gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680599 Posts in 27601 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 29, 2024, 12:45:33 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Marcella  (Read 13841 times)
Fall Breaks
Smiley Smile Associate

How it really got to my soul

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: April 16, 2020, 03:19:41 AM »

Didn’t Carl do the vocal arrangements on this?

If so, it's surely the only time Carl did this kind of vocal arrangement - his others are more "conventional", if you will, and not really BW-like.

I feel I Can Hear Music, especially the a capella break, was pretty Brian-like. 
Bruce did the vocal arrangement for ICHM and Mike came up with his bass part. Arranging vocals was never really Carl's area.
But he must have made some arrangements? Trader for example?

"I think people should write better melodies and sing a little sweeter, and knock off that stupid rap crap, y’know? Rap is really ridiculous" -- Brian Wilson, 2010
WillJC
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: April 16, 2020, 04:00:14 AM »

« Last Edit: February 23, 2021, 08:16:55 AM by SaltyMarshmallow » Logged
c-man
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #77 on: April 16, 2020, 09:59:31 AM »

Yeah, all the little vocal twists & turns within "Marcella" scream of it being a Brian arrangement, although the other guys may have thrown in an idea or two.

Speaking of group vocal arrangements, anyone notice how, on the 1985 Beach Boys LP, all of the Brian songs come with a credit reading, "Vocals arranged by Brian Wilson and The Beach Boys", while none of the other tracks have a vocal arrangement credit?  I'm guessing Landy wanted to ensure that the world knew Brian was really back, and arranging harmonies. Since he only did so on his numbers, and since the other guys also contributed to those arrangements, a compromise was reached that resulted in the credits reading the way they do. Just my guess.
CenturyDeprived
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: April 16, 2020, 10:29:06 AM »

Yeah, all the little vocal twists & turns within "Marcella" scream of it being a Brian arrangement, although the other guys may have thrown in an idea or two.

Speaking of group vocal arrangements, anyone notice how, on the 1985 Beach Boys LP, all of the Brian songs come with a credit reading, "Vocals arranged by Brian Wilson and The Beach Boys", while none of the other tracks have a vocal arrangement credit?  I'm guessing Landy wanted to ensure that the world knew Brian was really back, and arranging harmonies. Since he only did so on his numbers, and since the other guys also contributed to those arrangements, a compromise was reached that resulted in the credits reading the way they do. Just my guess.

Interesting. 

On the Brian songs from the 1985 album, I wonder which of the vocal ideas were Brian's, and which were the Boys.
I've always been slightly perplexed, not knowing whether I like it or hate it, regarding the "whoah-oh-whoah-ohhh-HOOO" part on "Crack at Your Love" - it's one of those parts that just seems hokey to me, but now I've learned to sort of feel neutral about it.

I quite dig the other backing vocals on the rest of that song though.
c-man
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #79 on: April 16, 2020, 10:36:06 AM »

Interesting. 

On the Brian songs from the 1985 album, I wonder which of the vocal ideas were Brian's, and which were the Boys.
I've always been slightly perplexed, not knowing whether I like it or hate it, regarding the "whoah-oh-whoah-ohhh-HOOO" part on "Crack at Your Love" - it's one of those parts that just seems hokey to me, but now I've learned to sort of feel neutral about it.

That part seems like a Brian idea to me. If not, then I would guess it to be an Al idea.
CenturyDeprived
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: April 16, 2020, 11:13:38 AM »

Interesting. 

That part seems like a Brian idea to me. If not, then I would guess it to be an Al idea.

I think you're right.
All Summer Long
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 06, 2020, 08:40:28 PM »

Considering Billy Hinsche is probably sitting at home with time on his hands and has been active with his Facebook gigs, has anyone with an account (never been interested myself) actually thought of just asking him?

Finally got a response from Billy Hinsche: “I can’t tell you definitively if I sang on Marcella but it’s certainly a possibility. I’m working on my next show which should be a lot of fun so hope you can tune in Saturday night at 7 PM Pacific. Bye for now, Billy”
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #82 on: May 07, 2020, 02:48:14 PM »

Am  i the only one who thinks of a mouthwash commercial when I hear the backups for Crack at your Love? I don’t know why but it’s been bugging me for years

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
gfx
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx