gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680598 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 07:16:33 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Announcing “Add Some Sunflower to your Day”: a production miniseries  (Read 3257 times)
Joshilyn Hoisington
Honored Guest

Aeijtzsche

View Profile
« on: February 19, 2020, 12:33:04 PM »

Heyo.

This serves as both an announcement and as a final push in my donation campaign.

As soon as I’m able, I’ll be producing and publishing a special video series honoring Sunflower and its 50th birthday.  It will be a track by track look at some of the things I’ve found interesting about the record over the years.  Hopefully this will coincide with the launch of a website devoted to my Beach Boys projects.  That was I can not only do videos, but also maybe podcasts and essays.  It will be a great place for the thoughtful fan to come learn.

Here’s what you can look forward to:

Episode 1:  Slip on Through — cricket cowbells, outdoor drums, Dennis Dragon’s impact on the feel of tracks.

Episode 2:  This Whole World — country guitars, key changes, bass + drums in concert

Episode 3:  Add Some Music — simplicity and complexity

Episode 4: Got to Know the Woman — reinventing the piano rocker, Mike’s vocal basslines at their apotheosis

///

There will be episodes for each track, plus the outtakes.  And don’t forget, I’ll be doing a complete dissection and demonstration of what’s happening in All I Wanna Do.

Friends, this is the balm with which to salve the pains of waiting for a boxed set.

Now, all this will go down, but it will come sooner and with better production values if just a few more donors contribute to my fundraising campaign.

https://www.gofundme.com/f/recording-computer-for-joshilyn?utm_medium=copy_link&utm_source=customer&utm_campaign=p_lico+share-sheet

Every little bit helps and I’m very close to being able to rain content upon you like a biblical deluge.  Please help.  All donations go directly to Beach Boys content production.

Look for the website launch very soon!!!

JK
Smiley Smile Associate

Maybe I put too much faith in atmosphere

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2020, 03:04:13 PM »

https://www.gofundme.com/f/recording-computer-for-joshilyn?utm_medium=copy_link&utm_source=customer&utm_campaign=p_lico+share-sheet

Every little bit helps and I’m very close to being able to rain content upon you like a biblical deluge

LOL 

Please help.  All donations go directly to Beach Boys content production.

Really looking forward to that series, JH. Wink

"Ik bun moar een eenvoudige boerenlul en doar schoam ik mien niet veur" (Normaal, 1978)
You're Grass and I'm a Power Mower: A Beach Boys Orchestration Web Series
the Carbon Freeze | Eclectic Essays & Art
DeanEntwistle
Smiley Smile Associate

Hey! https://soundcloud.com/deanentwistletwo

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2020, 03:07:39 PM »

Amazing idea!!!!
I'm looking forward to listen to this amazing project!
MyDrKnowsItKeepsMeCalm
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2020, 07:54:20 PM »

Awesome!
Joshilyn Hoisington
Honored Guest

Aeijtzsche

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2020, 03:48:42 PM »

Shopping for appropriately pitched cowbells right now.
DeanEntwistle
Smiley Smile Associate

Hey! https://soundcloud.com/deanentwistletwo

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2020, 03:52:27 PM »

For Slip On Through? Good luck with the videos BTW!!!!
SBonilla
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2020, 04:24:54 PM »

Would using a pitch shifted cowbell sample be cheating?
Joshilyn Hoisington
Honored Guest

Aeijtzsche

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2020, 04:36:49 PM »

Of course, but I might settle for that anyway!
SBonilla
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2020, 05:22:24 PM »

Is the effect your talking about the same one that was used on Do It Again's snare?
Joshilyn Hoisington
Honored Guest

Aeijtzsche

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2020, 05:55:31 PM »

Is the effect your talking about the same one that was used on Do It Again's snare?

Well, you'll see it in action in the video about the song (which will be the very first one to be produced and released as soon as I can raise the production budget!) but yes, the same multiple tap, non-feeding back delays effect is on the cowbell on Slip on Through, and actually on the whole drumset on Do It Again.

And it's funny because Slip on Through is actually pitch shifted as is!  They recorded it a half-step lower and varisped it up a half step for the master.  So everything sounds a little faster and higher and Dennis a tiny tiny bit chipmunky.
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2020, 09:30:47 PM »

Sounds exciting!

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
Joshilyn Hoisington
Honored Guest

Aeijtzsche

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2020, 04:53:12 AM »

Sounds exciting!

Extremely! 
Don Malcolm
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2020, 09:00:34 PM »

Please, please, folks. Let's push that donation total further. I went back and put more in, and I hope everyone will "do what they can and oughta" because the videos we've already seen are pure gold, and the ones described in this thread promise to be triple platinum...
JK
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2020, 05:03:02 AM »

Please, please, folks. Let's push that donation total further. I went back and put more in, and I hope everyone will "do what they can and oughta" because the videos we've already seen are pure gold, and the ones described in this thread promise to be triple platinum...

This! Oh this! Roll Eyes

DM, you are a gentleman. Now it's up to those who have been vocal in their appreciation of what aeijtzsche is doing and haven't donated yet!

There's no other way to say this: folks put your money where your mouth is. Push that total a little further along the line and we are in for a treat.

"Ik bun moar een eenvoudige boerenlul en doar schoam ik mien niet veur" (Normaal, 1978)
Joshilyn Hoisington
Honored Guest

Aeijtzsche

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2020, 07:18:45 PM »

I am just staggered by your generosity and support, Don.  I can't believe how generous people have been.  I am just a fan who happens to have had a weird combination of experiences, some Beach Boys OCD, and a joyous love for the music in my heart. 

We all experience and express love for music in different ways, and mine is to dig and understand the music on an atomic level.  That enhances my love.  I really hope that I can communicate just a little bit of that joy with you.  All I can do is promise to do my best.  I think that there is so much going on in Brian and the Boys' music that is so rich and so deep that is just ready to burst forth and enrich your soul.  Every little donation makes that easier for me.  Even kind words go a long way.  Thanks.

I really hope to tide you over till the box set drops.  I know we'd all rather hear the real thing.  But I can get pretty close, and the spirit is there, and I can pull back the curtain a lot farther than an official release can.  (Unless my happiest dream comes true and they just...release all the multitracks!!!!!!!!)
JK
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2020, 03:22:51 PM »

I really hope to tide you over till the box set drops.  I know we'd all rather hear the real thing.

Not necessarily. I'll throw caution to the wind and say what you're doing is at least as important. Please don't belittle your achievements, JH.

But I can get pretty close, and the spirit is there, and I can pull back the curtain a lot farther than an official release can.

Now that's more like it! And the sooner you're back in a position to make that happen, the better. Wink

gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx