gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680598 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 05:16:48 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: When I Grow Up To Be A Man- A new YouTube video  (Read 1547 times)
Summertime Blooz
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: May 01, 2020, 09:33:24 PM »

I'm pleased to announce a new video now on YouTube for the beloved classic hit 'When I Grow Up To Be A Man'. I hope you will enjoy watching it as much as I enjoyed making it.

When I Grow Up To Be A Man:    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eh6m2UC80H0

I see mine is the second 'Today!' based video of the night after aeijtzsche's impressively studious analysis of 'Don't Hurt My Little Sister'. Weird coincidence, but such a wonderful album to celebrate; truly one of their very best I think.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2020, 10:53:00 AM by krabklaw » Logged

Please visit 'The American(a) Trip Slideshow' where you can watch the videos and listen to fan mixes of all the Smile songs: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=doOws3284PQ&list=PLptIp1kEl6BWNpXyJ_mb20W4ZqJ14-Hgg
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2020, 09:51:23 AM »

Another winner!
And how fitting since aeijtzsche mentioned that the next song she will analyze is "When I grow up"
« Last Edit: May 03, 2020, 03:00:51 AM by Rocker » Logged

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
Joshilyn Hoisington
Honored Guest

Aeijtzsche

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2020, 01:13:46 PM »

Coming right up, yes.  Two very different ways of engaging with a song!
Summertime Blooz
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2020, 02:11:24 PM »

Coming right up, yes.  Two very different ways of engaging with a song!

It's funny, but when making these videos that I do, I invariably develop a much deeper appreciation of the song and the artistry and  intricacies of the record making. You might expect that after listening to a piece of music literally hundreds of times that I'd get sick of it, but that's not what happens with me. You begin to hear the song on a molecular level and it's a different kind of listening experience.

Please visit 'The American(a) Trip Slideshow' where you can watch the videos and listen to fan mixes of all the Smile songs: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=doOws3284PQ&list=PLptIp1kEl6BWNpXyJ_mb20W4ZqJ14-Hgg
Gettin Hungry
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2020, 10:30:13 AM »

Wonderfully done. I love the illustrations. This was my mother-son dance song at my wedding.
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx