gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680601 Posts in 27601 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 29, 2024, 06:01:49 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Brian Wilson's In My Room live stream series post  (Read 7265 times)
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: March 19, 2020, 07:13:56 PM »

I would rather pay a subscription to have Brian do this monthly or heck, even weekly, rather than continue to schlep out on the road. Sure it was rough around the edges, but it was beautiful in ways that don't need describing. It was so uplifting to hear him playing.

Me too. Maybe like once or twice a month do some like this. Just Brian and his piano

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
DeanEntwistle
Smiley Smile Associate

Hey! https://soundcloud.com/deanentwistletwo

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: March 19, 2020, 07:25:53 PM »

I would rather pay a subscription to have Brian do this monthly or heck, even weekly, rather than continue to schlep out on the road. Sure it was rough around the edges, but it was beautiful in ways that don't need describing. It was so uplifting to hear him playing.
Same!!!!
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 19, 2020, 08:52:33 PM »

I’m going to patent a new idea. Mini gigs from home by artists who can’t get out and perform.

‘The Corona Concert Series’

Seriously though, most artist started out small as in garage bands, school groups etc. The ‘business’ made the shows bigger than Ben Hur. What’s better than them getting back to basics?
DeanEntwistle
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: March 19, 2020, 09:03:54 PM »

I’m going to patent a new idea. Mini gigs from home by artists who can’t get out and perform.

Seriously though, most artist started out small as in garage bands, school groups etc. The ‘business’ made the shows bigger than Ben Hur. What’s better than them getting back to basics?
Some artists are doing similar stuff (ex. An artist i like called Clairo is going to make an art performance with another musician this Sunday).
She also gave a mini performance yesterday on Instagram and some bands are preparing and creating some live shows on their social networks
« Last Edit: March 19, 2020, 09:08:50 PM by DeanEntwistle » Logged
DeanEntwistle
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: March 19, 2020, 09:04:36 PM »

But yeah, your idea is cool and i really dig that cool name too!
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: March 19, 2020, 10:44:00 PM »

Some artists are doing similar stuff (ex. An artist i like called Clairo is going to make an art performance with another musician this Sunday).
She also gave a mini performance yesterday on Instagram and some bands are preparing and creating some live shows on their social networks

I’m a big fan of Clairo too ...great taste!

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
DeanEntwistle
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: March 20, 2020, 01:50:01 AM »

Sweeeet!!! She's a fan of The Beach Boys (specially of Smiley Smile) and of Daniel Johnston, I really love her style, her lyrics, well, I love everything about her, she's cool and she was my inspiration in starting to release my old and new tunes
phirnis
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 22, 2020, 02:19:05 AM »

Really enjoyed this. Rough around the edges, yes, but I'm 100% fine with that. It's good to see him play and hear him sing. He really seems to love Do It Again.
send me a picture and i'll tell you
Smiley Smile Associate

spilling my phector

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 22, 2020, 11:55:23 AM »

Brian’s lost a LOT of weight, and is not in his wheelchair.  3D

Never noticed this before, but he uses a lot of finger substitution in the left hand for Love and Mercy. In other words, he’ll put one finger on a note and switch to another finger before he releases the note, in order to make the downward scales easier and more comfortable to play. That’s a fairly advanced piano-playing technique.

that's it, who here wants to touch d***s? all in a row, just run your hand across several of them and hit them like you're bret hart tagging your fans as you approach the ring wearing teh pink sunglasses in 1993     ----runnersdialzero

We have a little extra meat onstage. The audience can feel it.   --Al Jardine

pLeAsUrE iSlAnD!!!!!!!!!!!!!
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: March 22, 2020, 01:00:11 PM »

Sweeeet!!! She's a fan of The Beach Boys (specially of Smiley Smile) and of Daniel Johnston, I really love her style, her lyrics, well, I love everything about her, she's cool and she was my inspiration in starting to release my old and new tunes

Awesome! I recently discovered her music a few months ago.

c-man
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: March 22, 2020, 03:12:09 PM »

Never noticed this before, but he uses a lot of finger substitution in the left hand for Love and Mercy. In other words, he’ll put one finger on a note and switch to another finger before he releases the note, in order to make the downward scales easier and more comfortable to play. That’s a fairly advanced piano-playing technique.

Really? I do that myself, but since I'm a rudimentary piano player at best, I've always assumed that's a rooky thing to do! Good to know I'm more "pro" than I imagined!
SBonilla
« Reply #36 on: March 22, 2020, 04:06:19 PM »

Really? I do that myself, but since I'm a rudimentary piano player at best, I've always assumed that's a rooky thing to do! Good to know I'm more "pro" than I imagined!
Brian may have acquired that technique from playing the organ. Those are typical fingerings.
saborlord123
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 23, 2020, 03:32:41 PM »

Really liked Brian's message at the beginning. Even if it was read off a script.
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: April 17, 2020, 09:50:25 AM »

Wonder if Brian, Al and Blondie will also be part of this:

https://www.billboard.com/articles/news/9359457/the-rolling-stones-join-one-world-together-at-home?utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook&fbclid=IwAR0Vq7B1gFg4zlAh8mG7Z9CNkiVVto9drdY6Hc-kTOXXteU5Y-nIYsbp7pw

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
gfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx