gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680601 Posts in 27601 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 29, 2024, 09:15:42 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: First BB song heard  (Read 4845 times)
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: January 27, 2020, 12:03:33 PM »

Hard to say. Born in the 80s so some things like Fun Fun Fun were 'around'

This is the first one I seriously remember picking up on: this scene in Look Who's Talking :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65BV5dXXxzM

I latched onto Brian's voice immediately but it would take years before I knew what group it was and who was singing

Same here with Look Who’s Talking!

Technically Police Academy 4 but I don’t remember Let’s go to heaven in our car being in there at all

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

I drink expired tea. wanna sip or spit?

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 28, 2020, 07:28:39 PM »

Pet Sounds in sequence, gotta be WIBN. Not bad. 3D

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Who is Lucille Ball & Vivian Vance Duet Fan Club CEO? Btw, such Club exists?

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
JK
Smiley Smile Associate

Maybe I put too much faith in atmosphere

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 30, 2020, 01:37:31 PM »

I first heard "Surfin' USA" in 1963. Jan & Dean's "Surf City" followed soon after.

Same here--"SUSA" on UK pirate radio and "SC" on a French station.

Like most folks no doubt, I had no idea at the time that there was a connection! Grin

"Ik bun moar een eenvoudige boerenlul en doar schoam ik mien niet veur" (Normaal, 1978)
You're Grass and I'm a Power Mower: A Beach Boys Orchestration Web Series
the Carbon Freeze | Eclectic Essays & Art
clack
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 30, 2020, 02:24:10 PM »

Fun Fun Fun, spring '64, transistor radio.
37!ws
Smiley Smile Associate

All baggudo at my man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: January 31, 2020, 07:32:33 AM »

Heh. I'm only answering because you asked. Smiley

The first Beach Boys song I ever heard was "I Get Around." I was maybe three years old. My next-door neighbor was babysitting me. She said, "I wanna listen to some music." She pulled an album out of her collection, and it had the orange Capitol label with the gold text on the bottom. Being only three years old, I didn't know that different albums can have the same label design, so I thought, "Oh, it's that Glen Campbell album that Dad plays all the time." (That'd be I Remember Hank Williams, by the way.)

But instead of hearing Glen's voice singing "I Could Never Be Ashamed of You," I heard a nasally voice: "Round round giiiiiiiit around...."

And I hated it. HATED it. TO THIS DAY I hate "I Get Around." (It's been said that every Beach Boys fan hates one song that everybody else loves. For me it's "I Get Around.")

I'm guessing, given the time, that it was Endless Summer that my neighbor put on the turntable.

Check out my podcasts: Tune X Podcast (tunex.fab4it.com) and Autobiography of a Schnook (SchnookPodcast.com); there are worse things you can do!
Magic Transistor Radio
Smiley Smile Associate

Bill Cooper Mystery Babylon

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: January 31, 2020, 11:17:26 AM »

I first heard the Beach Boys on my dad's cd of Endless Summer in 1991. So..... Surfin Safari

"Over the years, I've been accused of not supporting our new music from this era (67-73) and just wanting to play our hits. That's complete b.s......I was also, as the front man, the one promoting these songs onstage and have the scars to show for it."
Mike Love autobiography (pg 242-243)
BBs Footage Saga
Smiley Smile Associate

FOOTAGE!!!

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 06, 2020, 03:02:53 AM »

Good Vibrations , with a dvd of the Beach Boys based in the collection spanish compilation.

It was the video of Dutch Tv 69.
gfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx