gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680598 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 09:37:07 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Jerry Lee Lewis suffers stroke  (Read 4180 times)
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« on: March 02, 2019, 01:24:13 AM »

Jerry Lee Lewis suffers stroke

In a call with The Tennessean, Farnum added that Lewis wasn't canceling any shows and that there is currently no reason to believe his next concert at New Orleans Jazz & Heritage Festival in May wouldn't continue as scheduled.

https://eu.tennessean.com/story/entertainment/music/2019/03/01/jerry-lee-lewis-suffers-stroke/3033392002/

From Jerry Lee's Facebook account:

Last night, Jerry Lee Lewis suffered a minor stroke. He is with his family, recuperating in Memphis and the doctors expect a full recovery. The Killer looks forward to getting back into the studio soon to record a Gospel record and on the road performing live for his fans. His family requests privacy at this time. Well wishes and prayers are greatly appreciated.

"'But I will restore you to health and heal your wounds,' declares the Lord" - Jeremiah 30:17

Jerry Lee Lewis Suffers Minor Stroke, Full Recovery Expected

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4OCb1R1pevo
« Last Edit: March 02, 2019, 02:39:16 AM by Rocker » Logged

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
JK
Smiley Smile Associate

Maybe I put too much faith in atmosphere

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2019, 02:35:02 PM »

May the last man standing be back on his feet soon!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eUA_3OqQmUE

"Ik bun moar een eenvoudige boerenlul en doar schoam ik mien niet veur" (Normaal, 1978)
You're Grass and I'm a Power Mower: A Beach Boys Orchestration Web Series
the Carbon Freeze | Eclectic Essays & Art
Lonely Summer
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2019, 07:36:32 PM »

Well, he's outlived nearly all of them - Berry, , Diddley, Presley, Perkins, Cash, Orbison; Little Richard is alive, but not performing anymore. Don Everly is still around, but retired. I seriously think JLL is going to outlive them all. At this rate, he'll cut a new album at 90, and headline Albert Hall at 100.
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2019, 02:53:30 AM »

Well, he's outlived nearly all of them - Berry, , Diddley, Presley, Perkins, Cash, Orbison; Little Richard is alive, but not performing anymore. Don Everly is still around, but retired. I seriously think JLL is going to outlive them all. At this rate, he'll cut a new album at 90, and headline Albert Hall at 100.

The article mentions that he is planning to record a gospel album. I hope that one won't be as much a disaster as some tracks on "Rock and Roll time". "Last man standing" and "Mean old man" were quite good but there's stuff on "Rock and Roll time" that is just not worth of being the Killer's last album. "Little Queenie" for example has JLL and his piano flown in. There's no piano when he is not singing. Can you believe that? Or some of the bad autotune job on some tracks.

But yeah, I don't think Death will ever dare try again to get the Killer. JLL probably at one day just has enough and goes to rest.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2019, 02:59:13 AM by Rocker » Logged

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2019, 03:00:16 PM »

I just stumbled upon this. These are the things that can only happen by lucky accident. Be sure to listen:

Recordet on 03.06.1989 at THREE RIVERS STADIUM Pittsburg PA Due to bad weather the show was cancelled and Jerry went to the control room for having some interviews and "Ivory tickling". The results were a nearly complete improvised show by the old master using an Yamaha electrical piano alone - enjoy!!
Keep my motor running
Baby what you want me to do
Memory #1
Great balls of fire
Great balls of fire (slow version)
Rock and roll is something special
Mexicali rose
House of blue lights
Wild one
Waiting for a train
Whole lotta shaking going on
Rocking my life away
I am what I am
Me and bobby mcghee
Great Balls of fire

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-oV4G6O8cYw

- Jack Rieley
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2019, 02:56:51 PM »

A quick update, posted by JLL's facebook account:

Great news! After suffering a stroke and spending two weeks in the hospital, Jerry Lee Lewis has been transferred to a rehabilitation center.

“Jerry Lee Lewis is expected to fully recover with aggressive and intensive rehab. From what I have seen thus far, he is heading in the right direction,” said Dr. Rohini Bhole, M.D., Lewis’ Neurologist.

As such, Jerry Lee Lewis will unfortunately have to cancel his appearances on April 28 at the New Orleans Jazz Festival in New Orleans, LA, on May 18 at the Tennessee Theatre in Knoxville, TN, and on June 8 at The Birchmere in Alexandria, VA.

The Rock and Roll Hall of Famer greatly appreciates the prayers and well wishes he’s received from fans all over the world. He wants them to know he can’t wait to get back on stage and into the studio to make his Gospel record.

https://jerryleelewis.com/2019/03/18/recovery-update-jerry-lee-lewis-is-heading-in-the-right-direction/?fbclid=IwAR0mJNLrwUczWh5v_nMgrUKoMoQUNKO26rrg7RiTc5uAajHrfad-5xJtqMw

- Jack Rieley
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2019, 12:03:50 PM »

Jerry Lee Lewis Leaves Rehabilitation Center After 'Successful Stay' 3 Months Following His Stroke

https://people.com/music/jerry-lee-lewis-leaves-rehabilitation-center-3-months-after-stroke/?fbclid=IwAR07OWpZKvTWZ3I1E8Ysey8JFaOcoslIlFnZoGY4TkWmeBURvaYg2bFRVaA

- Jack Rieley
NOLA BB Fan
Smiley Smile Associate

"When you come to a fork in the road, take it."

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2019, 01:34:24 PM »

Great news.

"No White Flags." - Team Gleason

"(Brian) got into this really touching music with songs like 'In My Room', and 'Good Vibrations' was amazing. The melodies are so beautiful, almost perfect. I began to realize he was one of the most gifted writers of our generation." - Paul Simon

"The best thing you can be 'like' in music is yourself." Dr. John
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2019, 04:25:22 AM »

Looking good:

Jerry Lee Lewis honored with Mississippi Country Music Trail 19-12-2019

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iRZo4x1H6yE

- Jack Rieley
JK
Smiley Smile Associate

Maybe I put too much faith in atmosphere

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 24, 2019, 05:47:11 AM »

Looking good:

Jerry Lee Lewis honored with Mississippi Country Music Trail 19-12-2019

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iRZo4x1H6yE

And most deservedly! He does look good, doesn't he? Thanks for sharing, Rocker.

"Ik bun moar een eenvoudige boerenlul en doar schoam ik mien niet veur" (Normaal, 1978)
You're Grass and I'm a Power Mower: A Beach Boys Orchestration Web Series
the Carbon Freeze | Eclectic Essays & Art
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 24, 2019, 12:14:34 PM »

I saw the title of this thread and thought for a minute that he had another one and was in bad shape. Don't do that to me! lol

A son of anarchy surrounded by the hierarchy.
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2020, 12:12:42 PM »

I saw the title of this thread and thought for a minute that he had another one and was in bad shape. Don't do that to me! lol

Hope you won't be frightened today Wink

Jerry Lee Lewis Returns to Music: ‘I Thought I Would Never Play Again’

After a stroke last year robbed him of use of his right hand, the Rock and Roll legend thought his piano-playing days were over. Now, at 84, he just recorded a new album

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-features/jerry-lee-lewis-returns-thought-would-never-play-again-953592/?fbclid=IwAR0UwuCe58aJwO7FU_1k3IOrSYvdxuU_N3qb4IiGFzgfM3cCvDOQyYyaSFA
« Last Edit: February 19, 2020, 12:13:38 PM by Rocker » Logged

- Jack Rieley
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx