gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680597 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 12:50:55 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Beach Boys songbooks?  (Read 4976 times)
DennysDrums83
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: November 20, 2019, 05:35:24 PM »

I know this may be a long shot, but have there ever been songbooks released for the So Tough and Holland albums?  I've found them for Sunflower, Surf's Up, and 15 Big Ones, but not the two that I really want.  Just wondering if they have ever been available.
UEF
Smiley Smile Associate

Sheriff John-ston

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2019, 05:07:51 AM »

Or one monster one that covers everything. There are some truly mental chords in some of the songs and even the more popular ones haven't been tabbed out that well.

Not helped by the fact that if you watch live videos of them playing then Carl and Al quite often didn't play what seemed to be on the record anyway
DennysDrums83
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2019, 11:04:38 AM »

Or one monster one that covers everything. There are some truly mental chords in some of the songs and even the more popular ones haven't been tabbed out that well.

Not helped by the fact that if you watch live videos of them playing then Carl and Al quite often didn't play what seemed to be on the record anyway

What would really be cool is to have the entire "In Concert" album tabbed out!
slothrop
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2019, 11:52:26 AM »

I know this may be a long shot, but have there ever been songbooks released for the So Tough and Holland albums?  I've found them for Sunflower, Surf's Up, and 15 Big Ones, but not the two that I really want.  Just wondering if they have ever been available.

I'm pretty sure I saw Holland once, along with Love You at a bookstore in Berkeley. Don't know why I didn't get either. Would love to own a Sunflower song book, didn't know one came out for it. I only have an old collection with Pet Sounds and some other songs from that period--pretty cool that the Sea of Tunes address on it is from my hometown though.
Lonely Summer
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2019, 11:34:45 PM »

I never do see many Beach Boys songbooks, just the same old greatest hits. Have to settle for tabs online.
DennysDrums83
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2019, 07:20:55 AM »

I never do see many Beach Boys songbooks, just the same old greatest hits. Have to settle for tabs online.

Right.  It's usually the same 10-15 songs.   I'd love to find tabs for the more obscure cuts like "Here She Comes", "We Got Love", "Hold On Dear Brother"...and even Dennis' "River Song".
Lonely Summer
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2019, 08:55:56 PM »

Right.  It's usually the same 10-15 songs.   I'd love to find tabs for the more obscure cuts like "Here She Comes", "We Got Love", "Hold On Dear Brother"...and even Dennis' "River Song".
Yes, plus the more mature Beach Boys songs of the early 70's are easier for me to sing - not so high!
UEF
Smiley Smile Associate

Sheriff John-ston

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2019, 06:44:27 AM »

Yes, plus the more mature Beach Boys songs of the early 70's are easier for me to sing - not so high!

Anything with a Mike or Dennis lead is my jam, ability-wise! Or perhaps Sail on Sailor... LOL:
Lonely Summer
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2019, 09:34:17 PM »

Anything with a Mike or Dennis lead is my jam, ability-wise! Or perhaps Sail on Sailor... LOL:
Yeah, those songs are easier to sing. And I seem to do okay with some of the songs Carl sang lead on - Only With You, Feel Flows, Trader...but there are so many of those split chords...like a C with an A bass, or a F with a C bass...I never learned those...so the rare times I have tried to play those songs on the piano, they're pretty bad.
It's hard living in an apartment, where you always have to worry about annoying the neighbors above, below, and on both sides of you.
c-man
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2019, 11:10:18 PM »

I bought piano sheet music for "River Song" online about a year ago.
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx