edit: May 04, 2020, 03:17:09 PM by JK » Logged

"Ik bun moar een eenvoudige boerenlul en doar schoam ik mien niet veur" (Normaal, 1978)
You're Grass and I'm a Power Mower: A Beach Boys Orchestration Web Series
the Carbon Freeze | Eclectic Essays & Art
Joshilyn Hoisington
Honored Guest

Aeijtzsche

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 04, 2020, 07:48:38 AM »

Thank you, JK, for continuing to promote my work.

I just wanted to pop in here and say that, indeed, I am very close to 100 subscribers, which is not that many compared to many channels, but seems like a lot to me!  Thanks to all who have subscribed and are interested.  The Beach Boys have been a light in the darkness for me many times (for whatever reason) and I continue to hope that I can help their music be a light for you during one of the darkest times in human history.

To celebrate 100 subscribers, I will do some sort of celebratory video, so subscribe if you haven't yet, and also look forward to part one of the Sunflower Boxed Set pregame series about Slip on Through.
JK
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 17, 2020, 05:19:11 AM »

« Last Edit: May 04, 2020, 03:15:10 PM by JK » Logged

"Ik bun moar een eenvoudige boerenlul en doar schoam ik mien niet veur" (Normaal, 1978)
JK
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 04, 2020, 03:14:07 PM »

Dear folks, with the arrival of a new "Power Mower" video for your watching and listening pleasure and edification, now is the time for those of you who are enjoying the series and haven't donated yet to do just that.

Of course these are difficult times!! But surely that's all the more reason to show your support for what JH is doing with more than just words. Please donate what you can, however little, if you haven't done so yet.

It's only a small step from $1,834 to $2,000--it would be wonderful if we were to reach that figure by the end of the month.

JK
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 09, 2020, 06:47:10 AM »

And now it's up to $1,889--just a small step now to the $2,000 mark. Most encouraging!

Edit: I tell a lie--three hours ago it hit the $1,910 mark!
« Last Edit: May 09, 2020, 02:04:19 PM by JK » Logged

JK
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 12, 2020, 03:49:29 PM »

Well--within the last six hours two donations have pushed the total up to $2,030!!!!!

Such generosity is heart-warming--and right on time. Now JH can buy herself a uke for her "Help Me, Ronda" tutorial.

Postscript: This was my last post in this topic. I'd like to think it served a purpose for a while in helping to promote Joshilyn's work at Smiley but the flurry of activity greeting each new JH tutorial proves it has now run its course. And that's as it should be. Wink
« Last Edit: May 13, 2020, 01:29:18 AM by JK » Logged

gfx
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx