gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680598 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 09:04:37 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Brian Wilson's In My Room live stream series post  (Read 7261 times)
thetojo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: March 18, 2020, 10:22:42 AM »

Something cool, new and unexpected!

Brian Wilson's "In My Room" live stream series post.

See link: https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/igtv-in-my-room-music-series-968908/

Shocked
« Last Edit: March 18, 2020, 10:55:05 AM by thetojo » Logged
DeanEntwistle
Smiley Smile Associate

Hey! https://soundcloud.com/deanentwistletwo

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2020, 11:22:31 AM »

Sweet!
Bud Shaver
Smiley Smile Associate

Let Us Go On This Way

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2020, 12:09:51 PM »

Do It Again and Love and Mercy! Got me choked up and made me laugh when I noticed he was wearing a long sleeved dress shirt and shorts for the performance.

Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2020, 12:42:00 PM »

Thankfully it’s on YouTube as well.

https://youtu.be/XCgr9HyG1qs
Debbie KL
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2020, 01:09:11 PM »

Brian working his magic of so many decades. He can make all of us feel good when we're in a tough place. 
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2020, 01:25:14 PM »

He sounded wonderful...it brought a smile to my eye at a time I need it!

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
DeanEntwistle
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2020, 02:20:42 PM »

I was hoping that he would sing the falsetto on Do It Again, but yeah, he sounds and looks so great!
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2020, 03:25:19 PM »

It would be great if somebody could convince him to do a "concert" from his house at the piano for us as kind of a virtual experience for us stuck at home. And yes, he could do "Shortnin' Bread" to his heart's content and I'd come away thinking "Well that was definitely an hour well spent!" .

It was quite alarming to see and hear him appearing to be so out of breath as he was speaking.

A son of anarchy surrounded by the hierarchy.
c-man
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2020, 04:20:59 PM »

"Shortenin' Bread", "Ding Dang", whatever...as long as he looks and sounds as good as he does here, it would be very welcome!
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2020, 05:23:08 PM »

The pleasing thing to come out of this for me is how different he is off stage. In front of the audience he relies on the Teleprompter for security and barely touches the keyboard. With this he CAN play and the only reading was the intro script.

Leave a camera set up all the time and just hit ‘Record’ Brian. We will eat it up. Do you take requests.....? 👍
thetojo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2020, 07:35:16 PM »

Leave a camera set up all the time and just hit ‘Record’ Brian. We will eat it up. Do you take requests.....? 👍

I wanna see 'Rio Grande'
DeanEntwistle
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2020, 11:33:13 PM »

I wanna see 'Rio Grande'
Same, I also want to hear him do Run James Run or Being With The One You Love
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2020, 03:51:02 AM »

Did you notice Brian's wink at 1:30 mins ?

I think Brian's voice sounded a little raspy. But nothing I wouldn't expect from a guy in his age. But how many times do we get to see Brian Wilson at his piano at home playing? Not very often. Thanks for doing this Brian and I hope evryone stays safe.

EDIT:

This is the newest entry to the Pro Shot Concert list.
Since Brian is playing the intro to "In my room" (which of course is the series' title) I wonder if maybe there will be a video of him doing that song near the end of the series.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2020, 06:00:16 AM by Rocker » Logged

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
Rick5150
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2020, 04:29:43 AM »

Man, I love watching him play. He can still play well. The songs are a bit predictable, but BRIAN IS PLAY THE PIANO. I would love to hear more!
juggler
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2020, 08:37:36 AM »

I remember a debate raging on one of the messageboards year ago, in the early days of BW touring as a solo act, when a few fans were complaining about Brian not playing his keyboard.  The late Bob Hanes, whom I'm sure many of you remember, chimed in to say that Brian plays piano beautifully when he wants to and that he (Bob) had witnessed him playing masterfully many times.   And it's true.   Is Brian a trained pianist in the mode of a George Winston or someone like that?  No, but in terms of sheer musical ability and timing, he's a natural pianist.
MyDrKnowsItKeepsMeCalm
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2020, 01:19:24 PM »

That was lovely. Thanks for sharing the link.  Smiley
Shane
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2020, 01:21:37 PM »

This is so great.  He's singing well and on pitch again... wonder what has been the issue with recent shows?  I'm wondering if it has something to do with his hearing.

Anybody notice that the piano is a little out of tune?  He needs go full out Chickering on that thing.
Wirestone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 19, 2020, 01:26:43 PM »

He's singing much more quietly and accompanying himself for a single song at a time. There are cuts at the end of each. A concert is a far, far different context. Much longer, much louder, much more stressful.

But I agree it's great to see. I also enjoyed seeing him switch from the Do It Again accompaniment rhythm to more basic chords after a bit, and also deciding to omit the "Been so longs." That's our BW, getting to the point!
Aomdiddlywalla
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 19, 2020, 01:59:30 PM »

This is so great.  He's singing well and on pitch again... wonder what has been the issue with recent shows?  I'm wondering if it has something to do with his hearing.

Anybody notice that the piano is a little out of tune?  He needs go full out Chickering on that thing.
Someone who knows Dylan commented as such on the YouTube comments regarding the piano.. and added .. not your dad's fault.
thetojo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 19, 2020, 02:04:57 PM »

Reminds me of the detuned piano he used on Smiley Smile and in that 67 era - I don't really know what I'm talking about here, so maybe someone who knows more can explain what was done to that piano back then. ?
luckyoldsmile
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 19, 2020, 02:17:14 PM »

I know this is going to sound like an anti-Mike thing, and I don't really intend for that kind of impression, per se ...

But hey, whatever. Eff it.

Says a lot that Brian contributes to a program that recognizes the current situation and still provides entertainment for fans who need it (and for a good cause, as it looks like these "In My Room" events also allow for donations to charities and to help support musicians).

Whereas Mike's touring vehicle performed for a group that glorifies trophy hunting.

Again, I'm not trying to start anything. It just says a lot about the heart, soul and outlook presented by different members of a group that is so important to all of us for myriad reasons.

I enjoyed Brian's performance, I'm glad to see him looking so relaxed and with it. In these stressful times, it has a calming and reassuring sense about it. Lord knows we all could use it.

And just so no one thinks I'm a Mike hater or bashing him without any regard, I also listened to "All I Wanna Do" three or four times this morning just to find some quiet within myself. The dude can sing and write and contribute to great things. I have respect for his abilities.

Just not his choices in venues / events / affiliations.

Bless you, Brian. The peace we need. Love and mercy, right on.

Wish you'd help me find the key ...
thetojo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 19, 2020, 05:10:08 PM »

Did I hear (read) someone say they wanted to hear Brian performing 'Ding Dang' at home?

Check out the intro to this

https://www.facebook.com/paul.rock.54/videos/10157570667612663/

Courtesy of Ed Roach I believe.
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: March 19, 2020, 05:46:18 PM »

I know this is going to sound like an anti-Mike thing, and I don't really intend for that kind of impression, per se ...

But hey, whatever. Eff it.

Says a lot that Brian contributes to a program that recognizes the current situation and still provides entertainment for fans who need it (and for a good cause, as it looks like these "In My Room" events also allow for donations to charities and to help support musicians).

Whereas Mike's touring vehicle performed for a group that glorifies trophy hunting.

Again, I'm not trying to start anything. It just says a lot about the heart, soul and outlook presented by different members of a group that is so important to all of us for myriad reasons.

I enjoyed Brian's performance, I'm glad to see him looking so relaxed and with it. In these stressful times, it has a calming and reassuring sense about it. Lord knows we all could use it.

And just so no one thinks I'm a Mike hater or bashing him without any regard, I also listened to "All I Wanna Do" three or four times this morning just to find some quiet within myself. The dude can sing and write and contribute to great things. I have respect for his abilities.

Just not his choices in venues / events / affiliations.

Bless you, Brian. The peace we need. Love and mercy, right on.

Very well put!

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
DeanEntwistle
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: March 19, 2020, 06:17:01 PM »

Did I hear (read) someone say they wanted to hear Brian performing 'Ding Dang' at home?

Check out the intro to this

https://www.facebook.com/paul.rock.54/videos/10157570667612663/

Courtesy of Ed Roach I believe.
Sweet!
RubberSoul13
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 19, 2020, 06:45:16 PM »

I would rather pay a subscription to have Brian do this monthly or heck, even weekly, rather than continue to schlep out on the road. Sure it was rough around the edges, but it was beautiful in ways that don't need describing. It was so uplifting to hear him playing.
gfx
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx