gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680598 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 08:49:45 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 60 61 62 [63] 64 65 66 67 68 ... 171 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Feel Flows box set  (Read 841743 times)
Matt H
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1550 on: September 16, 2020, 08:51:46 AM »

Has anything changed in the past few months be it positive or negative about the release of the box set?
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1551 on: September 16, 2020, 08:55:15 AM »

That's fair, although I thought I had read the FF project was launched late last year. The industry had not admitted digital defeat yet at that point.

You're applying record industry logic to this "Feel Flows" situation, and what's going on behind the scenes has *zero* to do with music industry trends and economic indicators. It's not a record industry issue or a Capitol/UMe issue. It's a BRI/band issue. BRI has a whole other layer of politics that operate completely separately from what goes on in the record industry.

The Beach Boys have always been happy to ignore both positive and negative trends/indicators in the record industry...

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1552 on: September 16, 2020, 08:56:24 AM »

Has anything changed in the past few months be it positive or negative about the release of the box set?

We're still pushing for it. That's all I can say/add at this particular moment.

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
Junkstar
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1553 on: September 16, 2020, 09:02:11 AM »

Brian and Melinda sent me to Alan last year when I was doing my Murry research. I trust Alan. He has access to the database and the tapes. I was not trying to offend you, but your username does not indicate who you are. How am I supposed to know if you know what you are talking about in this instance.

I'm not offended. None of that matters. All I'm telling you is that you can KEEP lobbying for this set because one particular thing you seem weirdly hung up on (the dwindling economic prospects of the record industry) is NOT at play when it comes to "Feel Flows." Why in the world would this small piece of information require extra credentials and vetting?

If you don't believe anything anybody says unless their name is Alan Boyd and Mark Linett (you seem to not mention Howie Edelson for some reason even though he's posted about working on the set multiple times), then have at it I guess.

OK Howie. 
Peadar 'Big Dinner' O'Driscoll
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1554 on: September 16, 2020, 09:15:10 AM »

The way people keeps looking at each others forums shows that everyone might as well still be on the same one. You guys love each other really  Grin

HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1555 on: September 16, 2020, 10:06:10 AM »

Brian and Melinda sent me to Alan last year when I was doing my Murry research. I trust Alan. He has access to the database and the tapes. I was not trying to offend you, but your username does not indicate who you are. How am I supposed to know if you know what you are talking about in this instance.

I'm not offended. None of that matters. All I'm telling you is that you can KEEP lobbying for this set because one particular thing you seem weirdly hung up on (the dwindling economic prospects of the record industry) is NOT at play when it comes to "Feel Flows." Why in the world would this small piece of information require extra credentials and vetting?

If you don't believe anything anybody says unless their name is Alan Boyd and Mark Linett (you seem to not mention Howie Edelson for some reason even though he's posted about working on the set multiple times), then have at it I guess.

OK Howie. 

What a nice fellow. Thanks for adding to the conversation.

♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1556 on: September 16, 2020, 10:07:30 AM »

It’s about as likely to come as the boxed set does right now. Or for me to break the Billboard charts

Right? He's so quick to throw shade at Guitarfool (about listening to YouTube tracks? LOL) but when asked a straightforward question about a major incident that happened to the fandom he's nowhere to be found. I mean, it's not surprising, I just love seeing the hypocrisy.

Seriously, John, ESQ, and the legendary "historian" can keep degrading the petition, but meanwhile, we're not not the one's who will look back on this time thinking "I did all I could to get this set out, I bitched about entitlement for two months!", no, we'll be ones who actually tried to do something and, no matter what happens, be happy that we did what we could. I mean, we're not Mike's lapdogs, so I get it, but anyone with an ounce of self respect could understand our position.

You totally missed the point of john’s post. He was not talking about gf listening to the set on youtube as you state. He was talking about gf telling one of the main compilers of those sets that he would not buy the set and that he was glad he downloaded it illegally on the internet. Boasting in fact he was glad he did. And telling this to alan. So much so alan replied that post was appalling. Alan also wrote to gf another post about it. You have a mod telling alan he will illegally dl those sets. Putting future releases in jeopardy. And you wonder why alan hasn’t posted here since. If this kinda thing happened in any company in the usa that person would be let go. And yet gf is still a mod. That is the definition of appalling.

Plus gf hasn’t ever said much of anything about those boastful posts.

That was what john was referring to.

None of that has anything to do with "Feel Flows." The delays have nothing to do with fear of low sales or otherwise questioning the economics of releasing the set. The set is NOT in jeopardy because anybody thinks not enough people bought previous sets.

I guess you can start another thread if you want to litigate one person's buying habits from multiple years ago. But on the topic of "Feel Flows", the delays have ZERO to do with marketability/economics/sales projections type of issues. The delays have ZERO to do with what anybody at BRI or Capitol think about the buying vs. streaming habits of potential customers. The delays certainly have ZERO to do with what *one* person said about streaming/downloading a set multiple years ago.

Exactly.

I’m going to go out and say what I’ve been thinking for a while now. Every  time I see a post ignoring Howie’s post about what’s going on, and instead saying it might be due to something else, I start to wonder if there’s an ulterior motive behind it.
Steve, you know damn well this boxed set is not held up due to what GF posted a few years ago. That is honestly one of the most ridiculous things I’ve ever read here.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1557 on: September 16, 2020, 10:09:27 AM »

OK Howie. 

Why the hell did you post that?

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1558 on: September 16, 2020, 10:17:42 AM »

This is a weird time in Beach Boys history. We’ve had someone accused of being Melinda, someone accused of being Howie...f*** it. Might as well tell the truth. Sigh...truth is...I’m the ghost of Murry F*cking  Wilson, and some of you are pissing me off. Booooooooo
« Last Edit: September 16, 2020, 10:21:56 AM by ♩♬🐸 Apple Bottom Jeans (Boots with the Fur) ♯♫♩🐇 » Logged

Robbie Mac
Smiley Smile Associate

Carl Wilson is not amused.

View Profile
« Reply #1559 on: September 16, 2020, 10:25:02 AM »

I’m actually Rocky Pamplin.

Loosers.

The world could come together as one
If everybody under the sun
Adds some 🎼 to your day
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1560 on: September 16, 2020, 10:27:13 AM »

This is a weird time in Beach Boys history. We’ve had someone accused of being Melinda, someone accused of being Howie...f*** it. Might as well tell the truth. Sigh...truth is...I’m the ghost of Murry F*cking  Wilson, and some of you are pissing me off. Booooooooo
Okay Murry W.! Grin

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1561 on: September 16, 2020, 10:31:58 AM »

I’m actually Rocky Pamplin.

Loosers.

How DARE you hurt my boys? I’m gonna Two-Step Side-Step my way over there and kick your ass, if you don’t surge on out of here! Booooooooo 🤣

“Big Daddy”
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1562 on: September 16, 2020, 10:34:52 AM »

ESQ just tweeted about the box set, maybe that means it is moving forward?

https://twitter.com/ESQmagEditor/status/1306053498719670272

I’d think ESQ posting on their Facebook page would mobilize more fans (much larger following there), but suppose we should take what we can get!

For those who believe that Brian walks on water, I will always be the Antichrist.
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1563 on: September 16, 2020, 10:49:11 AM »

ESQ just tweeted about the box set, maybe that means it is moving forward?

https://twitter.com/ESQmagEditor/status/1306053498719670272

I’d think ESQ posting on their Facebook page would mobilize more fans (much larger following there), but suppose we should take what we can get!

Yeah, right now any little bit helps

Don Malcolm
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1564 on: September 16, 2020, 01:32:46 PM »

Everyone with a Facebook page should link ESQ's tweet there, and everyone with a Twitter account should retweet it ASAP. The more it proliferates, the more the word will "get around."

Kudos to ESQ for un-embedding themselves enough to look at the big picture, which is to get the group the acclaim it deserves, no matter what foibles they may have had (or, for that matter, might still have). Carl, Dennis, Mike, Al, and Bruce deserve to bask in the glory of their incredible efforts during this time frame, and FEEL FLOWS is the best way to make sure that as many people understand and appreciate their prodigiously brilliant output during those frenetic times.

Keep at it folks--the tide will turn.
thetojo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1565 on: September 16, 2020, 02:38:30 PM »

I still think there could be 87 previously unreleased tracks.

Is it possible for at least part of the track listing to be revealed, after all, I think it would build momentum and for God's sake - the Internet knows this thing exists - and once the Internet knows something it's real.

In fact, any snippet of new info could get some more traction for this issue.
DonnyL
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1566 on: September 16, 2020, 04:41:52 PM »

With all this talk about Sunflower and Surf’s Up, are we forgetting that the set would also include sessions from like half of So Tough, along with “Break Away”-era, and live tracks -potentially even stuff like BW at the Whisky on the Rocksichord? And Dennis’ unfinished solo record?

♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1567 on: September 16, 2020, 05:00:02 PM »

Actually...I did forget! Wow...yeah now I *really* am I intrigued by what’s on there

CenturyDeprived
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1568 on: September 16, 2020, 05:08:29 PM »

With all this talk about Sunflower and Surf’s Up, are we forgetting that the set would also include sessions from like half of So Tough, along with “Break Away”-era, and live tracks -potentially even stuff like BW at the Whisky on the Rocksichord? And Dennis’ unfinished solo record?

Totally. Plus Celebrate the News, and a bunch more. I think our eyes are gonna pop out of our sockets when we see the tracklisting.

All the more reason that it's a crime against music history and against all that's decent in the world of this band for somebody to be preventing this music from being heard, enjoyed, purchased, etc. Blows my mind.

♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1569 on: September 16, 2020, 05:13:18 PM »

Totally. Plus Celebrate the News, and a bunch more. I think our eyes are gonna pop out of our sockets when we see the tracklisting.

All the more reason that it's a crime against music history and against all that's decent in the world of this band for somebody to be preventing this music from being heard, enjoyed, purchased, etc. Blows my mind.

Agreed. It’s also a crime towards the band itself

CenturyDeprived
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1570 on: September 16, 2020, 05:20:43 PM »

Agreed. It’s also a crime towards the band itself

And interest in this set will only help stoke interest in the eventual release of the original version of Big Sur (still cannot believe that's not been released) which most BBs fans agree is one of Mike's best tracks that he wrote on his own. This paves the way for that. For praise for Mike and for every member of this band.

So, yeah... (Carl & The Passions So Yeah...) what on earth is the holdup? We know this holdup cannot be something based on logic. It's probably based on some emotional/grudge BS or out of the box being used as a pawn for something else. I cannot fathom these are non-factors. Life is way too short for this crap to be taking up space in anybody's head within the group, let alone in the head of any regularly meditating member who prides themselves on being spiritual. Come the f*ck on. Being vengeful does not help lengthen anybody's life spans or bring anything good into this world.

« Last Edit: September 16, 2020, 05:45:07 PM by CenturyDeprived » Logged
thetojo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1571 on: September 16, 2020, 05:29:52 PM »

I don't see how that could offend anyone.

I'm just a TMer for the last 30 odd years, is all.

Smiley   Grin
18thofMay
Smiley Smile Associate

Goin to the beach

View Profile
« Reply #1572 on: September 16, 2020, 05:36:22 PM »

I really need to get back on here more often.

It’s like he hired a fashion consultant and told her to make him look “punchable.”
Some Guy, 2012
"Donald Trump makes Mike Love look like an asshole"
Me ,2015.
CenturyDeprived
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1573 on: September 16, 2020, 05:51:47 PM »

I don't see how that could offend anyone.

I'm just a TMer for the last 30 odd years, is all.

Smiley   Grin

I think that meditation is a very good thing. I would tend to imagine the majority of folks who are very heavily into the practice of meditation are probably generally not the type of folks who are actively vengeful or lawsuit-happy, which is fortunate. The world needs much, much less of that stuff.

What this world needs is peace and love and Beach Boys music.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2020, 05:56:02 PM by CenturyDeprived » Logged
thetojo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1574 on: September 16, 2020, 06:29:24 PM »

We're in agreement -

I did add a smiley just to show I'm not actually offended by it.

Reality is, anyone who has been around this world close to 80 years should have enough experience of life to just let some things go. My opinion only.

And I can't truly say I'm deeply into meditation these days, at least not TM. I think I did what I did for many years, and now I'm enjoying the benefits of it, to some extent.

I have always found it hard to reconcile Mike's meditation with his actions and attitude. All I can say is, I'd confidently bet that we don't use the same mantra!
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 60 61 62 [63] 64 65 66 67 68 ... 171 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx