Billy Hinsche LIVE on Facebook

(1/18) > >>

Emdeeh:
Billy Hinsche will be performing live on Facebook, this Saturday, March 21 at 7 p.m. PT / 10 p.m. ET. Details:

LIVE FROM BILLY’s PLACE
http://www.facebook.com/billy.hinsche

Artist: BILLY HINSCHE (Dino, Desi & Billy / The Beach Boys)
Producer: MFM PRODUCTIONS
Description: Songs & Stories Behind the Music
Date: Saturday, March 21, 2020
Time: 7pm PST / 10pm EST
Duration: 30 minutes
Capacity: Unlimited
Ticket Price: FREE

Feel free to add your local times to this thread.  8)

P.S. The show will be archived for later viewing.

DeanEntwistle:
Sweet! I'll be there then!

juggler:
Watched it.  Pretty interesting to hear Billy's anecdotes and songs.  Highlight was to hear that Carl had Annie in mind when he sang GOK.  Makes total sense of course as C & A were newlyweds when the GOK vocal track was recorded.  Never gave it much thought, though, because his brother & Tony Asher wrote song.  I never appreciated this angle until now... that Carl's spectacular lead vocal on that song was heartfelt about an actual person at the time.  Wonder if that aspect of it occurred to Brian at time, i.e., that Carl might sing the lyrics with a tenderness and sincerity that he or Mike Love might not.  Just a thought.

BTW, looked up the C & A wedding date.... 2/3/66.  

Emdeeh:
Billy will be doing another stories-behind-the-songs show from his home tonight at 10 p.m. ET / 7 p.m., again on Facebook Live.

LIVE FROM BILLY’s PLACE #2
http://www.facebook.com/billy.hinsche

juggler:
Thanks for the heads up, Emdeeh.

Watched it.  Billy's stories are great.  Such an interesting point about him being the only person who's played in solo shows by each of the five: Carl, Dennis, Brian, Mike and  Al. That truly is unique... and certainly his testament to his people skills!

Also, an interesting tale about how Brian gave "Lady Love" to him, Dino and Desi.  Billy's father (Carl's father-in-law) apparently asked Brian with some regularity at family dinners, "When are you going to write a song for Desi, Desi & Billy?"   Billy recounts that even though Brian split the publishing with DD&B, the song was essentially all Brian's, with Billy describing his own contribution as "dotting i's and crossing t's."  This anecdote is an interesting counter-point to ML's perennial lament about Brian and Murry stiffing him on credits.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page