gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680880 Posts in 27617 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims May 01, 2024, 06:51:29 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Guess I'm dumb  (Read 11300 times)
runnersdialzero
Smiley Smile Associate

I WILL NEVER GO TO SCHOOL

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 25, 2013, 01:26:10 AM »

No lines to read between - this and "Sandy" were written to be given to Glen, they're not just Beach Boys outtakes. If Brian would have wanted it on a Beach Boys record, it would have been.

Not according to Glen. He stated that Guess I'm Dumb was intended for the Beach Boys but was 'off message' or words to that effect.

If this is true, I want to die more than I already did before reading it. Girl, you know it's true.

Apologies, I feel like I've made an ass of myself in this thread. I swore I'd read these things elsewhere on the board and a quick Googlin' shows people elsewhere on teh interwebz  talking like "Sandy" might've been offered to Glen (while indeed seeming uncertain), so yeah, it's not just me.

I still cannot wrap my head around "Sandy"/"Sherry" being scrapped, being about 95% complete and only needing a lead vocal (inb4 Smile tracks, totally different circumstances), nor could I begin to fathom the idea of "Guess I'm Dumb" possibly almost seeing the same fate.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2013, 01:46:46 AM by runnersdialzero » Logged

Tell me it's okay.
Tell me you still love me.
People make mistakes.
People make mistakes.
D409
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 25, 2013, 03:12:31 AM »

One thing that is worth mentioning that I haven't seen said is how the one vocal part of Had to Phone Ya is very much right out of Guess I'm Dumb.  I'm speaking of these two sections to be specific...

Guess I'm Dumb:

I'll give in when I know I should be strong
I still give in even though I know it's wrong, know it's wrong

Had to Phone Ya:

I visualize that you're looking fine
Feels so good when you come on the line

Melodically very similar - had never noticed this before !
gfx
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx