gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680555 Posts in 27596 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 19, 2024, 07:23:49 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: My SMiLE Mix!  (Read 2124 times)
ComeOnFeelTheSmile
Smiley Smile Newbie

View Profile
« on: December 04, 2019, 02:16:39 PM »

*this is a repost from the "Beach Boys Media" tab, since I noticed this one seems more active*

Hey everyone! I've been working for the past 6 months on my very own mix of SMiLE. It takes inspiration and uses some assets from most of the greats out there: the "SMiLE 4.0 AD" mix, soniclovenoize's "Reconstruction", Spoonito's "Pocket Symphony" mix, among many others that I'll make a comprehensive list of soon. Of course, I added my own spin in there occasionally, especially with "Heroes And Villains" which I kind of went crazy over. This is the first project I've ever really done, and it would mean the world to me to hear some of your feedback! I don't really know the first thing about promotion and whatnot, but I know this forum is the main place to post these mixes. I also intend on releasing an .mp4 of this album set to a very special film most of you may be familiar with very soon (thanks, random Redditor who gave me that idea). I love the cult following this album has among fan mixers and I'm real excited to join in.

SIDENOTE: I'd recommend putting the files in a streamer for gapless playback. I'm considering uploading it to YouTube but I don't want to risk having to pay $42,000 to Mr. FTC.

Dropbox .mp3 link (FLACs and .readme coming in a few days): https://www.dropbox.com/sh/tg9cb2y310qrygk/AAAbuCcpUR3e8YYDJPkJVfzsa?dl=0

Thanks for taking time out of your day to listen, happy holidays!
« Last Edit: December 04, 2019, 07:17:55 PM by My1stCRUSHWasCamDiaz » Logged
JK
Smiley Smile Associate

Maybe I put too much faith in atmosphere

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2019, 02:28:27 PM »

Sir, if you were to change your user name into something less offensive, others might take you more seriously.

"Ik bun moar een eenvoudige boerenlul en doar schoam ik mien niet veur" (Normaal, 1978)
You're Grass and I'm a Power Mower: A Beach Boys Orchestration Web Series
the Carbon Freeze | Eclectic Essays & Art
ComeOnFeelTheSmile
Smiley Smile Newbie

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2019, 03:48:12 PM »

bam.
The Old Master Painter
Smiley Smile Associate

There's no outdoing The Beatles

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2019, 01:30:15 PM »

bam.

I’ll listen to it! Welcome to the club! It’s very difficult to leave.
ComeOnFeelTheSmile
Smiley Smile Newbie

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2019, 05:43:51 PM »

Hey guys,
I've added the FLAC zip in the folder. The video should be done early January so look out for that!
Aomdiddlywalla
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2019, 01:27:20 AM »

Sir, if you were to change your user name into something less offensive, others might take you more seriously.

Better than the 'bo*er' one that's been sitting under ' recently joined' for a few days.
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx