gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680597 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 02:48:59 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Classic Or Modern Beach Boys?  (Read 6836 times)
UEF
Smiley Smile Associate

Sheriff John-ston

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 14, 2020, 11:20:49 AM »

When you have to take your cap off for the anthem...

RubberSoul13
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 14, 2020, 08:32:33 PM »

What's up with the snarly look on Bruce's face? Looks like he just came up from underground to represent the Lollipop Guild...
Lonely Summer
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 14, 2020, 11:37:45 PM »

Amazing to me how much hair Al still has. In a lot of pics from the 70's and early 80's, he appears to be going bald. I suppose it's possible he had a transplant... but if so, why didn't Mike ever pursue that option, since it apparently is such a sensitive issue with him?
I guess that's why Bruce now wears the baseball cap on stage - in solidarity with Mike.
Marty Castillo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 15, 2020, 01:23:34 PM »

I think part of the fun of being a fan of the Beach Boys is every era is unique and somewhat cringy. My first recollection of the Beach Boys on TV was from the Walt Disney World special on July 4, 1988 (the Kokomo footage comes from that filming), so I have a soft spot for the 1980s era.
RubberSoul13
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 15, 2020, 02:01:35 PM »

Amazing to me how much hair Al still has. In a lot of pics from the 70's and early 80's, he appears to be going bald. I suppose it's possible he had a transplant... but if so, why didn't Mike ever pursue that option, since it apparently is such a sensitive issue with him?
I guess that's why Bruce now wears the baseball cap on stage - in solidarity with Mike.

Behind that horizon line of hair straight across his head, Bruce has no hair behind it! See my link from the first page...he's also stopped dying it since then.
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: January 15, 2020, 07:57:45 PM »

I think it’s either a transplant or (more likely ) a combover

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
Lonely Summer
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 15, 2020, 11:48:15 PM »

Behind that horizon line of hair straight across his head, Bruce has no hair behind it! See my link from the first page...he's also stopped dying it since then.
Okay, I guess that makes him the Micky Dolenz of the group. People kept telling me Micky was bald, but he appeared to have a full head of hair from the front. Maybe he was using hair-in-a-can, too - from Ronco!
beachcat
Smiley Smile Associate

Gen X'er "Living in the Past"

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 19, 2020, 09:13:53 PM »

Which do you prefer? For me, it's classic all the way

Brian and Carl must have both liked this yellow shirt...I wonder how often they wore each other's clothes  Cheesy

"Star bright, star light,
Make this wish come true tonight..."
GoogaMooga
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 20, 2020, 12:21:59 AM »

Prague '68, Mike in a djelllaba, banging on a tambourine.  All-time classic look.
c-man
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: January 20, 2020, 07:20:27 AM »

Brian and Carl must have both liked this yellow shirt...I wonder how often they wore each other's clothes  Cheesy

Brian's yellow shirt would've been too big for Carl in that first shot (from '76). Two years later, though, it made a nice hand-me-down. Too much Heineken? Smiley
« Last Edit: January 20, 2020, 07:21:01 AM by c-man » Logged
CenturyDeprived
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 20, 2020, 09:02:13 AM »

Brian's yellow shirt would've been too big for Carl in that first shot (from '76). Two years later, though, it made a nice hand-me-down. Too much Heineken? Smiley

This is fascinating. We could probably do a thread of hand-me-down clothes that the band wore/share over the years. Including David Marks in his comically too-large jacket borrowed from someone else (Al?) at that earliest ever live pic from 1962.

I imagine that, being brothers and growing up in a family without lots of expendable income, that the Wilsons probably wore lots of hand-me-down clothes, pre-BBs, so it was likely something they were very familiar with already.
marcella27
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 20, 2020, 10:40:43 AM »

Brian and Carl must have both liked this yellow shirt...I wonder how often they wore each other's clothes  Cheesy

Let's talk about the shirt Al is wearing in that 78 pic...a Beach Boys shirt with a wide 70s collar (in a different colour than the rest of the shirt) and a pocket on the sleeve?  Amazing! 
beachcat
Smiley Smile Associate

Gen X'er "Living in the Past"

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 20, 2020, 07:38:54 PM »

This is fascinating. We could probably do a thread of hand-me-down clothes that the band wore/share over the years.

That would be a fun little research project!

I imagine that, being brothers and growing up in a family without lots of expendable income, that the Wilsons probably wore lots of hand-me-down clothes, pre-BBs, so it was likely something they were very familiar with already.

I agree. Plus, I often got hand-me-downs from my cousins as well, so maybe Mike was part of the sharing too Grin

"Star bright, star light,
Make this wish come true tonight..."
gfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx