gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680598 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 11:21:42 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 58 59 60 [61] 62 63 64 65 66 ... 171 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Feel Flows box set  (Read 841800 times)
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1500 on: September 14, 2020, 05:24:32 PM »

My wild guess is that certain folks don't want to release this set until they're able to tour. Or that one of the songwriters of the Sunflower album doesn't want his unreleased or demo material to be heard by the public.

That would make perfect sense

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
CenturyDeprived
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1501 on: September 14, 2020, 05:43:37 PM »

My wild guess is that certain folks don't want to release this set until they're able to tour. Or that one of the songwriters of the Sunflower album doesn't want his unreleased or demo material to be heard by the public.

That would make perfect sense

If it were really as simple as just one living member not wanting their own demo material released, wouldn't the easy solution to simply be delete several tracks from the set, and then release the rest of it?
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

"My God. It's full of stars."

View Profile
« Reply #1502 on: September 14, 2020, 06:10:27 PM »

Seriously, John M. When has anyone ever given a logical reason for that spreading of horseshit about Melinda? I would love an answer to this because I haven’t gotten one in the half decade since all that came out.

While you may not seem to grasp why that incident pisses off some fans, other reasonably grounded fans don’t seem to have the mental faculties (or lack thereof) to completely ignore it, either.

Say “y’re welcome” all you want and whine about “entitlement” over there in the land of Disharmony, but perhaps do some reflection on some of the characters you chum up with over there and then ask yourself why a huge swath of posters have absolutely no interest in joining that forum (and likely never will).

A certain sect of fans seems to be completely threatened by the fact that Melinda is in Brian’s life. When in reality every one of us fans are absolutely blessed that she is in Brian’s life. Yet people with a history of spreading sh*t about her get a pat on the back. If you can’t see the problem there, then I’m real glad that’s your first post here in 4 years.

Better bow out of this before I get accused of being Melinda Wilson.

Waiting for a response, John. I know I won't get one, given the track record from your cadre. But here's to hoping that perhaps, by some miracle, we'll see some adult response from the children from the EH forum.

Seriously, waiting for some adult/ratiuonal explanation for the bullshit that was lobbed at Melinda Wilson. I know, you can't give a rational expiation. But I just wanted to prove to every member of each forum who keeps watch over these threads that YOU CAN'T. And thus, when you're side vehemently defends Mike Love it just becomes a joke because facts and simple logic just don't seem to jibe with what you all spew out over at the Disharmony forum.

Again, waiting for a response that won't come. But good try, sport!

Bill Tobelman's SMiLE site

God must’ve smiled the day Brian Wilson was born!

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1503 on: September 14, 2020, 06:27:04 PM »

It’s about as likely to come as the boxed set does right now. Or for me to break the Billboard charts
« Last Edit: September 14, 2020, 06:29:16 PM by ♩♬🐸 Apple Bottom Jeans (Boots with the Fur) ♯♫♩🐇 » Logged

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1504 on: September 14, 2020, 06:53:07 PM »

It’s about as likely to come as the boxed set does right now. Or for me to break the Billboard charts

Right? He's so quick to throw shade at Guitarfool (about listening to YouTube tracks? LOL) but when asked a straightforward question about a major incident that happened to the fandom he's nowhere to be found. I mean, it's not surprising, I just love seeing the hypocrisy.

Seriously, John, ESQ, and the legendary "historian" can keep degrading the petition, but meanwhile, we're not not the one's who will look back on this time thinking "I did all I could to get this set out, I bitched about entitlement for two months!", no, we'll be ones who actually tried to do something and, no matter what happens, be happy that we did what we could. I mean, we're not Mike's lapdogs, so I get it, but anyone with an ounce of self respect could understand our position.

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
CenturyDeprived
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1505 on: September 14, 2020, 07:04:50 PM »

Right? He's so quick to throw shade at Guitarfool (about listening to YouTube tracks? LOL) but when asked a straightforward question about a major incident that happened to the fandom he's nowhere to be found. I mean, it's not surprising, I just love seeing the hypocrisy.

Seriously, John, ESQ, and the legendary "historian" can keep degrading the petition, but meanwhile, we're not not the one's who will look back on this time thinking "I did all I could to get this set out, I bitched about entitlement for two months!", no, we'll be ones who actually tried to do something and, no matter what happens, be happy that we did what we could. I mean, we're not Mike's lapdogs, so I get it, but anyone with an ounce of self respect could understand our position.

I can only hope, which I think is a longshot, that somebody privately who has Mike's ear could potentially nudge him to agree to release this box. But if it's about a grudge, ego, and decades old grievances, which I suspect are part of what's happening here, it would probably be a fat chance. And I also wouldn't doubt if there are people who actually think that fans staying silent will result in a better chance of the band releasing the box. I don't know what the right answer is. But nobody should be criticized for actually giving a f*ck.
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1506 on: September 14, 2020, 07:06:42 PM »

The entitlement crap is what pisses me off. I mean, most of us have shown concern for the songs hitting public domain, and also for everyone like Howie not having their work be in vain. That’s not entitlement.

♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1507 on: September 14, 2020, 07:09:24 PM »

I can only hope, which I think is a longshot, that somebody privately who has Mike's ear could potentially nudge him to agree to release this box. But if it's about a grudge, ego, and decades old grievances, which I suspect are part of what's happening here, it would probably be a fat chance. And I also wouldn't doubt if there are people who actually think that fans staying silent will result in a better chance of the band releasing the box. I don't know what the right answer is. But nobody should be criticized for actually giving a f*ck.

If someone who does have Mike’s ear reads this...please remind him that his contributions to this era are highly regarded.

CenturyDeprived
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1508 on: September 14, 2020, 07:11:02 PM »

If someone who does have Mike’s ear reads this...please remind him that his contributions to this era are highly regarded.

Ain't that the truth. For whatever shenanigans Mike does which greatly piss me off, I will always give the man respect for the great work he did, and this era certainly has it. Some people would rather cut off their nose to spite their face.
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1509 on: September 14, 2020, 07:39:42 PM »

But nobody should be criticized for actually giving a f*ck.

Well, when you sign a dinky petition the criticism is completely warranted. I mean, we are fans who have each likely spent $thousands+ supporting this band. But heaven forbid when one of the MAKERS of this set comes onto this forum telling us this set is SHELVED that we don't sit on our hands like others do. Actually, sitting on their hands is giving them too much credit. No, they have to bitch and whine about Guitarfool because he wasn't cool with a credit that went toward a dude who lobbed complete bullshit at Melinda Wilson. But we're the ones who need a slap on the wrist for being entitled. It's fucking comical.

CenturyDeprived
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1510 on: September 14, 2020, 07:55:48 PM »

Well, when you sign a dinky petition the criticism is completely warranted. I mean, we are fans who have each likely spent $thousands+ supporting this band. But heaven forbid when one of the MAKERS of this set comes onto this forum telling us this set is SHELVED that we don't sit on our hands like others do. Actually, sitting on their hands is giving them too much credit. No, they have to bitch and whine about Guitarfool because he wasn't cool with a credit that went toward a dude who lobbed complete bullshit at Melinda Wilson. But we're the ones who need a slap on the wrist for being entitled. It's fucking comical.

If Darian and The Wonderments didn't particularly actively give a f*ck about "shelved" music, then BWPS and TSS in all likelihood would never exist. Nor would Brian likely have the personal closure of this albatross that had been around his neck for decades.

What if this set is being held up or heaven forbid canceled because of a personal grudge? I just want to know how everybody would actually react to that if that were a fact. Again, it would be an absolute tragedy. Or are there people who are really genuinely fans of this band who would just shrug that off and not be deeply bothered by it?
« Last Edit: September 14, 2020, 08:09:27 PM by CenturyDeprived » Logged
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1511 on: September 14, 2020, 08:03:26 PM »

If Darian and The Wonderments didn't particularly actively give a f*ck about "shelved" music, then BWPS and TSS in all likelihood would never exist.

Well now you’re talking logic, which isn’t something readily apparent to some.I just get pissed when someone shows up after four years to throw an out-of-context post in the mix to somehow prove something. When context is key and that context is something that has yet to be explained by anyone from that gang...and likely never will. I would love to know what PMs are flying around right now regarding the latest posts in this thread. As long as my address isn’t being procured or I’m not being accused of being Melinda Wilson I guess I’m doing something wrong.

CenturyDeprived
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1512 on: September 14, 2020, 08:25:45 PM »

I for one am looking forward to the day where I can heap well-deserved praise on Mike, as well as each and every member of this band, for their stellar work on the set. And everybody is old, time is running short.

To think of having petty arguments while pushing 80 is just the dumbest/saddest thing I can possibly think of for how to spend those years. I can't decide whether it's more dumb or more sad, but one certainty is that it's absolutely tragic. Most especially if it involves family.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2020, 08:27:28 PM by CenturyDeprived » Logged
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1513 on: September 14, 2020, 08:31:41 PM »

Glad that all my enemies (not that I have many lol) will be long gone by the time I reach 80; I can’t imagine holding a grudge for that many decades.

Don Malcolm
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1514 on: September 14, 2020, 09:51:01 PM »

Sorry to be obnoxiously repetitive, guys, but someone has got to leak the track listing for FEEL FLOWS to the press. It's the best shot to get things moving.

Of course, no one is "entitied" to see that, since it "doesn't exist" because someone "who knows nothing" about what's in his band's archives isn't having another hissy fit...  Roll Eyes

Let the media do the heavy lifting for us. As I said before, can there possibly be another project with this band that's worth kow-towing to the latest version of "blowing it"? The breadth and depth of the BB's future artistic legacy is on the line right now.
GoodVibrations33
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1515 on: September 14, 2020, 10:05:57 PM »

You guys, a vast majority here seriously have no idea what actually goes on behind closed doors with this band, its members, or the families and people closest to it. Please attempt to show a sign of respect to the band and act like fans they deserve, take the high road. Build each other up, don’t tear each other down. Heed the advice found in some of the band’s most heartfelt and meaningful lyrics. Lyrics that you guys are fans of.

The endless bickering is extremely laughable, and quite frankly, your clouded endless speculation has led most here to become way off-base as to the details of this possible release. Also, it’s apparent that you have no idea how absurd this looks because this thread has turned into a disgrace.

I truly wish for the fandom that this place would be more filled with discussions found in the last couple of pages of the insignificant questions thread than what’s been going on in this thread alone. I get it, this is a place to discuss and speculate, but it can be done in a much much more appropriate way.

Support the possible release of this set, but try to do it in a more positive manner.

“I was sittin' in a crummy movie with my hands on my chin
Oh the violence that occurs seems like we never win

Love and mercy that's what you need tonight
So, love and mercy to you and your friends tonight

I was lyin' in my room and the news came on T.V.
A lotta people out there hurtin' and it really scares me

I was standin' in a bar and watchin' all the people there

Oh the loneliness in this world well it's just not fair

Hey love and mercy that's what you need tonight

Love and mercy tonight”

B
Tom
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1516 on: September 15, 2020, 03:52:58 AM »

I'd say there's been relatively little bickering in the thread overall. Most people are on the same page - we've been given clear info by those in the know, and there are a few (especially on other boards apparently) who fancy themselves the intellectual gatekeepers re: what exists in the vaults and how fans ought to behave.

It seems clear that Al, Bruce and probably Brian want this material heard - there are several indicators of this now. But I guess those guys are just entitled or misinformed like the rest of us  Huh
« Last Edit: September 15, 2020, 03:55:38 AM by Tom » Logged
mtaber
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1517 on: September 15, 2020, 07:46:48 AM »

As editor and publisher of, not one, but TWO Beach Boys fanzines, I’m pleased to announce my enthusiastic encouragement for the release of the FEEL FLOWS box set! Although it has been 40 years since issue three of Celebrate the Newsletter came out, my readers (those that are still alive) learned long ago to grow accustomed to each subsequent issue being later than the one before! In any case, rumors are swirling that a new edition is ready to roll off the (dust covered) presses!  Celebrate the Newsletter Issue FOUR could feature a candid, behind-the-scenes look into the inner workings of this 5 CD sets’ hold up!  That’s right, fellow fans!  An EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW with a close former friend and confidante of the culprit/culprits largely responsible for the delay will highlight issue 4, which is due out as soon as this box set is OFFICIALLY eliminated from any possible release! 

I’m sensitive to the fact that this inside source doesn’t wish to jeopardize the release of FEEL FLOWS by giving out inside information that could further damage the aforementioned culprit/culprits’ reputation, but its my belief that my informer will gladly open this “Pandora’s Box” if the set ultimately stays on the shelf, to be lost for fans forever.

If, on the other hand, FEEL FLOWS actually DOES come out in its 5 CD box set form, issue 4 of CTN will obviously lose its main attraction, but will still provide lots of mirth and merriment for its readers!  Thanks for listening!

And, as a side note, this “inside source” is NOT anyone directly involved with putting this box set together! If you’re familiar with my two fanzines, you’ll know exactly how serious this is!
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1518 on: September 15, 2020, 08:07:37 AM »

These are not factors in the set's delays.

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1519 on: September 15, 2020, 08:44:41 AM »

You guys, a vast majority here seriously have no idea what actually goes on behind closed doors with this band, its members, or the families and people closest to it. Please attempt to show a sign of respect to the band and act like fans they deserve, take the high road. Build each other up, don’t tear each other down. Heed the advice found in some of the band’s most heartfelt and meaningful lyrics. Lyrics that you guys are fans of.

The endless bickering is extremely laughable, and quite frankly, your clouded endless speculation has led most here to become way off-base as to the details of this possible release. Also, it’s apparent that you have no idea how absurd this looks because this thread has turned into a disgrace.

I truly wish for the fandom that this place would be more filled with discussions found in the last couple of pages of the insignificant questions thread than what’s been going on in this thread alone. I get it, this is a place to discuss and speculate, but it can be done in a much much more appropriate way.

Support the possible release of this set, but try to do it in a more positive manner.

With all due respect, I love talking about the most arcane of minutia when it comes to the BBs, but talking about who played the third overdubbed percussion on one track in 1965 is not going to help get "Feel Flows" released.

I've tried to help steer people away from fixating on naming the "who" in all of this, and especially the "why", because it's un-guess-able. I'd love for such a thread to remain 100% free of any excessive/unbecoming potshots and name-calling. But overall I think this thread has stayed on track. It hasn't become excessively ugly or anything. There's a lot of of speculation, much of which is not accurate. But I think it's all being pitched as speculation and guess work, because the band isn't discussing anything, and the "fanzine of record" for the band is also MIA on this.

This thread is not a "disgrace." I'm frankly tired of people popping into this thread with little or no contribution to it, only to cast their own judgment on it, or on the movement to get this set released.

If you want to have an "ESQ" attitude about this, say nothing, afford every band member every benefit of the doubt when it certainly seems like at least some members *do not* respect their fans, then have at it.

Bickering and name-calling and ugliness about the band and all of this is not productive. But that's not what this thread is. It's about keeping the conversation going, it's about making sure people don't forget about the issue of releasing this set. It's about not going back to threads about remixes of "Problem Child", Hal Blaine's sideburns, and s*itty Jan & Dean b-sides while ignoring this "Feel Flows" issue.

You say that most of us don't know what goes on behind the scenes, and that we should respect the band. Well, that issue of respect working both ways is something that could encompass its own thread, so I won't delve too far into that. But I will say that I *do* know what has happened/is happening when it comes to "Feel Flows", and while it has been explained a thousand times in this thread why all of that information can't just be barfed out there, I think it's fair to say that knowing what the actual deal is, it's pretty laughable to take this "let's just give everybody the benefit of the doubt" ESQ-style mentality about the set.

Further, anybody that knows how the politics of this stuff works *also* knows that immediately going into overdrive and insulting band members, or name-calling, etc. are also *not* productive. The reason the issue of this set being back-burnered got brought up here was not to turn this thing into a griping session. It was and is to make people aware it exists, without naming names or betraying confidences, and to help people realize the solution is to say *loud and often*, but respectfully, that we want this set.

That's what's happening in thread.

I think many folks here still don't understand the full subtext of what's happening with this set and more importantly the subtext of how and why we've been made aware of its existence and delay in an effort to get the thing released.

For those that like to take the sort of "mob wife" attitude when it comes to this band, the ESQ attitude if you will, of ignoring any internal politics or negativity, and want to just delve into fandom only on *their* terms and only discuss their pet interests; if you want to ignore an amazing set slipping through the cracks and just talk about what type of mics they used at Western in July of 1964, then you can continue to just do that. I personally am happy to do both. I bow to nobody in my interest in every bit of minutia with this band. But I also know how to prioritize and how to keep perspective, and keep things real.

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
hideyotsuburaya
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1520 on: September 15, 2020, 08:46:22 AM »

"As editor and publisher of, not one, but TWO Beach Boys fanzines, I’m pleased to announce my enthusiastic encouragement for the release of the FEEL FLOWS box set! Although it has been 40 years since issue three of Celebrate the Newsletter came out, my readers (those that are still alive) learned long ago to grow accustomed to each subsequent issue being later than the one before! In any case, rumors are swirling that a new edition is ready to roll off the (dust covered) presses!  Celebrate the Newsletter Issue FOUR could feature a candid, behind-the-scenes look into the inner workings of this 5 CD sets’ hold up!  That’s right, fellow fans!  An EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW with a close former friend and confidante of the culprit/culprits largely responsible for the delay will highlight issue 4, which is due out as soon as this box set is OFFICIALLY eliminated from any possible release!  

I’m sensitive to the fact that this inside source doesn’t wish to jeopardize the release of FEEL FLOWS by giving out inside information that could further damage the aforementioned culprit/culprits’ reputation, but its my belief that my informer will gladly open this “Pandora’s Box” if the set ultimately stays on the shelf, to be lost for fans forever.

If, on the other hand, FEEL FLOWS actually DOES come out in its 5 CD box set form, issue 4 of CTN will obviously lose its main attraction, but will still provide lots of mirth and merriment for its readers!  Thanks for listening!

And, as a side note, this “inside source” is NOT anyone directly involved with putting this box set together! If you’re familiar with my two fanzines, you’ll know exactly how serious this is!"

sounds reasonable.  go ahead, or not
« Last Edit: September 15, 2020, 08:49:57 AM by hideyotsuburaya » Logged
Matt H
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1521 on: September 15, 2020, 08:56:26 AM »

With all due respect, I love talking about the most arcane of minutia when it comes to the BBs, but talking about who played the third overdubbed percussion on one track in 1965 is not going to help get "Feel Flows" released.

I've tried to help steer people away from fixating on naming the "who" in all of this, and especially the "why", because it's un-guess-able. I'd love for such a thread to remain 100% free of any excessive/unbecoming potshots and name-calling. But overall I think this thread has stayed on track. It hasn't become excessively ugly or anything. There's a lot of of speculation, much of which is not accurate. But I think it's all being pitched as speculation and guess work, because the band isn't discussing anything, and the "fanzine of record" for the band is also MIA on this.

This thread is not a "disgrace." I'm frankly tired of people popping into this thread with little or no contribution to it, only to cast their own judgment on it, or on the movement to get this set released.

If you want to have an "ESQ" attitude about this, say nothing, afford every band member every benefit of the doubt when it certainly seems like at least some members *do not* respect their fans, then have at it.

Bickering and name-calling and ugliness about the band and all of this is not productive. But that's not what this thread is. It's about keeping the conversation going, it's about making sure people don't forget about the issue of releasing this set. It's about not going back to threads about remixes of "Problem Child", Hal Blaine's sideburns, and s*itty Jan & Dean b-sides while ignoring this "Feel Flows" issue.

You say that most of us don't know what goes on behind the scenes, and that we should respect the band. Well, that issue of respect working both ways is something that could encompass its own thread, so I won't delve too far into that. But I will say that I *do* know what has happened/is happening when it comes to "Feel Flows", and while it has been explained a thousand times in this thread why all of that information can't just be barfed out there, I think it's fair to say that knowing what the actual deal is, it's pretty laughable to take this "let's just give everybody the benefit of the doubt" ESQ-style mentality about the set.

Further, anybody that knows how the politics of this stuff works *also* knows that immediately going into overdrive and insulting band members, or name-calling, etc. are also *not* productive. The reason the issue of this set being back-burnered got brought up here was not to turn this thing into a griping session. It was and is to make people aware it exists, without naming names or betraying confidences, and to help people realize the solution is to say *loud and often*, but respectfully, that we want this set.

That's what's happening in thread.

I think many folks here still don't understand the full subtext of what's happening with this set and more importantly the subtext of how and why we've been made aware of its existence and delay in an effort to get the thing released.

For those that like to take the sort of "mob wife" attitude when it comes to this band, the ESQ attitude if you will, of ignoring any internal politics or negativity, and want to just delve into fandom only on *their* terms and only discuss their pet interests; if you want to ignore an amazing set slipping through the cracks and just talk about what type of mics they used at Western in July of 1964, then you can continue to just do that. I personally am happy to do both. I bow to nobody in my interest in every bit of minutia with this band. But I also know how to prioritize and how to keep perspective, and keep things real.

Can you tell us if there is any movement at all in getting it released, positive or negative?
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1522 on: September 15, 2020, 10:06:59 AM »

Mtaber, could you interview Rocky for issue 4? Evil

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
Don Malcolm
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1523 on: September 15, 2020, 10:12:36 AM »

This snippet from a brilliant post from Hey Jude is one we should all put as the sig lines in our posts. And that "mob wife" metaphor is so on-target, I don't know whether to laugh or cry. Quite possibly the greatest sentence posted here ever...thanks, man!

Don't want to pile on GV33, as I suspect he had decent intentions, so I will leave the blowtorch on the shelf and simply reprint what Howie wrote so that there is one more signpost for it in the thread, with one comment. From July 29, 20/20:

I dropped by to help answer some of the questions re: the project, because there's some confusion as to whether it does exist, if it's coming out, etc.

It definitely DOES exist. It definitely IS completed. It definitely is named FEEL FLOWS.

Both Jardine and Johnston have spoken publicly about it.

Linett, Boyd, and I worked on it for 2 years.
Those two put the whole f ucking thing together.
Hours and hours and hours and hours.

As the official BRI consultant, I was asked my opinion throughout and consulted with brains and heart.
I got the box green-lit by the label.
I saved it from dying on the vine TWICE.

It's incredible.
It forever changes the way The Beach Boys will be viewed as musical entity at the turn of the decade.
It's THAT good. It's THAT important.

It is currently NOT scheduled for release.

The "disgrace" will be if Howie's incredibly hard work winds up being for naught. Before any of us are overly tempted to saddle up that big, tall moral high horse, let's keep that in the forefront of our thoughts. "Love and Mercy" for a world that, right now, can use all that it can get would get a tangible boost with the release of FEEL FLOWS.

Cork On The Ocean
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1524 on: September 15, 2020, 12:03:52 PM »

Never heard of this publication, but at least it's something. Summarizes the info collected here. It popped up as the top result of a Google News search for "Beach Boys Feel Flows". Also, when beginning to type "Beach Boys Fe" into the regular Google search, the top autofill it comes up with is "beach boys feel flows box set". More people beyond just the board must be wondering about it.

https://www.thesuburban.com/arts_and_entertainment/joel-goldenberg-free-feel-flows/article_ee41e743-0091-53a3-8b28-2221dff42b8c.html
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 58 59 60 [61] 62 63 64 65 66 ... 171 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx