gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
655266 Posts in 26178 Topics by 3725 Members - Latest Member: suitable_rasberry February 18, 2020, 10:17:58 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
SonoraDick, bigbangbabyalex and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.       « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 [20] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Please sign petition for Beach Boys to withdraw from performing on 2/5/20  (Read 9599 times)
marcella27
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #475 on: February 11, 2020, 10:44:17 AM »

So I contacted Ticketmaster about the tickets for the Mike and Bruce show I have tickets for in April.  I explained that I wanted to contact the artist and/or the artist’s management about a refund as I am no longer comfortable supporting this artist.  They responded in true Ticketmaster style.  Despite me explicitly saying that I was not seeking a refund from Ticketmaster, they said “After further review, we determined a refund is not available for your order. Unfortunately, we have no contact information for the artists or their management”.  I wrote back saying that I found it hard to believe that they had no contact information for the artist or their management because, you know, how else do they work with the artist?  How dumb do they think we are?!  Anyway, they wrote back again saying that they “do not provide that information due to being private internal information”.  So helpful.  

Does anyone have any suggestions as to where I can reach M&B’s management?  I can’t seem to find anything that looks right.  I’d like to write a letter/email politely stating why I am no longer comfortable attending this concert.  I sincerely doubt it will matter, but at least I’ll have said my piece.  

MyDrKnowsItKeepsMeCalm
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #476 on: February 11, 2020, 10:55:21 AM »

A quick google search brought these links up:

https://bookingagentinfo.com/celebrity/the-beach-boys/

https://mikelove.com/contact/

I know emotions have been running high the past couple weeks, so I'd just encourage everyone sending messages to be polite and respectful. I'd imagine disappointed, well-reasoned BB fan letters will make waves more than angry ranting will. (Not directed at anyone in particular, just thinking out loud.)

super sally
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #477 on: February 11, 2020, 03:38:38 PM »

A quick google search brought these links up:

https://bookingagentinfo.com/celebrity/the-beach-boys/

https://mikelove.com/contact/

I know emotions have been running high the past couple weeks, so I'd just encourage everyone sending messages to be polite and respectful. I'd imagine disappointed, well-reasoned BB fan letters will make waves more than angry ranting will. (Not directed at anyone in particular, just thinking out loud.)

Wonder if some venues will get some complaints. Maybe at the New Orleans Jazz fest?

guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

"Barba non facit aliam historici"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #478 on: February 11, 2020, 07:14:08 PM »

This debacle of playing that gig made international news and was picked up by even the network news divisions and late night comedy shows...Easily the worst PR this band has received since the end of C50 in 2012. It wouldn't be unexpected if some of it rubs off regarding bookings and demand.

"All of us have the privilege of making music that helps and heals - to make music that makes people happier, stronger, and kinder. Don't forget: Music is God's voice." - Brian Wilson
MyDrKnowsItKeepsMeCalm
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #479 on: February 12, 2020, 10:56:08 AM »

This debacle of playing that gig made international news and was picked up by even the network news divisions and late night comedy shows...Easily the worst PR this band has received since the end of C50 in 2012. It wouldn't be unexpected if some of it rubs off regarding bookings and demand.

Sadly, I think Mike's calculation was that the controversy will blow over and ultimately make no difference. And sadly, I think that is probably correct. Sad

All Summer Long
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #480 on: February 12, 2020, 02:00:39 PM »

Isn't it probably one of the few news stories the band has had since C50 sadly?

- archival dumps
- Pet Sounds 50
- SMiLE 50
 - competing B&A and M&B Christmas tours
- Dennis/Queen/Hawkins "Holy Man" (if that counts?)
- SiriusXM channel and reunion
- this
CenturyDeprived
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #481 on: February 13, 2020, 11:26:10 PM »

The latest and greatest - to follow up on his stellar pro-killing-animals-for-fun event last week, Mike once again is hijacking the brand name for even more political BS - with "The BBs" appearing on Mike Huckabee's show not once but twice this coming weekend.

Fan-f*cking-tastic to keep pushing awful politics into where it has no business being. Especially in such polarizing times. 

**** This does not help the brand name. This does not help the brand name. ****

These are very, very different times than the 1980s when the band was hobnobbing with the Reagans. Hell, I just read an article in 1992 where Mike parted company with Bush Sr. and was supporting some TM 3rd party candidate because of a pro environmentalist stance. It's not like the band in the past came across as some 100% conservative, heavily political entity.

To follow up the pro-hunting, Trump Jr.-approved event with this really makes an extra political statement.

You'll now notice that virtually every Facebook person who likes and comments positively on Mike's posts is a MAGA hat-wearing Trumper. And… Anybody who isn't a "yes man" is deleted. Gross.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2020, 09:07:49 AM by CenturyDeprived » Logged
Gettin Hungry
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #482 on: February 14, 2020, 08:23:26 AM »

You'll now notice that virtually every Facebook person who likes and comments positively on Mike's posts is a MAGA hat-wearing Trumper. And… Anybody who isn't a "yes man" is deleted. Gross.

Yeah, I belonged to a group that started doing that, and then they just closed all comments to every post. What's the point of belonging to a Facebook group where you can't even comment on any posts? I left.
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

"Barba non facit aliam historici"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #483 on: February 14, 2020, 09:07:03 AM »

Yeah, I belonged to a group that started doing that, and then they just closed all comments to every post. What's the point of belonging to a Facebook group where you can't even comment on any posts? I left.

That type of overly censored moderation is close to what this community could have turned into had certain factions and their recommendations for changing this place had gotten their way. They didn't, and it won't. Fans should have a say.

"All of us have the privilege of making music that helps and heals - to make music that makes people happier, stronger, and kinder. Don't forget: Music is God's voice." - Brian Wilson
CenturyDeprived
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #484 on: February 14, 2020, 09:10:20 AM »

Mike:

I'm gettin' hungry... hungry for my kind of comments

I'm gettin' hungry... hungry for yes men and blind followers

I'm gettin' hungry... searching for the delete button
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #485 on: February 14, 2020, 09:32:38 AM »

Mike really is busy these days...

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
BBs Footage Saga
Smiley Smile Associate

FOOTAGE!!!

View Profile
« Reply #486 on: Yesterday at 04:44:50 AM »

The proof that shows that Mike Love is an Hypocrite:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z4_kEbup-rw
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 [20] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx