gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680598 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 06:10:09 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Who is this guy on the far left?  (Read 2480 times)
Dr_Nein
Smiley Smile Newbie

View Profile
« on: March 21, 2020, 10:29:02 PM »

Who's this with the guitar and the shorts on the far left of the stage? The show is Minnesota State Fair, September 6th, 1992.

Thanks in advance!
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2020, 10:43:17 PM »

You mean the roadie carrying the guitar?

Is Mike enjoying a beer mid concert? Sure looks like it.  Grin Beer
Dr_Nein
Smiley Smile Newbie

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2020, 11:26:16 PM »

...Yes.
as1972
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2020, 05:32:36 AM »

Is Mike enjoying a beer mid concert? Sure looks like it.  Grin Beer

It better be Budweiser.  Grin

Trying to figure out which of my organs I could sell for outtakes and live.
UEF
Smiley Smile Associate

Sheriff John-ston

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2020, 06:31:58 AM »

Al's shorts and socks combo looking very much the "old man on holiday"
Emdeeh
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2020, 06:37:02 AM »

I don't remember the guy's name, but in the '90s they had a guitar tech who played a solo on one tour. This photo looks earlier, it could be a guest from the opening act.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2020, 06:37:35 AM by Emdeeh » Logged
All Summer Long
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2020, 10:13:27 AM »

I don't remember the guy's name, but in the '90s they had a guitar tech who played a solo on one tour. This photo looks earlier, it could be a guest from the opening act.

Stanley T. Sitchell, I believe.

In other news, is the roadie/opening act guest holding a Fender Electric XII?
Lonely Summer
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2020, 12:52:36 PM »

I wish they had never worn shorts onstage, it's just so tacky!
CenturyDeprived
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2020, 01:09:18 PM »

I wish they had never worn shorts onstage, it's just so tacky!

Completely agree. Is Carl the only beach boy to have never worn shorts onstage?

Or perhaps he did a few times but by far he must be the one who has done it the least.
DeanEntwistle
Smiley Smile Associate

Hey! https://soundcloud.com/deanentwistletwo

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2020, 01:20:08 PM »

Yes, it's a roadie, I know that it's a roadie because Adrian Baker played a black Fender XII during his 90's tenure with the band
Tony S
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2020, 01:59:19 PM »

Could not say for 100% certainty but I have never seen Carl Wilson on stage in shorts. Usually it was the white suit, the black suit, or in the seventies a sweatshirt and some sort of jeans. But never ever shorts
CenturyDeprived
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2020, 04:21:59 PM »

Could not say for 100% certainty but I have never seen Carl Wilson on stage in shorts. Usually it was the white suit, the black suit, or in the seventies a sweatshirt and some sort of jeans. But never ever shorts

It's actually really interesting how Carl Wilson was in many ways the biggest rebel within the band in an effective non-destructive manner, at least in terms of somebody who consistently showed up, but did his own thing and would resist peer pressure effectively. At least on some levels, some of the times, but in some consistent ways.

Dude never (or almost never) wore shorts onstage, refused to show up for the "Wipeout" music video, and put his money where his mouth was with regards to resigning from the band to force the band to up their game or do without him.

Considering how uniform the band was for almost a decade in terms of their onstage outfits, it's remarkable how he completely strayed from the awful outfits they wore in the later years. With Mike wearing his laughable and ridiculous full flag garb top to bottom, Carl wearing a black suit looked like he was onstage with a different band. This little-discussed difference seems more pronounced with this band compared to most any other famous band I can think of.
Tony S
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2020, 04:40:38 AM »

I sort of feel that Mike love had control over just about all of the other Beach Boys but could not get control over Carl for the most part and didn't try to. Of course he did have control from a business sense because it seems like Carl just gave in. But when it came to things like on stage wear, song selection ETC. I think Mike would persuade or sway Carl as much as he could and if there was any kind of push back that was it. Unfortunately Carl didn't always seem to push back on bigger things.
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2020, 03:10:16 PM »

I'm not sure, but I believe Stanley T. Sichel was/is a working professional guitarist/session musician, so I don't think he had been a roadie for the band. He played some gigs in 1990, including some where Carl was absent. Sichel only filled in on lead guitar; other members took over Carl's leads.

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx