gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680598 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 06:34:45 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: If anyone wants some vintage BB roadcases ...  (Read 1876 times)
DonnyL
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« on: January 08, 2020, 12:39:53 PM »

... here's your chance to buy:

https://reverb.com/shop/techno-empire?query=Brian%20Wilson

guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

"Barba non facit aliam historici"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2020, 07:08:08 PM »

Wow, that gear sold fast! Only a Kustom amp left the way it looks...

"All of us have the privilege of making music that helps and heals - to make music that makes people happier, stronger, and kinder. Don't forget: Music is God's voice." - Brian Wilson
DonnyL
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2020, 07:18:25 PM »

Oops ... yeh there were some of those big old ‘70s cases with the Brother Records logo for $500.

guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

"Barba non facit aliam historici"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2020, 11:47:18 AM »

If you go to the link and click on "sold listings" or whatever in the left hand column, you'll be able to see all the items that were listed from this group. Actually 250 for a Line 6 rackmount Pod Pro isn't that bad of a price even if it were not part of the "Brian Wilson" sale! Wonder if they're selling off some gear they retired from the tours, or backup rigs from those tours, because Al's Fender amps were sold in this lot too. And 3+ years ago I saw those road cases with the Brother logo and "In Concert" stencil in use during the BW tours. Maybe they retired all this gear and got new stuff?

"All of us have the privilege of making music that helps and heals - to make music that makes people happier, stronger, and kinder. Don't forget: Music is God's voice." - Brian Wilson
SBonilla
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2020, 04:11:30 PM »

Oops ... yeh there were some of those big old ‘70s cases with the Brother Records logo for $500.

The Beach Boys had a company called American Productions that handled their touring and rehearsal equipment, among other things. They were on Lincoln Blvd, somewhere near the Santa Monica/Venice border. I went there in 1979 and purchased a Kustom PA that the band had used - don't know if it was for rehearsal or very small venue gigs - plus mics, and cables. I didn't get a tour of the facility, but I did see lots of rolling Anvil cases with the Brother logo on them.
When I arrived, Dennis was crashed out on the love seat in the reception area.

PS - there were four pieces of masking tape under the mic inputs of the PA head. The names on the tape were, Mike, Al, Carl, Brian.
PPS - Nope. No longer have that equipment. Sad
UEF
Smiley Smile Associate

Sheriff John-ston

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2020, 07:36:28 AM »

Reading between the lines I wonder if this is some of Nick Walusko's old gear and associated cases.
DonnyL
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2020, 11:30:20 PM »

The Beach Boys had a company called American Productions that handled their touring and rehearsal equipment, among other things. They were on Lincoln Blvd, somewhere near the Santa Monica/Venice border. I went there in 1979 and purchased a Kustom PA that the band had used - don't know if it was for rehearsal or very small venue gigs - plus mics, and cables. I didn't get a tour of the facility, but I did see lots of rolling Anvil cases with the Brother logo on them.
When I arrived, Dennis was crashed out on the love seat in the reception area.

PS - there were four pieces of masking tape under the mic inputs of the PA head. The names on the tape were, Mike, Al, Carl, Brian.
PPS - Nope. No longer have that equipment. Sad

I love this story man ... thanks for sharing

gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx