gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680597 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 02:35:32 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 86 87 88 89 90 [91] 92 93 94 95 96 ... 171 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Feel Flows box set  (Read 841613 times)
bryand
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2250 on: October 23, 2020, 04:04:10 PM »

Sorry duplicate post
« Last Edit: October 23, 2020, 04:06:43 PM by bryand » Logged
bryand
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2251 on: October 23, 2020, 04:05:16 PM »

Yes, that is indeed the ‘Til I Die demo.
Mr. Wilson Joliet
« Reply #2252 on: October 23, 2020, 07:06:46 PM »

Looking at the list again, some of the titles are making me hypothesize a bit. For one, "Cool, Cool Water (Alternate 2019 Mix)" suggests there is a "Cool, Cool Water (2019 Mix)", that the former is a secondary mix. And "This Whole World (Long Version & Backing Vocals Mix)" appears to be the extended track with backing vocals, but why not the version with lead vocals? Same with "My Solution".

Adding to this is how the list is mostly made up of alternate mixes (some of which have been previously released), new mixes of songs otherwise only available on box sets (barring Susie Cincinnati, but a new mix was on the MIC box set), and two medleys from 1971 (one of which seems to be humourous studio goofing and the other an assemblage of minute long fragments, including an early version of the "River Song" intro).

While personally I think all of this is cool, this isn't necessarily mind-blowing stuff, at least to the level Howie promised. Rather, it feels like a sort of Feel Flows outtakes collection, songs that didn't make the cut for the physical box set, like Sunshine Tomorrow 2, but with the copyright protected material included as well (although it's odd "Seasons in the Sun" and "Big Sur" aren't in some alternate mix like "My Solution", or "I'm Going Your Way" and "Carnival" for that matter). If this is the case (like I said, just hypothesizing here), Feel Flows as intended still has another year to come out mostly unscathed (the only major omissions probably being the aforementioned 1970 tracks, assuming Dennis' solo material survives as well). Unfortunately, it would also mean another year of scouring this and other Feel Flows threads in hopes of any positive updates. Can't wait Undecided
juggler
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2253 on: October 24, 2020, 01:16:03 AM »

There's a brief (claimed) Til I Die piano demo up, but it's extremely distorted.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cxd4Nr-i7IQ

Oh my gosh.  That is one of those "what was that dude smoking when he got the bright idea of posting that?" clips.  The description has an explanation about how it's distorted because he removed a voice-over.   Ohhhh-kay, but if the end product is an unlistenable mess, why bother?
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

"My God. It's full of stars."

View Profile
« Reply #2254 on: October 24, 2020, 10:00:14 AM »

There's a brief (claimed) Til I Die piano demo up, but it's extremely distorted.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cxd4Nr-i7IQ

Oh my gosh.  That is one of those "what was that dude smoking when he got the bright idea of posting that?" clips.  The description has an explanation about how it's distorted because he removed a voice-over.   Ohhhh-kay, but if the end product is an unlistenable mess, why bother?

It sounds like it belongs in one of the abstract pieces that Atticus Ross made for the 'Love and Mercy' movie...only not really because this just sounds bad. But I appreciate the effort. Hopefully we'll be able to officially hear this soon!

Bill Tobelman's SMiLE site

God must’ve smiled the day Brian Wilson was born!

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
Steve Mayo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2255 on: October 24, 2020, 12:58:48 PM »

Nope. That is only a part of the demo if that is all the uploader has. The demo runs 1:48 vs the uploaded 0:58 seconds. Plus brian says “let’s hear it “ as soon as he finishes playing  

It is in crystal clear no voice over no distortion releasable quality. Too bad the uploader called us trannies. I’m no longer in the “university” here so no uploading material for me at this time.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2020, 02:05:49 PM by Steve Mayo » Logged

moderatorem non facit stultus est ingenio
WillJC
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2256 on: October 24, 2020, 01:54:03 PM »

« Last Edit: April 23, 2021, 03:48:47 AM by SaltyMarshmallow » Logged
WillJC
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2257 on: October 24, 2020, 01:56:06 PM »

« Last Edit: April 23, 2021, 03:48:40 AM by SaltyMarshmallow » Logged
Steve Mayo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2258 on: October 24, 2020, 01:59:51 PM »

Nope. You only have a part of the demo if that is all you have. The demo runs 1:48 vs your 0:58 seconds. Plus brian says “let’s hear it “ as soon as he finishes playing  
It is in crystal clear no voice over no distortion releasable quality. Too bad you called us trannies. I’m no longer in the “university” here so no uploading material for me at this time.

Bryand isn't whoever uploaded that video.

Oops. My bad then. Sorry about that. Amended my post.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2020, 02:05:00 PM by Steve Mayo » Logged

moderatorem non facit stultus est ingenio
WillJC
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2259 on: October 25, 2020, 09:12:01 AM »

« Last Edit: April 23, 2021, 03:48:35 AM by SaltyMarshmallow » Logged
CenturyDeprived
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2260 on: October 25, 2020, 09:25:14 AM »

This thread rules, 20+ pages out of John Stamos saying "soon-ish" and it goes half dead at the drop of new information about music

I think people are just feeling beat down and don't want to get their hopes up too much. As pathetic as it is, John Stamos saying what he said was the closest we've had to somebody who is a member of the band giving us any sort of timeline, or even acknowledging that it could still come out at all whatsoever. So that's different than a listing of songs that hypothetically may or may not be part of it. But hopefully they will.

Of course these songs from YouTube detectives (amazing work to those who have figured out how to crack that system) sound tantalizing and I'd be thrilled if they came out, but it still will be a real blow if the set is butchered and mutilated. Killing a bunch of Dennis Wilson content is completely unforgivable in my view.  After how to set has been described by Howie, it's a little bit hard to get all happy and excited about the thought of a butchered-up consolation prize. Plus Mike's antics with Donald Trump have just deeply soured many fans' whole attitude in general.

I'm still hoping for the best. But fans just don't wanna get their hopes up and get all excited only to be let down again. But we shall see what happens.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2020, 09:29:57 AM by CenturyDeprived » Logged
WillJC
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2261 on: October 25, 2020, 09:38:44 AM »

« Last Edit: April 23, 2021, 03:48:28 AM by SaltyMarshmallow » Logged
CenturyDeprived
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2262 on: October 25, 2020, 09:54:33 AM »

This thread rules, 20+ pages out of John Stamos saying "soon-ish" and it goes half dead at the drop of new information about music

I think people are just feeling beat down and don't want to get their hopes up too much. As pathetic as it is, John Stamos saying what he said was the closest we've had to somebody who is a member of the band giving us any sort of timeline, or even acknowledging that it could still come out at all whatsoever. So that's different than a listing of songs that hypothetically may or may not be part of it. But hopefully they will.

Of course these songs from YouTube detectives (amazing work to those who have figured out how to crack that system) sound tantalizing and I'd be thrilled if they came out, but it still will be a real blow if the set is butchered and mutilated. Killing a bunch of Dennis Wilson content is completely unforgivable in my view.  After how to set has been described by Howie, it's a little bit hard to get all happy and excited about the thought of a butchered-up consolation prize. Plus Mike's antics with Donald Trump have just deeply soured many fans' whole attitude in general.

I'm still hoping for the best. But fans just don't wanna get their hopes up and get all excited only to be let down again. But we shall see what happens.

I'm reliably told that delivery of sound recording assets to YouTube almost always comes with an album artwork asset (these are the videos you see on the 'topic' channels), and it usually happens 1-2 months ahead of release... so it looks like something got greenlit and put on standby here, maybe due for December. That means something's coming out unless a new decision goes the other way and stops it.

It's not exactly clear what got given the go ahead, though the inclusion of Ecology (a Dennis & Daryl track not meant for the Beach Boys as far as anyone's aware) makes me cautiously optimistic.

We were already assuming/expecting that we'd get a minimal copyright dump just purely for legal purposes, even if the full set fell through. But I guess since some of these songs seem to go beyond what would be be considered the most minimal required amount to preserve copyright (I think?), then perhaps this is an indicator that at minimum we'll get some sort of FF reduced consolation prize, somewhere between the barebones "as little as possible just to preserve copyright" and the maximum possible (lavish physical box with intact Dennis material as originally intended).

I'm cautiously optimistic too, and I always have been. I really don't want more reasons to dislike Mike or reasons to think of him screwing up what I love about this band (that being the contributions of all members), so I'm hoping and wishing and thinking and praying that this set doesn't come out in some sort of diminished form, which will leave a very bitter taste in my mouth, yes even if we get a consolation prize.  But again, I'm trying my damndest to remain positive, but it's damn hard.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2020, 09:57:08 AM by CenturyDeprived » Logged
thetojo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2263 on: October 25, 2020, 01:38:47 PM »

A couple more have been surreptitiously detected. Current count:

Surf’s Up (Brian Wilson Lead Vocal 2019 Mix)
Forever (2019 A Cappella Mix)
Cotton Fields (The Cotton Song) (A Capella)
Slip On Through (Alternate 1969 Mix With Session Intro)
Add Some Music To Your Day (A Capella)
‘Til I Die (Piano Demo)
Our Sweet Love (Track & Backing Vocals Mix)
This Whole World (Long Version & Backing Vocals Mix)
Tears In The Morning (Track & Backing Vocals)
I Just Got My Pay (2019 Mix)
Susie Cincinnati (2019 Mix)
Good Time (2019 Mix)
Take A Load Off Your Feet (Alternate Vocals Mix)
Back Home (Demo)
Cool, Cool Water (Alternate 2019 Mix)
Seasons In The Sun
Big Sur
H.E.L.P. Is On The Way (2019 Mix)
Student Demonstration Time (Track & Backing Vocals)
Sound Of Free (1970 Single Mix, 2019 Master)
My Solution (Track & Backing Vocals)
Long Promised Road (Track & Background Vocal Mix)
Medley: All Of My Love/Ecology
Medley: Happy Birthday, Brian/God Only Knows

It's adding up to something, but whether that something is the original boxset or a compromise version or a companion release in the vein of Sunshine Tomorrow 2 is anyone's guess.

How about interrogating the system as regards some of the Poops titles other than Ecology?
WillJC
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2264 on: October 25, 2020, 01:45:01 PM »

« Last Edit: April 23, 2021, 03:48:20 AM by SaltyMarshmallow » Logged
Mr. Wilson Joliet
« Reply #2265 on: October 25, 2020, 02:50:41 PM »

Regarding Poops material, I did discover one thing that could be related to it, although the connection is verrrrry loose and probably means nothing. An auto-generated video of the Lew London song "Old Movies" (link here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BwvFju97UOA) is listed as being composed by Dennis Wilson and Daryl Dragon. In reality, this song in particular is written by Mark Josephs, but it seems that YT confused it with "Old Movie", the Dennis Wilson title. With that being said, YT auto-generated video descriptions aren't infallible (elsewhere they credit Dennis' "Barbara" as being written by Brian and Daryl Dragon), but it seems strange that they mistook the Mark Josephs song for the still-unreleased Dennis one. Could just be there was more info on the Dennis song than the Josephs song. I also don't know exactly when this description was added, but no earlier then October 26, 2018 at least.
as1972
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2266 on: October 25, 2020, 03:12:02 PM »

Regarding Poops material, I did discover one thing that could be related to it, although the connection is verrrrry loose and probably means nothing. An auto-generated video of the Lew London song "Old Movies" (link here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BwvFju97UOA) is listed as being composed by Dennis Wilson and Daryl Dragon. In reality, this song in particular is written by Mark Josephs, but it seems that YT confused it with "Old Movie", the Dennis Wilson title. With that being said, YT auto-generated video descriptions aren't infallible (elsewhere they credit Dennis' "Barbara" as being written by Brian and Daryl Dragon), but it seems strange that they mistook the Mark Josephs song for the still-unreleased Dennis one. Could just be there was more info on the Dennis song than the Josephs song. I also don't know exactly when this description was added, but no earlier then October 26, 2018 at least.

Could you perhaps provide a screenshot of this description? Nothing is showing up for me when I look. The copyrighted audio description can be automatically updated by Youtube. For example a several month old video using Good Time was flagged as the 2019 mix a few days ago.

Also it's worth noting that the automatic copyright notices in the descriptions are becoming links, rather than the basic black text they were when this was first discovered. They only link back to existing mixes, for example "Surf's Up - Brian Wilson Lead Vocal" still links back to the 2009 remaster of Surf's Up, but a development is a development. Things certainly seem to be happening

Trying to figure out which of my organs I could sell for outtakes and live.
as1972
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2267 on: October 25, 2020, 03:20:05 PM »

How about interrogating the system as regards some of the Poops titles other than Ecology?

We've tried everything Poops related that circulates or is known but so far nothing's shown aside from Ecology

Trying to figure out which of my organs I could sell for outtakes and live.
Elora
Smiley Smile Newbie

View Profile
« Reply #2268 on: October 25, 2020, 03:21:48 PM »

For what it's worth when Ol' Movie was tested, it apparently got flagged with only Cuddle Up.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2020, 03:30:15 PM by Elora » Logged
Mr. Wilson Joliet
« Reply #2269 on: October 25, 2020, 03:34:08 PM »

Here's what I see

It's not the same as the copyrighted audio links that have been noted thus far (with the "Music in this video | Learn more | Listen ad-free with YouTube Premium" prefaces), but it's still automatically generated by YT. But yeah, it's probably just mistakenly credited to Dennis and Daryl based on the credits of "Cuddle Up" (through its "Old Movie" title connection).
thetojo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2270 on: October 26, 2020, 01:16:37 AM »

We've tried everything Poops related that circulates or is known but so far nothing's shown aside from Ecology

Thanks, that clarifies that.
Freddie French-Pounce
Smiley Smile Associate

A.K.A. mrmoustachioto

View Profile
« Reply #2271 on: October 27, 2020, 01:54:49 AM »

I really do not know what to make of this, and it's making me a little unnerved. If we still get a 5CD set in 2021, I don't care how much they throw at us, but I don't want them to skimp, and then we get nothing. I'm happy for the Track and Background Vocals mixes to be digital only if they were never part of the 5CD set, as these are arguably 'filler', but are still a nice listen.

Fingers crossed for some info soon.

Check out the Mono/Stereo Mix Breakdown podcast Mixology here: https://mixology.podbean.com/
All Summer Long
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2272 on: October 27, 2020, 08:15:47 AM »

I really do not know what to make of this, and it's making me a little unnerved. If we still get a 5CD set in 2021, I don't care how much they throw at us, but I don't want them to skimp, and then we get nothing. I'm happy for the Track and Background Vocals mixes to be digital only if they were never part of the 5CD set, as these are arguably 'filler', but are still a nice listen.

Fingers crossed for some info soon.

Agreed.
Don Malcolm
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2273 on: October 27, 2020, 10:34:44 AM »

Again, reminding everyone (and anyone in a position to do so...)  that this is the time to leak the full FEEL FLOWS tracklist. I suspect you'll find that most if not all of these items are part of it, and seeing the full list would allow media a chance to dissect the entire situation.

For example, it would allow Joel Goldenberg to go to town, as he's already updated his plea for FEEL FLOWS, coupled with a 50-year anniversary shout-out to SUNFLOWER. (Link provided for Joel's 10/17 article, which I have not seen posted here until now):

https://www.thesuburban.com/arts_and_entertainment/joel-goldenberg-the-beach-boys-sunflower-at-50/article_4b370ca5-8489-5ee2-8b66-03f94ae32028.html

Once the full track list is out in the open for everyone to see, such media material will pop up all over the Internet. And it will make a positive difference. Let's put the "mob wife" mentality back in the drawer where it belongs--you don't get anyone to own up to a mistake by glossing over it. You present the best facts you have and let the chips fall where they may. If the BBs want to keep a loyal fan base who will buy ANYTHING of theirs again, they will have to figure out how to do some face-saving for the 75% of folks who are going to remember the events of 20/20 (divisive slash intentional...) and will boycott future product if it is tampered with after the fact.

FREE FEEL FLOWS!
Joel Goldenberg
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2274 on: October 27, 2020, 11:26:13 AM »

For example, it would allow Joel Goldenberg to go to town, as he's already updated his plea for FEEL FLOWS, coupled with a 50-year anniversary shout-out to SUNFLOWER.
FREE FEEL FLOWS!
Fact check: Exceptionally true.
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 86 87 88 89 90 [91] 92 93 94 95 96 ... 171 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx