gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680597 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 09:12:29 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Mike Love's Former Santa Barbara Compound Listed For Sale  (Read 4651 times)
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

"Barba non facit aliam historici"

View Profile WWW
« on: December 03, 2019, 02:27:37 PM »

https://www.latimes.com/business/real-estate/story/2019-12-02/former-mike-love-estate-in-santa-barbara-is-ready-for-its-next-beach-boy

Anyone have 14.95 million?

"All of us have the privilege of making music that helps and heals - to make music that makes people happier, stronger, and kinder. Don't forget: Music is God's voice." - Brian Wilson
Don Malcolm
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2019, 03:36:15 PM »

A superb spot tucked on the Mesa in Santa Barbara, with an absolutely stellar ocean/island view. Have strolled by it many times over the years--the closest thing to having a (not-so) "little pad" in Hawaii that's possible to find in an easy to reach, still relatively "in town" setting.
Matt H
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2019, 04:20:42 PM »

When did he own this property?
The LEGENDARY OSD
Smiley Smile Associate

luHv Estrangement Syndrome. It's a great thing!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2019, 07:09:41 PM »

Always trying to get one up on his incredibly famous cousin. Would love nothing more than to see this oversized (for two people) hacienda slide into the sea. While nice and all that, I'm so happy he wasted his money on something most cannot afford. Would more than like to see him take a big loss on this transaction. What a smack.

myKe luHv, the most hated, embarrassing clown the world of music has ever witnessed.
marcella27
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2019, 07:49:00 PM »

Well, you can't fault the guy for his taste in real estate.  That place is unreal.  The setting is spectacular and all of the "cottages" are gorgeous and actually tasteful.
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2019, 11:16:45 PM »

When did he own this property?

The Robert W Morgan Beach Boys special was about 1978 and Mike was referenced as being in SB then. He also talked about the view from his hot-tub over the ocean. I assume it’s the same place.
Aomdiddlywalla
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2019, 02:27:37 AM »

Always trying to get one up on his incredibly famous cousin. Would love nothing more than to see this oversized (for two people) hacienda slide into the sea. While nice and all that, I'm so happy he wasted his money on something most cannot afford. Would more than like to see him take a big loss on this transaction. What a smack.

'once owned'...  = Not now....
Emdeeh
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2019, 06:07:05 AM »

Apparently the current owners are offering the option to buy a part of the estate, as well:

https://www.modbee.com/news/california/article237964319.html

"The listing suggests three ownership options: 100 percent ownership of all structures; 43 percent ownership with exclusive rights to occupy four of the cottages, including Love Cottage; or 14 percent ownership with exclusive right to the 1,510-square-foot, two-bedroom, 3 bath Bliss Cottage."

Back in the '80s, I worked with someone whose husband rented one of those houses on the estate while attending college. Never got a chance to ask him about living there, tho.
CenturyDeprived
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2019, 10:02:09 AM »

Is this the compound where Mike was slathering himself with hot oil on Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous?
That video has sadly (?) been taken down from Youtube, so no way to reference it.

The new home owner might (or might not) want to bring a blacklight into the Love Cottage LOL
Sloop John D...NA
« Last Edit: December 04, 2019, 10:05:10 AM by CenturyDeprived » Logged
The LEGENDARY OSD
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2019, 10:21:15 AM »

Is this the compound where Mike was slathering himself with hot oil on Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous?
That video has sadly (?) been taken down from Youtube, so no way to reference it.

The new home owner might (or might not) want to bring a blacklight into the Love Cottage LOL
Sloop John D...NA
LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL

myKe luHv, the most hated, embarrassing clown the world of music has ever witnessed.
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2019, 03:34:35 PM »

Naaa. That was Hawaii.

https://youtu.be/rlJaGMLZjrg

Thumbs up to the poster. Great edit!

LOL
juggler
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2019, 04:25:33 PM »

Nice spread... credit where credit is due... Mike Love has good taste in real property.
Love Thang
Smiley Smile Associate

Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeen

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2019, 05:10:46 PM »

You’d have to pay Servpro triple to decontaminate that place from the slime and toxins that are the Lovester.
The LEGENDARY OSD
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2019, 08:58:53 PM »

Nice spread... credit where credit is due... Mike Love has good taste in real property.

"Credit where credit is due"Huh? Huh? Where do you expect him to live, in a third floor, one bedroom, 1 bath tenement or an apartment in the slums? It has nothing to do with taste because Mike love has the absolute worst taste in just about everything, especially music. He just happens to have the money (thanks to his ultra talented cousin) to be able to hang his lousy hat where he wants to. I'm sure we all have fairly good taste in property but are limited as to just what we can afford. Mike Love has enough "credit" that he had to sue to get with some deserved and some not deserved.

juggler
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2019, 11:59:49 PM »

Where do you expect him to live, in a third floor, one bedroom, 1 bath tenement or an apartment in the slums?

Yes, I expected him to live in an old, cold, rundown tenement slum.  Oh, wait, a minute.  Sorry.  I was thinking of the Supremes rather than the Beach Boys.
Rentatris
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2019, 03:23:35 AM »

Naaa. That was Hawaii.

LOL

JEEZ! The sound effects on the opening of that just did me in 😂 - that’s unreal and put me off my lunch

Pet Sounds, SMiLE, Love You, Adult/Child
Amy B.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 05, 2019, 06:32:33 AM »

That's a beautiful property. I'll just take one of the cottages overlooking the water.  Cheesy
marcella27
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 05, 2019, 07:02:37 PM »

Naaa. That was Hawaii.

LOL

OH MY GOD.  Why did anyone ever think that there was even one person in the world that wanted to watch Mike Love spread grease all over himself? 
The LEGENDARY OSD
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 05, 2019, 08:53:28 PM »

Naaa. That was Hawaii.

LOL

OH MY GOD.  Why did anyone ever think that there was even one person in the world that wanted to watch Mike Love spread grease all over himself? 
Goes to show what the perverted overblown ego of Mike Love will do. This and his conceited attempt at trying to convince the world that he's Brian Wilson's equal is just one thin slice of  the pathological wreck his mind has evolved into. 

Love Thang
Smiley Smile Associate

Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeen

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 07, 2019, 05:22:19 PM »

Naaa. That was Hawaii.

LOL

Goes to show what the perverted overblown ego of Mike Love will do. This and his conceited attempt at trying to convince the world that he's Brian Wilson's equal is just one thin slice of  the pathological wreck his mind has evolved into. 

He’s a sicko. “Rocking the man in the boat” should be the song he is remembered for.
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx