gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680598 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 10:50:58 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] Go Down Print
Author Topic: New Mike Love single  (Read 28835 times)
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #125 on: July 03, 2020, 12:50:25 AM »

I just wanted to make a quick comment. The other day I got rather pissy with a few people here. I'm sorry for that. It just annoyed me when I pointed out the fact that somebody other than Mike wrote a song, and everybody was like, "Well the lyrics are horrible, so it MUST be Mike!". I get it, Mike has done a lot of "questionable" things during his career. Personally, I don't like the guy very much. But it just bugs me sometimes when people seem to go out of their way to badmouth him. He deserves *some* of it, but let's not trash his entire career and life.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2020, 12:52:16 AM by Jay » Logged

A son of anarchy surrounded by the hierarchy.
Peadar 'Big Dinner' O'Driscoll
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #126 on: July 03, 2020, 02:23:20 AM »

Lets look into this guy Daniel Charles Parker

Here is his discogs page - https://www.discogs.com/artist/6746654-Daniel-Charles-Parker

Any connection with that name as to why it might be a pseudonym?

I found this - http://members.calbar.ca.gov/fal/Licensee/Detail/118281

I guess that could be him. Started practicing in 1985 in LA. I sent him an email  Grin

rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

"My God. It's full of stars."

View Profile
« Reply #127 on: July 03, 2020, 04:15:08 AM »

Jay, I and one other person vaguely hinted that Mike Love possibly wrote those lyrics instead of Dan Parker. A third poster made their case that they thought Love did write those lyrics - in four paragraphs - thus its obvious to me that he was trying to actually discuss the possibility that Mike penned those lyrics.

And not one of the three people who were suspicious about the writing credits even insinuated that the lyrics were horrible. YOU are the one who projected that. It does blow my mind that Mike didn’t write those lyrics. Why?

The song itself is a pun of Mike Love’s name, the song itself has references to The Beach Boys. Mike wrote the lyrics to ‘Spring Vacation’ which rhymes “Good Vibrations” with “Vacation”. And lyrics for many songs he has penned in the last 30+ years have many words that rhyme with popular Beach Boy song titles. And, as has already been mentioned, Dan Parker has just one other writing credit on Discogs which makes it suspicious to me (and others) that Mr. Parker was able to write just one song in his career that ended up being the title song for a Beach Boys solo album.

I don’t see how three people suggesting the possibility that Mike Love rhymed “Good Vibrations” with “assassinations” makes this forum a “Mike Love Hate Club”. And again, you’re the one who projected that “everyone” said these lyrics were “horrible”...when in reality three people merely casted doubt on the authorship of the lyrics - nothing more and nothing less.

Bill Tobelman's SMiLE site

God must’ve smiled the day Brian Wilson was born!

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
Gerry
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #128 on: July 03, 2020, 09:34:06 AM »

I was the one who mentioned the "good vibrations, assassinations" regarding Mike. I have the album LBWL but it's in storage, as it should be. Now, I could've sworn that Mike wrote that but he didn't. However we all know it's in his wheelhouse and I'm sure he wishes he wrote it. Regarding OSD: I've been around the Boys about 55 years, seen them over 100 times and have a lot of good stories to and I love Brian, but I don't make continually asinine comment which are backed up by his sycophant Smile Brian. Like I said, it would be tolerable if it was funny but it's just childish.
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #129 on: July 03, 2020, 10:34:00 AM »

Whomever wrote those lyrics, whether it’s Mike Love , Dan Parker, Peter Parker, whomever...they’re hot garbage regardless. And this is coming from someone who actually likes most of LBWL.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2020, 11:24:28 AM by ♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇 » Logged

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #130 on: July 03, 2020, 11:26:42 AM »

Nice words Gerry.... Roll Eyes

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #131 on: July 03, 2020, 11:30:18 AM »

I’m just going to say this and leave it at that....with everything going on in the world right now, isn’t the perfect time to start to be more civil to each other? We’re all Beach Boys fans here...but we’re also humans first.

We should all keep that in mind before flinging insults at each other.

Just my two cents

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
The LEGENDARY OSD
Smiley Smile Associate

luHv Estrangement Syndrome. It's a great thing!

View Profile
« Reply #132 on: July 04, 2020, 10:21:13 AM »

DLTBGYD, SB. We've weathered crap via someone 1000 times worse than this amateur.

myKe luHv, the most hated, embarrassing clown the world of music has ever witnessed.
Lonely Summer
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #133 on: July 04, 2020, 12:22:55 PM »

I’m just going to say this and leave it at that....with everything going on in the world right now, isn’t the perfect time to start to be more civil to each other? We’re all Beach Boys fans here...but we’re also humans first.

We should all keep that in mind before flinging insults at each other.

Just my two cents
I agree. Let's save all our anger and hatred for Mike Love.
He's the reason the world is such a mess now.
But if Mike would get me a candy bar, then we could have world peace.
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #134 on: July 04, 2020, 02:13:03 PM »

Better yet...how about not spewing hatred for anybody? I like that idea better.

Also not trolling would be very much appreciated. Just saying...

Peadar 'Big Dinner' O'Driscoll
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #135 on: July 05, 2020, 03:26:34 AM »

He has a point though. You need to carve out your own niche in the world of Beach Boys fandom. One OSD covers the Mike Love thing. Perhaps you could concentrate on Bruce  Grin Grin Grin

Gerry
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #136 on: July 05, 2020, 02:04:52 PM »

I'm curious, who other than OSD or SB spews hatred here? All I spouted was a little mild ribbing
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

I drink expired tea. wanna sip or spit?

View Profile
« Reply #137 on: July 05, 2020, 03:52:49 PM »

Agree, Billy. LS is trollfest.

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Who is Lucille Ball & Vivian Vance Duet Fan Club CEO? Btw, such Club exists?

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
“Big Daddy”
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #138 on: February 19, 2021, 09:36:23 PM »

Lets look into this guy Daniel Charles Parker

Here is his discogs page - https://www.discogs.com/artist/6746654-Daniel-Charles-Parker

Any connection with that name as to why it might be a pseudonym?

I found this - http://members.calbar.ca.gov/fal/Licensee/Detail/118281

I guess that could be him. Started practicing in 1985 in LA. I sent him an email  Grin

Sorry to revive an old thread, but went down a rabbit hole of googling and found out that Dan Parker is one of Mike’s former managers. Here’s his resume—among his achievements, he proudly states “Wrote title song and coordinated marketing and PR for Mr. Love’s solo album on Casablanca Records.” So, it sounds like Mr. Parker’s lyrical contribution to “LBWL” is legitimate.

Bonus: Here’s a random news article that features a video interview with Mr. Parker. Mentions how he and Mike met…

For those who believe that Brian walks on water, I will always be the Antichrist.
gfx
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx