gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680597 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 09:57:28 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 118 119 120 121 122 [123] 124 125 126 127 128 ... 171 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Feel Flows box set  (Read 841489 times)
pixletwin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3050 on: March 15, 2021, 04:47:34 PM »

I ordered it. They won't charge me till it ships, and if it turns out to be the Bucks Fizz Box set, I'll just cancel it. Best case scenario, I get Feel Flows on release day for the price-locked price.

Is there a link to this mystery Amazon box set?

nvm, I found it. Looks like Amazon pulled it for sale in Japan, UK and Australia, and it's completely memory-holed in the US site. But it is both a 5CD box and 2CD set coming from Universal Music Group in June, so... [fingers crossed]

Care to post a link? I can't find it.
scottythered
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3051 on: March 15, 2021, 08:58:50 PM »

nvm, I found it. Looks like Amazon pulled it for sale in Japan, UK and Australia, and it's completely memory-holed in the US site. But it is both a 5CD box and 2CD set coming from Universal Music Group in June, so... [fingers crossed]

Certainly, here's the Amazon Japan versions:

5-disc: https://www.amazon.co.jp/TBC/dp/B08TZK8TTR
EAN : 0602435443126
ASIN : B08TZK8TTR

2-disc: https://www.amazon.co.jp/TBC/dp/B08VCL54XX
EAN : 0602435444871
ASIN : B08VCL54XX

There's very little info on their International Article Numbers/UPCs, but searching the EANs at https://gepir.gs1.org/index.php/search-by-gtin confirms it's a Universal Music Group release. By no means any kind of proof, but I suppose anything's possible until we learn more.
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #3052 on: March 15, 2021, 10:58:01 PM »

Just give us a preorder already!!!!

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
Greg Parry
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3053 on: March 16, 2021, 12:34:36 AM »

I ordered it. They won't charge me till it ships, and if it turns out to be the Bucks Fizz Box set, I'll just cancel it. Best case scenario, I get Feel Flows on release day for the price-locked price.

UK site is

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B08TZK8TTR/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Freddie French-Pounce
Smiley Smile Associate

A.K.A. mrmoustachioto

View Profile
« Reply #3054 on: March 17, 2021, 12:57:16 AM »

UK site is

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B08TZK8TTR/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
£80 seems potentially steep, but I put in a preorder for that Amazon price guarantee. I can always cancel anyway.

Check out the Mono/Stereo Mix Breakdown podcast Mixology here: https://mixology.podbean.com/
Joel Goldenberg
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3055 on: March 17, 2021, 11:46:51 AM »

Hope I can write an article update soon.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2021, 11:49:48 AM by Joel Goldenberg » Logged
pixletwin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3056 on: March 17, 2021, 01:32:14 PM »

UK site is

Certainly, here's the Amazon Japan versions:

5-disc: https://www.amazon.co.jp/TBC/dp/B08TZK8TTR
EAN : 0602435443126
ASIN : B08TZK8TTR

2-disc: https://www.amazon.co.jp/TBC/dp/B08VCL54XX
EAN : 0602435444871
ASIN : B08VCL54XX

There's very little info on their International Article Numbers/UPCs, but searching the EANs at https://gepir.gs1.org/index.php/search-by-gtin confirms it's a Universal Music Group release. By no means any kind of proof, but I suppose anything's possible until we learn more.

Thank you. I preordered it from A.UK *fingers crossed*
scottythered
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3057 on: March 18, 2021, 09:47:35 AM »

Do you live in the UK? I live in the US and preorder keeps telling me that they won't ship to my US address.
Emdeeh
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3058 on: March 18, 2021, 10:34:42 AM »

What's the advantage in pre-ordering this way, before the set is officially announced?

I live in the US, so the option isn't available to me, but I'm wondering why the rush.
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3059 on: March 18, 2021, 11:19:10 AM »

How are you guys even pre-ordering. It just says "currently unavailable" for me

BeachBoysCovers
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3060 on: March 18, 2021, 03:11:16 PM »

What's the advantage in pre-ordering this way, before the set is officially announced?

Literally none.

Freddie French-Pounce
Smiley Smile Associate

A.K.A. mrmoustachioto

View Profile
« Reply #3061 on: March 18, 2021, 03:19:40 PM »

I live in the US, so the option isn't available to me, but I'm wondering why the rush.
Amazon’s preorder price guarantee means you’ll only get charged the lowest price it’s listed at before they ship it to you. Should there be a freak drop (and believe me, it’s happened), you don’t want to have missed that. Also, if I change my mind, they won’t charge until it ships, so I can cancel quite happily. So if it’s going to cost me roughly the same as my local shop, I’ll order it local.

Check out the Mono/Stereo Mix Breakdown podcast Mixology here: https://mixology.podbean.com/
scottythered
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3062 on: March 18, 2021, 04:05:43 PM »

How are you guys even pre-ordering. It just says "currently unavailable" for me

The ability to preorder on the UK and Japanese sites is dependent on the geolocational data of your IP address -- I was able to get a preorder button on Amazon UK by accessing via a VPN. But then Amazon also won't let you preorder unless your delivery address matches that country. So if you live somewhere else, you're S.O.L. until its officially announced.
Emdeeh
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3063 on: March 18, 2021, 05:11:11 PM »

Amazon’s preorder price guarantee means you’ll only get charged the lowest price it’s listed at before they ship it to you. Should there be a freak drop (and believe me, it’s happened), you don’t want to have missed that.

Isn't that the way regular pre-ordering works once the product has officially been announced? At least that's how it's worked for me -- lowest price from the point at which you pre-order.
pixletwin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3064 on: March 18, 2021, 06:38:07 PM »

Do you live in the UK? I live in the US and preorder keeps telling me that they won't ship to my US address.

I am in the US but I am fortunate to have a contact over there who regularly receives for me (usually Doctor Who related stuff) and forwards them to me.
Freddie French-Pounce
Smiley Smile Associate

A.K.A. mrmoustachioto

View Profile
« Reply #3065 on: March 19, 2021, 02:18:09 PM »

Amazon’s preorder price guarantee means you’ll only get charged the lowest price it’s listed at before they ship it to you. Should there be a freak drop (and believe me, it’s happened), you don’t want to have missed that.

Isn't that the way regular pre-ordering works once the product has officially been announced? At least that's how it's worked for me -- lowest price from the point at which you pre-order.

Oh, of course, but Amazon is the place that has the whackiest price fluctuations going.

Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3066 on: March 23, 2021, 11:51:32 AM »

Need my feel flows box set

thetojo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3067 on: March 23, 2021, 07:54:50 PM »

Need my feel flows box set

Maybe spending some time with your Smile Sessions or Made in California box sets will tide you over until you can get your fix (or even your Capitol Years or 30 Years of Good Vibrations box sets might help).

I'm just guessing we've got say, 11 or 12 weeks to go.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2021, 07:58:23 PM by thetojo » Logged
Sam_BFC
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3068 on: March 24, 2021, 08:42:50 AM »

July 22 according to Mr Desper (source Endless Harmony board)

"..be cautious, don't get your hopes up, look over your shoulder because heartbreak and darkness are always ready to pounce"

petsoundsnola
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3069 on: March 24, 2021, 11:36:26 AM »

Good to have a date. The wait continues

thetojo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3070 on: March 24, 2021, 01:12:39 PM »

July 22 according to Mr Desper (source Endless Harmony board)

Well that's a little disappointing - but I'm certain it will be well worth the wait.

Great also that Desper is in the loop, which might indicate he's had substantial involvement.
Freddie French-Pounce
Smiley Smile Associate

A.K.A. mrmoustachioto

View Profile
« Reply #3071 on: March 24, 2021, 02:37:43 PM »

Given that’s not a Friday, it won’t  be coming out that day.

quad73
Smiley Smile Newbie

View Profile
« Reply #3072 on: March 25, 2021, 08:35:07 AM »

From Stephen Desper

"Modern use of a multi-track is just to use it for stacking tracks. I did not use the multi-track stage like most. For me it was just a means to an end -- the Master Mix 2-channel Stereo Mix. Therefore my multi-tracks cannot be used for re-mixing because about 30% of the Stereo Mix is via re-amping and cannot be duplicated, the Multi-track is full of cuts and some of the oxide is wiped. In some parts multiple lead tracks were used and only Carl knows which tracks are "on" at which time or what to use and what to discard. Further, other tracks were distend to be processed through any of several matrix topologies, no longer available.

The best hearing of Sunflower and Surf's Up are from my book Recording The Beach Boys in which these albums are resolved through the final matrix and the source is from the original Mastering Sessions under Carl Wilson and my direction.  All other masterings and/or so-called re-mix attempts would not reflect the tonal and mastering directions of The Beach Boys -- thus would not be "produced by The Beach Boys," but someone else who was probably not even alive at the time these albums were recorded.    

My Book will be posted as a study-video in about three or four weeks at this message board. If you connect your computer to a good 2-channel stereo sound system, you will hear a virtual surround mix as it was originally intended to be heard by the producers. I.E., the sound will be unlike anything you have heard before. 

The release date for Feel Flows box set is July 22, 2021"
37!ws
Smiley Smile Associate

All baggudo at my man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3073 on: March 25, 2021, 10:15:38 AM »

The release date for Feel Flows box set is July 22, 2021"

Maybe he means 2022. July 22, 2022 indeed is a Friday.

Check out my podcasts: Tune X Podcast (tunex.fab4it.com) and Autobiography of a Schnook (SchnookPodcast.com); there are worse things you can do!
thetojo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3074 on: March 25, 2021, 04:51:21 PM »

Just pointing out that this thread will be 500 days old next week. What a journey it's been!
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 118 119 120 121 122 [123] 124 125 126 127 128 ... 171 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx