gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680597 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 09:10:40 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 91 92 93 94 95 [96] 97 98 99 100 101 ... 171 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Feel Flows box set  (Read 841464 times)
mtaber
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2375 on: November 12, 2020, 04:12:16 PM »

Politics somehow bleeds into seemingly innocuous threads...

Question:What’s the best song on Pet Sounds?

Answer: Trump supporters should be executed!
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

"My God. It's full of stars."

View Profile
« Reply #2376 on: November 12, 2020, 04:43:38 PM »

Yep, can’t tell you how many times I’ve seen the rules broken here regarding politics, specifically:

2) Debate is fine; when it crosses into personal attacks, it becomes a different matter.   Publicly posting calls for members to be banned or for members to quit will not be tolerated. Any concerns should be addressed privately to the moderators.  Expletives or personal insults directed at other board members and/or moderators will not be allowed as signature lines, status, or as part of a poster's account profile when posting to the board. Any violations of this will result in a ban.Each case will be looked at on an individual basis.

6)Harrassment via unwarranted posting or via PM will not be tolerated. If someone has a beef with another member, taking it to private message is preferred rather than clogging the main board up. However, if recipient of said message asks the sender to stop contacting them, it needs to. Further contact after that will be addressed on an individual basis.

And they always get away with it. And who are the people doing the attacking? It’s the people calling the other people with different beliefs “fascist” “pricks”. Please for the love of it look up the definition of fascist before you use the term again.

Ban me for bringing up politics again, so be it. I’m with mtaber, I’m out of here anyways if people are going to continue to bring up politics in such a harassing and intolerant way.

Bill Tobelman's SMiLE site

God must’ve smiled the day Brian Wilson was born!

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2377 on: November 12, 2020, 05:00:42 PM »

^That’s why I’m bringing it up now . I don’t care what end of the political side anyone is; the nastiness has gotten out of hand. Election is over (Thank God) . What’s NOT over is the wonderful music we’ve gotten from this wonderful band, and that’s what we should be concentrating on.

Hey we’re getting the boxed set...that should count for something

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
mtaber
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2378 on: November 12, 2020, 05:32:36 PM »

I’m extremely excited to get this set.  We really can’t expect much “new” music from Brian and co.as the guys approach their 80’s, but the idea of sets like Feel Flows coming out every year or two is the next best thing.  Accolades to Howie, Alan, etc are well deserved!
mtaber
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2379 on: November 12, 2020, 05:36:10 PM »

On a side note, has anyone heard anything from Emily recently? She used to post frequently but I haven’t noticed anything from her in quite a while.  I know she was dealing with some highly stressful stuff a year or two ago, just wondering if she’s ok. She and I used to go back and forth with Rocky two years ago.
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2380 on: November 12, 2020, 05:36:30 PM »

Thanks Billy. I cannot wait for the day when every single one of us has this set and we’re talking about the wonderful things on it! Hopefully it’s soon!

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2381 on: November 12, 2020, 06:48:15 PM »

On a side note, has anyone heard anything from Emily recently? She used to post frequently but I haven’t noticed anything from her in quite a while.  I know she was dealing with some highly stressful stuff a year or two ago, just wondering if she’s ok. She and I used to go back and forth with Rocky two years ago.

I was wondering about her too. Hadn’t seen her on Facebook either; I used to have her number but I’ve changed phones since then. I hope everything is ok

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
Cabinessenceking
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2382 on: November 13, 2020, 12:02:16 AM »

Politics somehow bleeds into seemingly innocuous threads...

Question:What’s the best song on Pet Sounds?

Answer: Trump supporters should be executed!

That's funny given the common image is of Trump supporters carrying assault rifles to "inspect" demonstrations, intimidate voters, storm armed into state capitols and plan abduction and murder of elected officials etc. Often seen driving around with ISIS-esque pickup technicals with huge flags and banners. Correct me if I'm way off here  Grin

Btw I don't feel the need to go down the political rabbit hole, just correct your victimhood example.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2020, 12:06:38 AM by Cabinessenceking » Logged
Cabinessenceking
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2383 on: November 13, 2020, 12:03:42 AM »

Excited for news on the box set around Xmas hopefully
« Last Edit: November 13, 2020, 12:07:49 AM by Cabinessenceking » Logged
Yorick
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2384 on: November 13, 2020, 03:02:36 AM »

Can't wait for this boxset!
« Last Edit: November 13, 2020, 09:02:27 AM by Yorick » Logged
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2385 on: November 13, 2020, 06:07:19 AM »

What part of “no more talking about politics “ is so difficult to understand?

Final time I’m saying it

mtaber
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2386 on: November 13, 2020, 09:07:39 AM »

Erased my post
« Last Edit: November 13, 2020, 09:10:56 AM by mtaber » Logged
Magic Transistor Radio
Smiley Smile Associate

Bill Cooper Mystery Babylon

View Profile
« Reply #2387 on: November 13, 2020, 09:41:27 AM »

I just uploaded a copy of a Smile bootleg onto YouTube. Funnily enough, the piano demo of Surf's Up was tagged as the "Brian Wilson Lead Vocal 2019 Mix" some people are getting. Yes, the claim did include the entire first movement (with a different melody and ending to the backing track) and the falsetto outro from it, so this might suggest it's NOT a re-remix of the Smile Sessions version, but rather something closer to a '67 Surf's Up.

That's not how the site's copyright detection works, it'd only take a few seconds of similar audio for the algorithm to find something to flag.

Sorry, I'm a few days late on this conversation. I have been having issues with album reviews getting blocked now. Apparently, I can't play a song in the background while I review them anymore. At least some songs.

"Over the years, I've been accused of not supporting our new music from this era (67-73) and just wanting to play our hits. That's complete b.s......I was also, as the front man, the one promoting these songs onstage and have the scars to show for it."
Mike Love autobiography (pg 242-243)
Joel Goldenberg
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2388 on: November 13, 2020, 07:02:00 PM »

In the meantime, Elton John has seen fit to release his mega Jewels box set today and there's an Elvis Presley box set of his June 1970 Nashville sessions coming out Nov. 20. So there certainly seems to be a market for box sets nowadays.
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2389 on: November 14, 2020, 12:10:56 AM »

Out of curiosity...any idea of the gestation period for those two sets (in comparison to Feel Flows)?
« Last Edit: November 14, 2020, 12:11:43 AM by ♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇 » Logged

Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2390 on: November 14, 2020, 09:41:13 AM »

Out of curiosity...any idea of the gestation period for those two sets (in comparison to Feel Flows)?

You mean from official announcement to release? Elton was Sept 17 and Elvis August 7.
Tom
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2391 on: November 14, 2020, 10:57:49 PM »

Box sets are viable now for sure, trendy even. As soon as the Sgt Pepper one happened it was game on.
Sam_BFC
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2392 on: November 15, 2020, 10:30:02 AM »

Reports on Endless Harmony that there was an offer for a 60th anniversary album.
I asked, was Brian and Al’s refusal related to the circular firing squad episode that then held up  Feels Flows.

"..be cautious, don't get your hopes up, look over your shoulder because heartbreak and darkness are always ready to pounce"

petsoundsnola
CenturyDeprived
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2393 on: November 15, 2020, 12:12:47 PM »

Reports on Endless Harmony that there was an offer for a 60th anniversary album.
I asked, was Brian and Al’s refusal related to the circular firing squad episode that then held up  Feels Flows.

I have little doubt that Brian and Al considered the stress of dealing with a bandmate with narcissistic personality disorder, and decided against it. Who needs that kind of stress when pushing 80? Not them.

Mike has burned all of his bridges.
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2394 on: November 15, 2020, 12:24:03 PM »

I asked, was Brian and Al’s refusal related to the circular firing squad episode that then held up  Feels Flows.

I have little doubt that Brian and Al considered the stress of dealing with a bandmate with narcissistic personality disorder, and decided against it. Who needs that kind of stress when pushing 80? Not them.

Here is the quote from EH, written by SaltyMarshmallow, if anyone is interested:

I guess the implication was lost on the last page, but apparently I have the green light to say it now: according to a reliable source (someone who works at Capitol), the group were approached about doing another reunion album earlier this year. Brian and Al both flat-out said no.

And I agree, CD. I think TWGMTR is a perfect send off from the band, and Brian had already wanted to do a follow-up album years ago which was refused by Mike due to the “writing alone in a room with Brian” thing (I think).

Would any of you want to be alone in a room with a guy who berates your wife and talks sh*t about your mental health to the press? *edit, I think many wouldn’t mind using the room as a UFC cage for a while, but in Brian’s case, I think he just wants to be free of Mike for good.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2020, 12:25:59 PM by rab2591 » Logged

ForHerCryingSoul
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2395 on: November 15, 2020, 01:09:25 PM »

I guess this spells the end of the Beach Boys eh? If there are no new albums to produce, does this mean the dream is over?
CenturyDeprived
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2396 on: November 15, 2020, 01:40:53 PM »

I guess this spells the end of the Beach Boys eh? If there are no new albums to produce, does this mean the dream is over?

It's not the end of the band when there is such an absolute game-changing goldmine of vault material left to be released, such as FF.

Plus, Brian and Al can always go back into the studio and record more new material if inspiration strikes. And Mike can do the sequel to his viral super bowl mega smash, Santa Goes to the Viral Super Bowl: All Things Must Pass II.
All Summer Long
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2397 on: November 15, 2020, 07:33:26 PM »

Things are good. It's moving forward.

I can’t believe I never commented/responded to this. Awesome!! Thanks Howie!!

In the meantime, Elton John ... and there's an Elvis Presley box set of his June 1970 Nashville sessions coming out Nov. 20. So there certainly seems to be a market for box sets nowadays.

And I can’t wait for From Elvis in Nashville too. Been promoting both that and Feel Flows for at least a month or so whenever I can.

Here is the quote from EH, written by SaltyMarshmallow, if anyone is interested:

I guess the implication was lost on the last page, but apparently I have the green light to say it now: according to a reliable source (someone who works at Capitol), the group were approached about doing another reunion album earlier this year. Brian and Al both flat-out said no.

And I agree, CD. I think TWGMTR is a perfect send off from the band, and Brian had already wanted to do a follow-up album years ago which was refused by Mike due to the “writing alone in a room with Brian” thing (I think).

Would any of you want to be alone in a room with a guy who berates your wife and talks sh*t about your mental health to the press? *edit, I think many wouldn’t mind using the room as a UFC cage for a while, but in Brian’s case, I think he just wants to be free of Mike for good.

Disappointing of course, but I can’t say I blame them after Mike’s actions this year (and any time since 2012).
Sam_BFC
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2398 on: November 15, 2020, 08:16:33 PM »

Certainly not surprising that Al and Brian were not keen, given what has gone down in recent years.

In case I was not clear, my reason for posting in this thread was just to wonder out loud if there was any link between 60th anniversary discussions and the previous Feels Flows hold up. Hey Jude has said that the reason that was used for the hold up shouldn't logically affect a Feel Flows release.

"..be cautious, don't get your hopes up, look over your shoulder because heartbreak and darkness are always ready to pounce"

petsoundsnola
CenturyDeprived
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2399 on: November 15, 2020, 08:38:03 PM »

I asked, was Brian and Al’s refusal related to the circular firing squad episode that then held up  Feels Flows.

Certainly not surprising that Al and Brian were not keen, given what has gone down in recent years.

In case I was not clear, my reason for posting in this thread was just to wonder out loud if there was any link between 60th anniversary discussions and the previous Feels Flows hold up. Hey Jude has said that the reason that was used for the hold up shouldn't logically affect a Feel Flows release.

I'm of the opinion that regardless of what knowledge insiders might have in determining the reasons of what could be causing the FF hold up, that nothing in the history of this band is necessarily unrelated to BBs-related decisions that happen in the year 2020.

I think the wounds (namely, Mike feeling wronged) stretch back decades and decades, and old resentments could be informing all sorts of decisions indirectly, FF included. To me there's a logical throughline of dysfunction. If Mike wanted a 60th anniversary album to happen, he's got to be pissed and hurt if the other members don't have interest in that - and Mike, when he is pissed and hurt, has a history of lashing out.

The trophy hunting show, the Trump show, all of the fallout from both of those, couldn't have *helped* the chances of a reunion album, nor could all of that bad blood have been a good thing for FF. The very best case scenario would be that those incidents would be neutral and have no effect, but realistically it just shows not only a breakdown of communication between the camps, but a concerted effort by Mike to conceal and hide things he intends to do with the brand name until the very last minute in order to minimize any pushback or make it too late for anybody to do anything about it. It's all terrible behavior that is so incredibly dysfunctional and childish for someone his age. Aren't people supposed to gain more wisdom as they get older? Mike seems to have the emotional intelligence of a six year old.

But it will be an incredibly happy day when FF finally comes out. It's literally the only thing that would get Mike, or the brand name - sadly due to his actions in 2020 with the brand name - a morsel of good press these days.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2020, 08:41:34 PM by CenturyDeprived » Logged
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 91 92 93 94 95 [96] 97 98 99 100 101 ... 171 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx