gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680715 Posts in 27613 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 16, 2024, 02:04:20 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: What happened to Sensitive Music for Sensitive People?  (Read 2345 times)
The Nearest Faraway Place
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: April 17, 2020, 07:43:35 PM »

I remember Brian talking about this around 2015-2016. Has it been cancelled? Is this album still in the works? And if so, has recording even started? And if it has been cancelled, does that make it more likely that NPP could be Brians final album of new material?
Joshilyn Hoisington
Honored Guest

Aeijtzsche

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2020, 08:40:47 PM »

Presumably Brian was too sensitive to put it out?
The Nearest Faraway Place
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2020, 08:43:03 PM »

Presumably Brian was too sensitive to put it out?
Maybe? I remember him saying that he also wanted to do an album of classic Rock&Role covers.
Bicyclerider
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2020, 06:08:02 AM »

What happened to Pleasure Island - I think that was the name of the project Brian was touting at one point as his next album after Lucky Old Sun.
joe_blow
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2020, 10:34:37 AM »

Maybe it got lost in the production of the Proud Mary album and the rock n roll album that would be featuring guitar, and bass, and drums, and piano.
All Summer Long
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2020, 08:26:56 PM »

Was I the only person who thought that this album was the title of the rock and roll album? I thought Brian said that in an interview but could be wrong.
BeachBoysCovers
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2020, 12:37:40 PM »

Was I the only person who thought that this album was the title of the rock and roll album? I thought Brian said that in an interview but could be wrong.

That was my impression also.

RiC
Smiley Smile Associate

One and Only

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2020, 04:22:09 PM »

Yeah I remember him saying in some interview that he wants to make a hard rock album and call it Sensitive Music for Sensitive People  Grin That would be the best. I'd buy it in every format no matter what it would include.
PhilSpectre
Smiley Smile Associate

May You Never Hear Surf Music ... Again

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2020, 12:26:09 PM »

My guess is deteriorating physical and mental health and just damn getting older  Sad.

I wonder if Brian will record again at his current stage of life. There are good arguments for either way.

Grateful we still have him though.
Lonely Summer
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2020, 02:28:26 PM »

My guess is deteriorating physical and mental health and just damn getting older  Sad.

I wonder if Brian will record again at his current stage of life. There are good arguments for either way.

Grateful we still have him though.
In the initial post-Landy years, Brian seemed really energized about making music - minus the "collaborator who never left me alone". It's hard to believe that was 25 years ago. Like all of us, Brian is a lot older, and probably just dealing with getting through each day as it comes.
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx