gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680597 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 04:14:25 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Mike makes a statement  (Read 3580 times)
sjeffery
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: February 04, 2020, 07:40:59 AM »

Mike makes a statement:

Monday night, Variety obtained a statement from Love, in response to the petition and Wilson’s support of it: “We look forward to a night of great music in Reno and, as always, support freedom of thought and expression as a fundamental tenet of our rights as Americans. Peace & Love, Mike Love.”

From Beach Boys Opinion Page on FB
harrisonjon
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2020, 09:26:53 AM »

Except when that freedom is expressed on his Facebook page.
CenturyDeprived
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2020, 11:28:11 AM »

Except when that freedom is expressed on his Facebook page.

PLEASE let some reporter ask him about this discrepancy.
bossaroo
Smiley Smile Associate

...let's be friends...

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2020, 12:33:41 PM »

what a smug piece of sh!t he is
ppk700
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2020, 03:02:18 PM »

Mike's taking the meaning of "Don't Back Down" a little too literally.
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2020, 04:16:18 PM »

Mike needs to say something about shithead Don Trump Jr. going after Brian.Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: February 04, 2020, 04:16:55 PM by SMiLE Brian » Logged

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
sjeffery
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2020, 06:12:41 PM »

Mike needs to say something about shithead Don Trump Jr. going after Brian.Roll Eyes

Brian and Mike are family. Taking this gig for money is one thing and it's a poor decision. For Mike to let the following comment stand is yet another view of who he is.

From the New York Times:
“Donald Trump Jr. is scheduled to speak on Saturday, according to Safari Club International, and is part of an auction for a hunt in Alaska for Sitka black-tailed deer and sea duck, according to the convention program.”

“Don is looking forward to his speech at the Safari Club convention and is proud to add Brian Wilson to the list of liberal Hollywood elites who he has successfully triggered,” Andy Surabian, a spokesman for Mr. Trump, said on Tuesday.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/02/04/us/brian-wilson-beach-boys.html
Rocky Raccoon
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2020, 06:14:01 PM »

Joking about “triggering” a man who notoriously suffers from mental illness is pure class.  Would expect nothing less from the Trump boys.

The Lovester
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2020, 08:20:55 PM »

Brian and Mike are family. Taking this gig for money is one thing and it's a poor decision. For Mike to let the following comment stand is yet another view of who he is.

From the New York Times:
“Donald Trump Jr. is scheduled to speak on Saturday, according to Safari Club International, and is part of an auction for a hunt in Alaska for Sitka black-tailed deer and sea duck, according to the convention program.”

“Don is looking forward to his speech at the Safari Club convention and is proud to add Brian Wilson to the list of liberal Hollywood elites who he has successfully triggered,” Andy Surabian, a spokesman for Mr. Trump, said on Tuesday.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/02/04/us/brian-wilson-beach-boys.html

Great job Don Jr.! Nothing triggers the liberals like hunting and killing various endangered animals for sport. He really got to them this time!

Disgusting that he'd go after Brian.
clack
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2020, 08:01:01 AM »

If Brian wants to make a statement regarding a public controversy, he cannot then hide behind his mental illness to deflect blowback. Not that is what he is doing here -- others are doing it on his behalf. It's infantilizing.

I agree with Brian and Al regarding trophy hunting. I admire their convictions. But if Brian can't be criticized because of his mental illness, does it then follow that his opinions on this matter are a result of his mental illness? Can't have it both ways.
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2020, 08:12:55 AM »

If Brian wants to make a statement regarding a public controversy, he cannot then hide behind his mental illness to deflect blowback. Not that is what he is doing here -- others are doing it on his behalf. It's infantilizing.

I agree with Brian and Al regarding trophy hunting. I admire their convictions. But if Brian can't be criticized because of his mental illness, does it then follow that his opinions on this matter are a result of his mental illness? Can't have it both ways.

That's pretty specious logic I think. If one invokes Brian's mental illness in defending him against these attacks (something I don't think needs to be done), it doesn't then mean that we have to assume therefore that everything he does or says is a direct proximate cause of mental illness.

The Trump Jr. response to Brian is comically disproportionate to its target or what the target said. It's overkill. That's the problem, regardless of Brian's mental health status.

It's framing a person who has never been embroiled in such politics as having willingly jumped into this cesspool of political fray simply because he said trophy hunting is gross, and wanted to clarify that he isn't "The Beach Boys" that are doing the gig. Trump Jr. is talking to Brian Wilson as if he's Joe Biden or something.

PR-wise, is it also an extra bad look to go after a target with such zeal who, mere months ago, was in the news for recurring mental health challenges? Sure. Does Trump or his ilk care? Of course not. And apparently neither does Mike "I remember Brian singing Danny Boy" Love.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2020, 08:40:12 AM by HeyJude » Logged

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
CenturyDeprived
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2020, 08:38:27 AM »

PR-wise, is it also an extra bad look to go after a target with such zeal who, mere months ago, was in the news for recurring mental health challenges? Sure. Does Trump or his ilk care? Of course not. And apparently neither does Mike "I remember Brian singing Danny Boy" Love.

This.
Amy B.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2020, 10:41:56 AM »

That's pretty specious logic I think. If one invokes Brian's mental illness in defending him against these attacks (something I don't think needs to be done), it doesn't then mean that we have to assume therefore that everything he does or says is a direct proximate cause of mental illness.

The Trump Jr. response to Brian is comically disproportionate to its target or what the target said. It's overkill. That's the problem, regardless of Brian's mental health status.

It's framing a person who has never been embroiled in such politics as having willingly jumped into this cesspool of political fray simply because he said trophy hunting is gross, and wanted to clarify that he isn't "The Beach Boys" that are doing the gig. Trump Jr. is talking to Brian Wilson as if he's Joe Biden or something.

Anyone who takes a stance against the Trumps OR a cause of the Trumps is automatically labeled as crazy or triggered or weak or stupid. That's just how this family works.
CenturyDeprived
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2020, 11:03:22 AM »

Anyone who takes a stance against the Trumps OR a cause of the Trumps is automatically labeled as crazy or triggered or weak or stupid. That's just how this family works.

Yep. Frankly, in a way, this gig is Mike campaigning for Trump 2020. Trying to excite the lowest of the low, getting every last random low information extremist out from under rocks to say "hey, I like The Beach Boys! And now Trump is even cooler and deserving of my vote for standing up for our rights!" Mike and Trump love their low-information fans.  He will probably get a Presidential medal of honor, or some kernel of appreciation for this. I'll just bet.

Also - as many people have noted, including David Beard - Mike doesn't strike basically anyone as someone who would actively support killing animals for fun. He's never to my knowledge gave an inkling of that being something he gets kicks from. Much like Trump - who no way in hell actually personally gives two sh*ts about banning abortions, and no way in hell gives two sh*ts about religious Christian causes - Mike is most likely simply doing something to PANDER for some political or personal ego reason.

Trump knows he's get more voters if he supports stuff he doesn't really personally believe in. Mike knows he'll get  "__________"  (fill in the blank here) if he supports something he doesn't really personally believe in, like this, as I'm assuming.  And I don't think it's just a sum of money. Mike's after something that he must be salivating over more than actual money.

People who do that aren't worthy of a modicum of respect. Mike has shown he has zero scruples.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2020, 02:25:35 PM by CenturyDeprived » Logged
joe_blow
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2020, 04:21:47 PM »

Not for trophy hunting at all. But remember Trump's son is not he. The President, like him or not has done good things for animal cruelty, such as signing the Federal Animal Cruelty Bill and calling elephant hunting "a horror show".
The LEGENDARY OSD
Smiley Smile Associate

luHv Estrangement Syndrome. It's a great thing!

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2020, 04:30:45 PM »

what a smug piece of sh!t he is

Pirate High Five Rock! Love Happy Dance Bow Kiss w00t! w00t! Thumbs Up Hello laugh Old Man group hug

myKe luHv, the most hated, embarrassing clown the world of music has ever witnessed.
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx