gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680597 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 03:30:13 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 104 105 106 107 108 [109] 110 111 112 113 114 ... 171 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Feel Flows box set  (Read 841629 times)
CenturyDeprived
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2700 on: December 08, 2020, 02:47:06 PM »

Hey HeyJude,

Didn't someone in this thread say the main thing holding up "Feel Flows" is an issue with credits?  Or did I dream that?

Now if that's the case, then the credit situation has to worked out.  Or... the song, or songs, in question have to be excised from the set.

That brings us to speculation on why the credit situation is so hard to resolve.  I mean, are Mike or any other of the Beach Boys going to make more than a negligible amount by getting their names on some obscure track that is going to appear on this vanity/historical release?  Probably not.  So that should be easy to resolve.

However, if someone wants their credit changed on one or more of the main songs on the two albums, then perhaps they're asking for reimbursement of monies lost over the years?  Isn't that what Mike did before?  He sued and got Brian to pay him for royalties he was not paid over the years?

Am I getting close?

Love and merci,
Dan Lega

Nah, credits are not an issue. There's no dispute over songwriting or any other credits.

I don't think anybody has actually asserted that credits are an issue. I think someone at some point speculated if that might be the case. Either way, credits aren't at issue.

While it's understandable up to a point to find this concept confusing, it's important to remember that the compilation, mixing, mastering, artwork prep, etc. for this set were all run through the appropriate parties. Essentially, this set *was* given a green light at every step up until the finished product was ready for a release date to be set and manufacturing to begin. Knowing this might help folks to understand the things that would be very unlikely to be an issue. Things like track listing concerns, songwriting credits, liner notes disputes, all of that stuff would have been raised as an issue most likely prior to the set literally being ready to be sent to the printers/manufacturing plant. Obviously, anybody could dispute anything at any time, including disputing something they previously signed off on. But I don't believe that's the case with "Feel Flows."

A situation came into being, virtually unrelated to anything to do with the set, and it was and seemingly still is being used to decide to delay releasing the set. As I've previously said, this situation is a legit situation that would require appropriate attention, care, etc. I'm not even characterizing whether said situation is a good or a bad thing. It's just a thing/issue/occurrence, whatever you want to call it. That this situation is given serious attention is not unwarranted. What seems to have confused/stunned/frustrated folks is that *that* situation is being used as a reason to delay releasing "Feel Flows" when most people I think would see no reason that the set couldn't be released as per normal.

It has been announced that Bob Dylan has agreed to sell all his copyright to Universal Music.

If one looks back many pages back to the description of the decision before the Beach Boys which may have precipitated the original excuse to delay the FF box set, one might well come to the conclusion that a similar offer is/was on the table for the Beach Boys/BRI.

Interesting idea, but I don’t think the band/members doesn’t own the rights to its most profitable publishing material - the Capitol era stuff. Murry sold all of that right? I doubt the band had a big offer for that.

Yep.

And as soon as I heard about Bob Dylan's catalog being worth 300 million bucks, I instantly thought about what members of the Beach Boys must have thought of that, when imagining how much their catalog would've been worth had Murry not sold them out.
thetojo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2701 on: December 08, 2020, 03:30:46 PM »

The Brother years onwards is still a valuable commodity - not like 1961-1968-9, but surely more valuable than a hell of a lot of other artists best years.
All Summer Long
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2702 on: December 08, 2020, 08:44:50 PM »

Hey HeyJude,

Didn't someone in this thread say the main thing holding up "Feel Flows" is an issue with credits?  Or did I dream that?

Now if that's the case, then the credit situation has to worked out.  Or... the song, or songs, in question have to be excised from the set.

That brings us to speculation on why the credit situation is so hard to resolve.  I mean, are Mike or any other of the Beach Boys going to make more than a negligible amount by getting their names on some obscure track that is going to appear on this vanity/historical release?  Probably not.  So that should be easy to resolve.

However, if someone wants their credit changed on one or more of the main songs on the two albums, then perhaps they're asking for reimbursement of monies lost over the years?  Isn't that what Mike did before?  He sued and got Brian to pay him for royalties he was not paid over the years?

Am I getting close?

Love and merci,
Dan Lega

Nah, credits are not an issue. There's no dispute over songwriting or any other credits.

I don't think anybody has actually asserted that credits are an issue. I think someone at some point speculated if that might be the case. Either way, credits aren't at issue.

While it's understandable up to a point to find this concept confusing, it's important to remember that the compilation, mixing, mastering, artwork prep, etc. for this set were all run through the appropriate parties. Essentially, this set *was* given a green light at every step up until the finished product was ready for a release date to be set and manufacturing to begin. Knowing this might help folks to understand the things that would be very unlikely to be an issue. Things like track listing concerns, songwriting credits, liner notes disputes, all of that stuff would have been raised as an issue most likely prior to the set literally being ready to be sent to the printers/manufacturing plant. Obviously, anybody could dispute anything at any time, including disputing something they previously signed off on. But I don't believe that's the case with "Feel Flows."

A situation came into being, virtually unrelated to anything to do with the set, and it was and seemingly still is being used to decide to delay releasing the set. As I've previously said, this situation is a legit situation that would require appropriate attention, care, etc. I'm not even characterizing whether said situation is a good or a bad thing. It's just a thing/issue/occurrence, whatever you want to call it. That this situation is given serious attention is not unwarranted. What seems to have confused/stunned/frustrated folks is that *that* situation is being used as a reason to delay releasing "Feel Flows" when most people I think would see no reason that the set couldn't be released as per normal.

It has been announced that Bob Dylan has agreed to sell all his copyright to Universal Music.

If one looks back many pages back to the description of the decision before the Beach Boys which may have precipitated the original excuse to delay the FF box set, one might well come to the conclusion that a similar offer is/was on the table for the Beach Boys/BRI.

Interesting idea, but I don’t think the band/members doesn’t own the rights to its most profitable publishing material - the Capitol era stuff. Murry sold all of that right? I doubt the band had a big offer for that.

Yep.

And as soon as I heard about Bob Dylan's catalog being worth 300 million bucks, I instantly thought about what members of the Beach Boys must have thought of that, when imagining how much their catalog would've been worth had Murry not sold them out.

I’m surprised it didn’t sell for more to be honest. And I haven’t listened to a lot of Dylan’s stuff, but the way that people talk about him, I’d think at least $500M.

The Brother years onwards is still a valuable commodity - not like 1961-1968-9, but surely more valuable than a hell of a lot of other artists best years.

I think we all agree with you, thetojo, but who knows how many outside of us hardcore fans - especially publishing companies - feel that way or even have listened to this material.
Awesoman
Smiley Smile Associate

Disagreements? Work 'em out.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2703 on: December 09, 2020, 06:17:57 AM »

That sounds like a similar thing I actually did on the radio once. We were doing some kind of giveaway at the station (format; modern rock, and this was circa 1997), and we were told just come up with a creative way to give away the prizes. So I played "Funky Pretty" off the In Concert album and said to win, you had to correctly identify the group. People called in and guessed Survivor, I think the Rolling Stones, and a bunch of others that I don't remember that were way off. NOBODY guessed it until I said, "Here, I'll play a few seconds of another song on the album" and switched to "Help Me, Rhonda."

Haha nice.  Unfortunately in this day and age with the advent of smartphones, it's a little harder to play that game without someone easily cheating.  But it's remarkable how drastic the sound of the band had changed at that time.   

And if you don't know where you're going
Any road will take you there
Peadar 'Big Dinner' O'Driscoll
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2704 on: December 09, 2020, 08:40:37 AM »

Had a listen to "Here She Comes" and now all I hear is how the drums are so loud...never noticed it before.....Thanks a lot guys   Angry Grin Angry

c-man
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2705 on: December 10, 2020, 06:14:14 AM »

Had a listen to "Here She Comes" and now all I hear is how the drums are so loud...never noticed it before.....Thanks a lot guys   Angry Grin Angry

Yeah, and the lead vocals - especially Ricky's lines - are not loud enough!
bsten
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2706 on: December 10, 2020, 11:35:00 AM »

Next week??!! 😀👍

https://youtu.be/hV4LC2obhsA
« Last Edit: December 10, 2020, 11:30:33 PM by bsten » Logged
37!ws
Smiley Smile Associate

All baggudo at my man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2707 on: December 10, 2020, 12:10:42 PM »

"Speculation." My guess is December 16, based on the "November 16" date that was on that AllMusic site...probably meant December.

Check out my podcasts: Tune X Podcast (tunex.fab4it.com) and Autobiography of a Schnook (SchnookPodcast.com); there are worse things you can do!
BeachBoysCovers
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2708 on: December 10, 2020, 04:01:18 PM »

"Speculation." My guess is December 16, based on the "November 16" date that was on that AllMusic site...probably meant December.

It's not a Friday though.

sloopjohnb72
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2709 on: December 10, 2020, 04:23:30 PM »

It must come out on a Friday, so that leaves either December 18 or December 25.
37!ws
Smiley Smile Associate

All baggudo at my man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2710 on: December 11, 2020, 10:34:10 AM »

Why "must" it come out on a Friday???

Check out my podcasts: Tune X Podcast (tunex.fab4it.com) and Autobiography of a Schnook (SchnookPodcast.com); there are worse things you can do!
BeachBoysCovers
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2711 on: December 11, 2020, 10:46:19 AM »

Why "must" it come out on a Friday???

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Global_Release_Day

Ram4
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2712 on: December 11, 2020, 10:56:34 AM »

It must come out on a Friday, so that leaves either December 18 or December 25.
Agreed.  Something should drop next Friday just like in previous years, even if it's just a few tracks again.
Ian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2713 on: December 12, 2020, 11:07:03 AM »

Based on a statement in the new esq it appears that there will be some kind of download only soon but the feel flows box will be next year (no announced date yet)
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #2714 on: December 14, 2020, 08:02:01 PM »

Had a dream I bought the box set last night

Thats how bad I want it

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
Toursiveu
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2715 on: December 15, 2020, 08:32:44 AM »

I had the exact same dream except I was totally naked.
I really don't know what it says about me.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2020, 08:34:15 AM by Toursiveu » Logged
CenturyDeprived
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2716 on: December 15, 2020, 10:29:59 AM »

You've clearly got H.E.L.P. Is On The Way on the mind...
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

"My God. It's full of stars."

View Profile
« Reply #2717 on: December 15, 2020, 04:52:13 PM »

You've clearly got H.E.L.P. Is On The Way on the mind...

I’d love just once to see you, I’d love just once to see you, I’d love just once to see you in the....

Bill Tobelman's SMiLE site

God must’ve smiled the day Brian Wilson was born!

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
Awesoman
Smiley Smile Associate

Disagreements? Work 'em out.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2718 on: December 16, 2020, 06:44:14 AM »

Based on a statement in the new esq it appears that there will be some kind of download only soon but the feel flows box will be next year (no announced date yet)

If the thing is basically done and completed, hopefully an official announcement and release date will come soon. 

And if you don't know where you're going
Any road will take you there
Ram4
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2719 on: December 16, 2020, 08:35:32 AM »

If the thing is basically done and completed, hopefully an official announcement and release date will come soon.  
A release date would have to leak out in the next few months prior to the official announcement.  I would think they are preparing interviews with different magazines and websites to promote the box which would mean we are looking around May or June for a release with the official press release a good 2-3 months prior to that.  All just personal guesses based on many prior releases.  This is too important of a release to not promote.  
« Last Edit: December 16, 2020, 08:37:04 AM by Ram4 » Logged
Howie Edelson
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2720 on: December 16, 2020, 10:45:32 AM »

Work continues on.
There's a really good communal vibe regarding the box.

FEEL FLOWS is going to be the perfect soundtrack to 2021.
CenturyDeprived
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2721 on: December 16, 2020, 11:04:09 AM »

Work continues on.

It's about time to hear great news, I'm so glad to hear that. More than anything, I sure hope some level of interpersonal BS between the camps can be resolved.

Thanks Howie!
Freddie French-Pounce
Smiley Smile Associate

A.K.A. mrmoustachioto

View Profile
« Reply #2722 on: December 16, 2020, 12:30:53 PM »

Work continues on.

Wonderful news Howie! Looking forward to it.

Check out the Mono/Stereo Mix Breakdown podcast Mixology here: https://mixology.podbean.com/
Mooger Fooger
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2723 on: December 16, 2020, 02:01:21 PM »

Howie, it's about time we got some good news in this whole world. Especially knowing that it will add some music to your day, our day, in fact everyone's day. But this long wait wasn't all bad, as I got to know the woman, Deirdre, who was telling me she had tears in the morning, when she awoke to hear that the Feel Flows set had faced another set-back. Yes, the long wait seemed to take forever, and many people had been quoted as saying, "all I wanna do is get my hands on this set, put it on the player, sit at my window and drink a glass of cool, cool water, despite it being winter-time". On behalf of everyone here, may we send you our sweet love in keeping us updated on this eagerly awaited box set.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2020, 02:03:13 PM by Mooger Fooger » Logged
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2724 on: December 16, 2020, 02:25:07 PM »

Work continues on.

Awesome!

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 104 105 106 107 108 [109] 110 111 112 113 114 ... 171 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx