gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680849 Posts in 27616 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 27, 2024, 07:37:30 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Salesman 1967: Craig Smith, Mike Nesmith, and Mike Love...and Brian?  (Read 23653 times)
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

"Barba non facit aliam historici"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: April 10, 2020, 11:19:15 AM »

GF, the same young woman is in the first of the photos Donny posted (with Nesmith at the console). After looking at the photo provided on the web page listing for a rare screening of "The Happeners" pilot episode in the Egyptian's basement screening room (aka "the Spielberg") in September 2016, it seems highly unlikely that this is Susannah Jordan--when you look at the publicity photo, the facial features really don't seem to match--Jordan is way too "baby-faced" to be the woman at Western....

https://americancinemathequecalendar.com/content/the-happeners-0

Now it's true that the photo for "The Happeners" is a couple of years earlier than the Western photos, but the woman's face is conspicuously longer and leaner (at least to my eyes). Other images of Jordan that are available online seem to confirm this.

From the Egyptian's program listing, it's clear that Mike Stax was present with his book, along with Chris Ducey, who participated in a panel discussion after the screening. Sounds as though it would've been a most illuminating evening...

Hmm...I looked at several vintage photos of Susannah Jordan and thought it *could* be her in that photo - maybe sans makeup and hairdo as she would appear in a TV camera shot? The Western shot is a casual shot...hence her beer and smoke too lol.

I definitely see what you're saying, but it would make sense for her to be there since she was pretty close with both Chris and Craig outside the TV show, and she could be pictured without being made up for a TV or promotional shoot. Or as you said it might mot be her!

I agree, I would have loved to be at that screening and presentation. So much of this entire saga has flown under the collective radar and would have been even more obscure had it not been for Mike Stax.

"All of us have the privilege of making music that helps and heals - to make music that makes people happier, stronger, and kinder. Don't forget: Music is God's voice." - Brian Wilson
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 10, 2020, 12:11:22 PM »

Thanks for this thread, I was inspired to research Craig’s story on my own. Man, whatever happened in that market in Afghanistan changed him for life.

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
gfx
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx