gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680740 Posts in 27613 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 18, 2024, 01:20:26 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 138 139 140 141 142 [143] 144 145 146 147 148 ... 171 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Feel Flows box set  (Read 844277 times)
buddhahat
Smiley Smile Associate

Hi, my name's Doug. Would you like to dance?

View Profile
« Reply #3550 on: June 10, 2021, 03:56:12 PM »

Thanks Mark Linett for all your hard work over the years. Still listen regularly to the Smile Sessions - love that set. Can’t wait for this one too.

Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes ......
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3551 on: June 10, 2021, 05:11:45 PM »

Importcds.com 5 Cd set for US $88.52 plus s/h

Hmm....appealing. Anyone used this seller before?

Many times. All legit and good.

Thanks. Would be importing anyway and even with the additional charges this still works out better than Amazons base price. 👍
CAFeelin89
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3552 on: June 10, 2021, 09:17:33 PM »

Importcds.com 5 Cd set for US $88.52 plus s/h

Hmm....appealing. Anyone used this seller before?

Many times. All legit and good.

Thanks. Would be importing anyway and even with the additional charges this still works out better than Amazons base price. 👍

Are the ones on ImportCDs US copies being sold out of the US? That may be a dumb question, but I'm not sure what's "imported" about them. I'm really sold on that price, though!
yrplace
Honored Guest

View Profile
« Reply #3553 on: June 10, 2021, 10:15:43 PM »

Thanks Mark Linett for all your hard work over the years. Still listen regularly to the Smile Sessions - love that set. Can’t wait for this one too.

You're most welcome........
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3554 on: June 11, 2021, 01:08:44 AM »

I'd like to second that message by buddhahat, Mark! Thanks for all the work you guys did. For the Beach Boys' legacy and the Beach Boys' fans it is a blessing that people like you, Alan Boyd, Howie Edelson etc. are working on these releases.

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
Dove Nested Towers
Smiley Smile Associate

Goodnight, Mrs. Calabash, wherever you are!

View Profile
« Reply #3555 on: June 11, 2021, 02:10:19 AM »

I'd like to second that message by buddhahat, Mark! Thanks for all the work you guys did. For the Beach Boys' legacy and the Beach Boys' fans it is a blessing that people like you, Alan Boyd, Howie Edelson etc. are working on these releases.

Thirded, with utmost enthusiasm and appreciation!
« Last Edit: June 11, 2021, 02:11:21 AM by Dove Nested Towers » Logged

"The police aren't there to create disorder,
they're there to preserve disorder!" -Mayor
Daly, Chicago 1968
UEF
Smiley Smile Associate

Sheriff John-ston

View Profile
« Reply #3556 on: June 11, 2021, 06:55:42 AM »

Now on Amazon U.K. for £79.68

https://smile.amazon.co.uk/dp/B095L2LGJS?tag=camelalerts-21&linkCode=ogi&th=1&psc=1&language=en_GB
Howie Edelson
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3557 on: June 11, 2021, 11:42:18 AM »

My pleasure guys. Cannot wait for you all to hear all this.
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3558 on: June 12, 2021, 01:27:29 AM »

The Beach Boys: 4LP Unboxing "Feel Flows" – The Sunflower & Surf's Up Sessions 1969-1971

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yS80zkzOVA4

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
mtaber
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3559 on: June 12, 2021, 04:11:35 AM »

Thanks Rocker, that is beautiful!!!!
Mooger Fooger
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3560 on: June 12, 2021, 05:30:50 AM »

The a capella version of Surf's Up.

Oh my lord.

https://www.qobuz.com and search for the Feel Flows set. Then scroll through the tracks and purchase the track. Only that and Big Sur are available for now.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2021, 05:49:40 AM by Mooger Fooger » Logged
as1972
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3561 on: June 12, 2021, 06:18:55 AM »

The a capella version of Surf's Up.

Oh my lord.

https://www.qobuz.com and search for the Feel Flows set. Then scroll through the tracks and purchase the track. Only that and Big Sur are available for now.

Yeah it's been up for a couple days. I bought it on Wednesday. Odd that it hasn't been officially mentioned or added to streaming yet. But hey, I'm not complaining. The cleanest Child coda yet more than satisfies me.

Trying to figure out which of my organs I could sell for outtakes and live.
pdas1996
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3562 on: June 12, 2021, 08:48:31 AM »

The price for the 5CD set on Amazon US dropped to $105.99
« Last Edit: June 12, 2021, 08:52:51 AM by pdas1996 » Logged
bsten
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3563 on: June 13, 2021, 02:47:31 AM »

I'd love to be able to download the mp3's PLUS order the book (physical or digital). But unfortunately not possible. Never play cd's or vinyl, always transfer to mp3. Don't get me wrong, been a fan and bought vinyl ever since 1965, but times have changed...

I've seen there's Hi-Res mp3 available. Any information on that? The quality compared to cd/vinyl?
« Last Edit: June 13, 2021, 02:59:16 AM by bsten » Logged
as1972
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3564 on: June 13, 2021, 04:53:19 AM »

I'd love to be able to download the mp3's PLUS order the book (physical or digital). But unfortunately not possible. Never play cd's or vinyl, always transfer to mp3. Don't get me wrong, been a fan and bought vinyl ever since 1965, but times have changed...

I've seen there's Hi-Res mp3 available. Any information on that? The quality compared to cd/vinyl?

Qobuz lists a FLAC download for around £55, which is lossless format, higher quality than mp3. However you can rip FLAC files from the CD anyway with a computer.

Trying to figure out which of my organs I could sell for outtakes and live.
Jules
Smiley Smile Newbie

View Profile
« Reply #3565 on: June 13, 2021, 06:13:03 AM »

Purchased on 7 June my 5cd version from Amazon Italy for 68.85 Euros including tax (8% Swiss VAT) and includes delivery to Switzerland.

If I order today from Amazon IT, it is now 80.86 Euros.

It is a little strange how the prices can vary so much from Amazon site to Amazon Site. In my experience sometimes Amazon IT is cheaper and sometimes Amazon De. if you buy a French artist, Amazon FR is often the cheapest.

Amazon UK has since Brexit become much more expensive than Amazon DE but even then there are exceptions.

PS: My first post to this Board although I have lurked for years. Been a Beach Boy fan since 1973 when I was still at school in the UK - the second LP I bought was Holland (first LP John Lennon's Imagine).
« Last Edit: June 13, 2021, 06:25:31 AM by Jules » Logged
Mr. Tiger
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3566 on: June 15, 2021, 07:42:33 AM »

Qobuz lists a FLAC download for around £55, which is lossless format, higher quality than mp3. However you can rip FLAC files from the CD anyway with a computer.

24 bit 88.2 khz files are being offered, which is actually better quality than cd.
UEF
Smiley Smile Associate

Sheriff John-ston

View Profile
« Reply #3567 on: June 18, 2021, 02:06:24 AM »

Purchased on 7 June my 5cd version from Amazon Italy for 68.85 Euros including tax (8% Swiss VAT) and includes delivery to Switzerland.

If I order today from Amazon IT, it is now 80.86 Euros.

It is a little strange how the prices can vary so much from Amazon site to Amazon Site. In my experience sometimes Amazon IT is cheaper and sometimes Amazon De. if you buy a French artist, Amazon FR is often the cheapest.

Amazon UK has since Brexit become much more expensive than Amazon DE but even then there are exceptions.

PS: My first post to this Board although I have lurked for years. Been a Beach Boy fan since 1973 when I was still at school in the UK - the second LP I bought was Holland (first LP John Lennon's Imagine).

It's gone from £79 to £86 on Amazon UK too. A constant £90 on HMV though. Glad I got in early Smiley
SonoraDick
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3568 on: June 20, 2021, 03:38:50 PM »

Are the ones on ImportCDs US copies being sold out of the US? That may be a dumb question, but I'm not sure what's "imported" about them. I'm really sold on that price, though!

Yes, I think they're based in Kentucky.

Acting on a tip from a coupon site, I signed up for importcds' newsletter. Although there was no mention of this on their site, the email from importcds confirming the newsletter contained a 10% discount code good for 14 days. I successfully applied this to my order, bring the final cost for the   
5 cd set to just under $90... a full $25 less than Amazon. Shipping will be slower, as they say 5-10 days for the "standard" shipping I chose; you could upgrade to "expedited" for a few dollars more (I think about $5 as I recall) and still beat Bezos out of quite a few bucks.
CAFeelin89
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3569 on: June 20, 2021, 08:30:50 PM »

Yes, I think they're based in Kentucky.

Acting on a tip from a coupon site, I signed up for importcds' newsletter. Although there was no mention of this on their site, the email from importcds confirming the newsletter contained a 10% discount code good for 14 days. I successfully applied this to my order, bring the final cost for the   
5 cd set to just under $90... a full $25 less than Amazon. Shipping will be slower, as they say 5-10 days for the "standard" shipping I chose; you could upgrade to "expedited" for a few dollars more (I think about $5 as I recall) and still beat Bezos out of quite a few bucks.

Excellent information, thank you!
twentytwenty
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3570 on: June 21, 2021, 05:20:52 AM »

I really hoped for a remix mostly of the awful boomy bd on this whole world. Really glad the set is finally coming though!
TheLukeDiamond
Smiley Smile Newbie

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3571 on: June 24, 2021, 01:12:35 AM »

Just bought the 5 CD box set on ImportCDs, that website is just amazing! Completely legit from what I can tell, and if you sign up for their email newsletter, you get a 10% off coupon. My order ended up being 88 USD, shipping and all! I'm so excited.

Does anyone know if there'll be a release of the Sunflower and Surf's Up LPs individually? I was considering buying the LP set just for the reissued albums, but I don't have that kind of money!
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3572 on: June 24, 2021, 01:22:25 AM »

FWIW, this was posted on the Beach Boys' Facebook profile:

Got a groovy little motor car… 🚗
Can you guess which track off of #FeelFlows is coming out this Friday?
Pre-order #FeelFlows here: https://TheBeachBoys.lnk.to/FeelFlows

- Jack Rieley
sloopjohnb72
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3573 on: June 24, 2021, 03:52:26 PM »

FWIW, this was posted on the Beach Boys' Facebook profile:

Got a groovy little motor car… 🚗
Can you guess which track off of #FeelFlows is coming out this Friday?
Pre-order #FeelFlows here: https://TheBeachBoys.lnk.to/FeelFlows

Yep, the July '76 Anaheim performance of Susie Cincinnati has been out in countries where it's Friday.
Pablo.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3574 on: June 24, 2021, 08:10:52 PM »

Listening to Susie... er... is this a pattern? ie. The preview tracks coming from the least talented songwriters of the group (and definitely the least associated with the creative bonanza that the Sunflower/Surf's Up era represent)... what's next... a Bruce song?
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 138 139 140 141 142 [143] 144 145 146 147 148 ... 171 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx