gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680597 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 09:46:00 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Brian to tour UK  (Read 4697 times)
Ang Jones
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: March 02, 2020, 02:16:56 AM »

https://www.brianwilson.com/home?fbclid=IwAR142aivqte92HoVVry51RCZcofzom9G_-fAPCcC6cntLxwScBloZ0nwbmg#united-kingdom

Other European dates too.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2020, 03:46:29 AM by Ang Jones » Logged
RubberSoul13
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2020, 04:40:50 AM »

Wow...that's a lot. Also interesting that they'll be touring the UK at the same time as M&B...
BeachBoysCovers
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2020, 12:55:43 PM »

Wow...that's a lot. Also interesting that they'll be touring the UK at the same time as M&B...

The M&B UK "tour" is just one show at a festival, so its not exactly a massive clash.

Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2020, 04:20:55 PM »

No date in Ireland  Sad

Why Brian, we're so good to you evryone you play here

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
UEF
Smiley Smile Associate

Sheriff John-ston

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2020, 01:30:51 AM »

Great news. Was thinking I wouldn't get another go. Royal Albert Hall should be lovely Smiley The BBs were great there last year.
UEF
Smiley Smile Associate

Sheriff John-ston

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2020, 01:32:54 AM »

14 June 2020: Beach Boys to play London
14 June 2020: Brian Wilson to play Leeds.

I feel a certain synchronisation going on that may lead to bigger things...

£160 for a top tier ticket though!  Cool Guy
« Last Edit: March 04, 2020, 01:34:25 AM by UEF » Logged
UEF
Smiley Smile Associate

Sheriff John-ston

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2020, 02:08:25 AM »

...boom, row 2 at the Albert Hall Smiley
Ang Jones
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2020, 04:43:09 AM »

The presale has worked exceptionally well for many of us this time. Expensive seats at the RAH but I'm SMiLiNG.
UEF
Smiley Smile Associate

Sheriff John-ston

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2020, 02:19:44 PM »

The presale has worked exceptionally well for many of us this time. Expensive seats at the RAH but I'm SMiLiNG.

I tried to justify it by thinking that this could be a last hurrah, and if it was, if someone asked you “would you pay £150 to see Brian at the Albert Hall at his final tour” would you say yes?
jeffh
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2020, 02:39:42 PM »

Wasn’t his tour last year supposed to be his final tour of Europe ?
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2020, 07:00:03 PM »

He has been performing final European tours for some time now.

https://www.brianwilson.com/news/2015/6/23/brians-fall-uk-tour-postponed
Ang Jones
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2020, 11:29:02 PM »

I tried to justify it by thinking that this could be a last hurrah, and if it was, if someone asked you “would you pay £150 to see Brian at the Albert Hall at his final tour” would you say yes?

Although we have been saying just that for years now! But still the answer for me is yes. The answer will always be yes.
Emdeeh
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2020, 05:46:07 AM »

To our UK fans, was the tour in question actually billed as a final tour for Brian there, or was it billed as a final tour for Pet Sounds shows?
« Last Edit: March 05, 2020, 05:55:00 AM by Emdeeh » Logged
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2020, 07:07:51 AM »

14 June 2020: Beach Boys to play London
14 June 2020: Brian Wilson to play Leeds.

I feel a certain synchronisation going on that may lead to bigger things...

£160 for a top tier ticket though!  Cool Guy

They've both been touring relatively regularly for the last 21 years; they've crossed paths on tour before to varying degrees.

If anything, the fact that they have a booking on the *same date* makes it less likely one would pop up at the other's show, as they'd both be busy doing their respective shows.

Even if they were inclined to appear on stage together performing music (something that seems less likely considering the recent PR kerfuffle), it would be a wasted opportunity to show up unannounced at a random gig.

If they were ever to try even a one-shot reunion-type live appearance, it would make way more sense to hype it, sell tickets, film it, etc.

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
mtaber
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2020, 04:50:00 PM »

Hey Jude, you just used the phrase about something “making sense” on a Beach Boys forum.  Have you lost your head?
BeachBoysCovers
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2020, 11:57:28 AM »

Wasn’t his tour last year supposed to be his final tour of Europe ?

He didn't tour Europe last year.

Pacific Ocean Blue
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2020, 05:55:06 AM »

Got tickets for the Glasgow show, can't wait!
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2020, 06:55:36 AM »

I know I'll probably get some comments about this, but honestly, whenever I hear or read about more tour dates from Brian, I just get an uneasy anxiety over it. It needs to end.

A son of anarchy surrounded by the hierarchy.
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: March 12, 2020, 06:58:24 AM »

Hey Jude, you just used the phrase about something “making sense” on a Beach Boys forum.  Have you lost your head?

True, of course, they often do things that are the opposite of making sense.

But they usually err on the side of not making sense by *not* doing things that make sense. In other words, it's FAR more likely they'd just never do a reunion gig than go to all the trouble of reuniting the group only for one slapdash, impromptu, unadvertised show.

Does anybody envision Brian and Al just walking on stage and singing with Mike's band? I mean, *anything* is possible, but that scenario is pretty close up there with Mike singing a "Hang on to Your Ego/Cabinessence" medley.

More importantly, doing anything as a *group*, even just sitting in a room for an hour answering simple "did you ever surf?" questions for SiriusXM a year and half ago usually requires a bunch of negotiations and brokering of deals and navigating schedules.

And again, the recent Safari Club debacle certainly doesn't make things smell like we're closer to any factions jumping on stage with each other and jamming.

So again, they indeed do things that make no sense, but that usually manifests itself via them *not* doing something rather than doing something.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2020, 06:59:35 AM by HeyJude » Logged

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 12, 2020, 07:15:12 AM »

Reunion aside, the band has never really been one whose members turn up at others gigs and jam, with the exception of David Marks.
I’d be surprised if it happened with Brian, Mike, Al and Bruce this late in the game.
All Summer Long
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 12, 2020, 12:11:27 PM »

Reunion aside, the band has never really been one whose members turn up at others gigs and jam, with the exception of David Marks.
I’d be surprised if it happened with Brian, Mike, Al and Bruce this late in the game.

Has David Marks appeared at any B&A or M&B shows after 2015? And did we ever get an explanation why David didn’t stay with Brian and Al; I’m assuming so he could remain neutral and on okay terms with Mike for 2014 at Jones Beach and the Ella Awards and 2015 in the UK.
roffels
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 12, 2020, 06:47:28 PM »

I've always considered this bizarre. Like hell, even David Gilmour showed up at a Roger Waters gig.
juggler
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 12, 2020, 07:24:18 PM »

You know, the M&B shows set for 4th of July weekend at the Hollywood Bowl with the L.A. Philharmonic (assuming that coronavirus has burned itself out by then & the shows even happen) sound kinda interesting to me... but, darnit, I'd be even more interested if Brian and Al were part of the show.  I get that the two camps are happier doing their separate things, but why not occasional detente?  Heck, Brian probably lives closer to the H. Bowl than any of the rest of them.
Ian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 12, 2020, 07:41:21 PM »

Yeah based on what’s happening now it’s hard to imagine it won’t be postponed but maybe it will blow over by then
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx