gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680597 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 02:55:27 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 57 58 59 [60] 61 62 63 64 65 ... 171 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Feel Flows box set  (Read 841617 times)
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

"My God. It's full of stars."

View Profile
« Reply #1475 on: September 13, 2020, 06:25:14 PM »

I posted a comment on a Al Jardine Facebook page post that read “Please release the Feel Flows boxset.

A short time later I received a notification that said, “Al Jardine likes your comment “.

Not that it was Al himself and, this was like a month ago. But it gave me hope.

I'm still keeping the faith myself. What you mentioned above is just more evidence that, as if anyone had any doubt, Al and Brian must want the box out as they support this material, while one member (who regularly acts like a member of a different kind) stays completely silent about this material sticks and thus out like a sore thumb.

It's interesting though, that even if Al doesn't run his own Facebook page, whoever does run it KNOWS about the Feel Flows set. And no doubt whoever runs his page is probably close to Al personally (which is likely why they know about the set). And if the set had any crazy issues that would warrant Al not wanting it to be released then I am sure that whoever runs Al's Facebook page wouldn't touch that comment. But they did. Positively. Just one month ago. Think about that.

So Surfrider, thank you for that information, and thanks for commenting that on his page. 

Given that Al spilled the beans on the set at the beginning of the year (and his Facebook page recently liked a comment about the release of the set) you'd have to be a complete idiot to think he's one of the people blocking this set's release. It brings me right back to Mike Love. I guess it takes 2+ people to block a set from release, but this whole thing just wreaks of Mike Love's handiwork. While some elsewhere find this speculation entertaining, I find the whole thing ridiculous. There is this amazing boxset sitting on a shelf and some of us fans are trying to do something and other fans are sitting on their hands going total Greta Thunberg "how dare you!?" to those of us who simply sign a petition and discuss the set on a forum.

Regardless of who is blocking the set, I sure do hope that things are looking up these days.

Bill Tobelman's SMiLE site

God must’ve smiled the day Brian Wilson was born!

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1476 on: September 13, 2020, 06:30:44 PM »

Thank you from this myke and Bruce troll!

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
CenturyDeprived
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1477 on: September 13, 2020, 06:57:25 PM »

I posted a comment on a Al Jardine Facebook page post that read “Please release the Feel Flows boxset.

A short time later I received a notification that said, “Al Jardine likes your comment “.

I'm still keeping the faith myself. What you mentioned above is just more evidence that, as if anyone had any doubt, Al and Brian must want the box out as they support this material, while one member (who regularly acts like a member of a different kind) stays completely silent about this material sticks and thus out like a sore thumb.

It's interesting though, that even if Al doesn't run his own Facebook page, whoever does run it KNOWS about the Feel Flows set. And no doubt whoever runs his page is probably close to Al personally (which is likely why they know about the set). And if the set had any crazy issues that would warrant Al not wanting it to be released then I am sure that whoever runs Al's Facebook page wouldn't touch that comment. But they did. Positively. Just one month ago. Think about that.

So Surfrider, thank you for that information, and thanks for commenting that on his page.  

Given that Al spilled the beans on the set at the beginning of the year (and his Facebook page recently liked a comment about the release of the set) you'd have to be a complete idiot to think he's one of the people blocking this set's release. It brings me right back to Mike Love. I guess it takes 2+ people to block a set from release, but this whole thing just wreaks of Mike Love's handiwork. While some elsewhere find this speculation entertaining, I find the whole thing ridiculous. There is this amazing boxset sitting on a shelf and some of us fans are trying to do something and other fans are sitting on their hands going total Greta Thunberg "how dare you!?" to those of us who simply sign a petition and discuss the set on a forum.

Regardless of who is blocking the set, I sure do hope that things are looking up these days.

Yet how do we *really* know that it "takes 2+ people to block"? I guess that seems to have been surmised from a vague ESQ post, right? But there was no detail in that, so it seems that might be an idea that was extrapolated, but perhaps incorrectly.

Not that I know any better, mind you. I just wonder why we confidently take that for being accurate. If it is indeed accurate, all I can think is that there could be all sorts of things being leveraged behind the scenes that we have no idea about, which could cause a party to buckle to Mike's desires.

Ultimately I find it difficult to see a scenario that Mike has 100% zero part in this block. Truthfully, does anybody really think that? Can anyone fathom such a "Mike has nothing whatsoever to do with this" scenario, and just think that his silence on social media is just a coincidence, and that what happened earlier this year in February couldn't possibly be a factor? I think there are plenty of  people who probably agree on this hunch, but maybe don't want to talk about it publicly.

I just think every fan should be livid that this music has been jeopardized. And not stay quiet about it. Not that I have a desire for people to be unhappy, yet I feel fans should not just be complacent, they should continue to make their voices heard, and I believe there is strength in numbers in this.

Any effort to call this "entitlement" is really absurd, and again it's a giant slap in the face to Al, Brian, and all the wonderful folks who worked so hard on this set. If I am "entitled", well I'm also the guy who was repeatedly advocating for people to purchase the MP3s of the last copyright set, which I happily did myself. I purchased it despite the fact that I exclusively listen to it via streaming it on my paid Spotify account, and I've actually never even played one of the MP3s from my hard drive, but I purchased it anyway because I feel it's very important to support the band and the people who work on this material. I basically payed for this material twice, and I would happily do it again in a heartbeat. Not looking for any pat on the back, simply stating that I put my money where my mouth is. And many such "entitled" fans would as well. And screw that nonsense lingo. Absolute horsecrap. If fans are "entitled", then the party who is actively and cruelly blocking this set should be gifted with an adjective that is far worse.

I remember when Alan Boyd came to this site and implored fans to support the 68-69 set, and reminded everyone how important it was to do so. That it was extremely important for fan support to continue, and for the label to see that fan support continuing. I took those words to heart. Alan's words must've been said out of somewhat of a imperative mindset that fans do what they can to support these sets, because if not they will be jeopardized.

So that's what I am continuing to do in this case. Every fan should do the same. Let's get an answer out of Mike and the rest of them. They cannot stay silent forever, and they can't deflect forever. I imagine that Brian would be fine to publicly talk about the reasons, but there's either a legal block on that, or they fear spilling the beans will lead to even further repercussions. It's an absolute tragedy for music history if this never comes out. Fans are growing older and I'm sure some will pass away in the interim if there is any significant delay. Let that sink in for a minute. it's really very sad.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2020, 07:07:24 PM by CenturyDeprived » Logged
Junkstar
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1478 on: September 14, 2020, 07:28:00 AM »

"I remember when Alan Boyd came to this site and implored fans to support the 68-69 set, and reminded everyone how important it was to do so. That it was extremely important for fan support to continue, and for the label to see that fan support continuing."

I missed this. If Alan were imploring fans to support Feel Flows, I would be more likely to jump in. I trust Alan.
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #1479 on: September 14, 2020, 07:55:07 AM »

"I remember when Alan Boyd came to this site and implored fans to support the 68-69 set, and reminded everyone how important it was to do so. That it was extremely important for fan support to continue, and for the label to see that fan support continuing."

I missed this. If Alan were imploring fans to support Feel Flows, I would be more likely to jump in. I trust Alan.

December 22, 2018 (replying to GF's post the previous day) – y're welcome:

Quote from: guitarfool2002
But I'm proud to say I didn't pay a dime for them and got them for free online. My principle is, if certain names are attached and others left off of any project related to the Beach Boys, I don't give them a dime or a penny of my money. Best money I never spent.

Quote from: Alan Boyd
It is becoming so incredibly difficult to get the corporate support that enables these highly specialized niche oriented projects to happen at all. Proudly stating that you won't pay a dime for a project because I acknowledged AGD for historical research in the special thanks isn't just a matter of availing yourself of the YouTube option. It feels more like a sort of boycott.  And this time it hurts a little, because (as you may have noticed), there is no promotion for this year's stack of tracks. We're hoping and praying that people who appreciate the hard work that goes into these projects will support that work by buying copies/downloads and proving to Universal Music that there is a market for this kind of Beach Boys archival collection.

The attention and feedback you all have given over the years has been inspiring. As for the stuff between the message boards and whatever it is we stepped in that made you decide to not actually purchase our latest work.... I don't know what to say to that. I hope you'll change your mind, because we need all the help we can get out here.

Edited to correct date; apologies if anyone was confused.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2020, 03:42:39 AM by John Manning » Logged

“We live in divisive times.”
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1480 on: September 14, 2020, 08:48:58 AM »

John, you’re welcome:

Yeah, Melinda (oops! Cat's out of the bag on that!), one would think he'd want to stay far away from that Alan Boyd "appalling" comment. For any audience from the EH forum, here is the reply that Guitarfool gave to Alan regarding why he didn't buy that set:

When the tracks are on the Beach Boys official YouTube channel, how is it appalling to listen there?

What's appalling is to see a person who exhibited bad behavior, in some cases the words and comments bordering on slanderous and extending from trashing other fans to gossiping about and slandering band members and families, getting acknowledged. If someone insults, lies about, or in any other way wrongs people I consider friends, they're off the radar. And I don't support their future endeavors where their name is attached.

Sorry if that's offensive, but maybe a lot of people still don't know what went on and how dirty it got. Maybe I'm old fashioned but words matter and actions have consequences. In this case, that credit put a stain on an otherwise terrific project.

The part in yellow is emphasized by me. The obvious stupidity is that "someone" (your guess is probably correct lol) is casting stones at Guitarfool for listening to YouTube tracks provided BY THE BAND whilst completely ignoring that they themselves spread vile gossip about Brian Wilson's wife behind the scenes (which is why Guitarfool chose not to buy that specific set in the first place). So listening to tracks that make the band money on YouTube versus sharing the ridiculous idea that Melinda only adopted her kids for tax reasons (and that's one of the less colorful pieces of gossip)...this is a perfect example of the mindset of many of the posters over there, which is why so many of us will never sign up there. I think what's most offensive is that "someone" thinks so little of their fellow poster's intelligence that they'd be so brazen to throw shade at others for supposedly disrespecting the band (for listening to YouTube tracks? haha) given their history of actually disrespecting Brian Wilson's own family (thus obviously disrespecting Brian himself).

And sincere apologies to my fellow SS posters for bringing this up here. As I will never have an account at the "Endless Harmony" forum (probably the most ironic name they could've come up with) I'm limited to how I can reply to the absurd posts made there...and when I see complete distortion of the facts, and people trying to purposefully confuse the facts I feel I have to respond somehow. And given that these facts have never been argued against (and likely never will) hopefully this will be the last of it.

Wanted to add this in:

Hell, they singled out OSD for stating his opinions on M&B as a reason BBs fans don't deserve this set.

So if blunt fan opinions are the basis of being "ashamed" for being a part of the fandom, what feelings do these people get when Mike Love himself says that some of Brian's music "sounds like sh*t"? People are gonna have opinions, and opinions hurt less than straight up lies that can damage someone's reputation. But over there, in their odd version of reality, Mike Love being criticized for his vocals is more disruptive to the fandom than spreading complete horseshit about Melinda Wilson. Gotta love it.

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
Robbie Mac
Smiley Smile Associate

Carl Wilson is not amused.

View Profile
« Reply #1481 on: September 14, 2020, 09:48:47 AM »

December 21, 2006 – y're welcome:

But I'm proud to say I didn't pay a dime for them and got them for free online. My principle is, if certain names are attached and others left off of any project related to the Beach Boys, I don't give them a dime or a penny of my money. Best money I never spent.

It is becoming so incredibly difficult to get the corporate support that enables these highly specialized niche oriented projects to happen at all. Proudly stating that you won't pay a dime for a project because I acknowledged AGD for historical research in the special thanks isn't just a matter of availing yourself of the YouTube option. It feels more like a sort of boycott.  And this time it hurts a little, because (as you may have noticed), there is no promotion for this year's stack of tracks. We're hoping and praying that people who appreciate the hard work that goes into these projects will support that work by buying copies/downloads and proving to Universal Music that there is a market for this kind of Beach Boys archival collection.

The attention and feedback you all have given over the years has been inspiring. As for the stuff between the message boards and whatever it is we stepped in that made you decide to not actually purchase our latest work.... I don't know what to say to that. I hope you'll change your mind, because we need all the help we can get out here.

Did Andrew tell you to do that?

The world could come together as one
If everybody under the sun
Adds some 🎼 to your day
Robbie Mac
Smiley Smile Associate

Carl Wilson is not amused.

View Profile
« Reply #1482 on: September 14, 2020, 09:49:30 AM »

December 21, 2006 – y're welcome:

It is becoming so incredibly difficult to get the corporate support that enables these highly specialized niche oriented projects to happen at all. Proudly stating that you won't pay a dime for a project because I acknowledged AGD for historical research in the special thanks isn't just a matter of availing yourself of the YouTube option. It feels more like a sort of boycott.  And this time it hurts a little, because (as you may have noticed), there is no promotion for this year's stack of tracks. We're hoping and praying that people who appreciate the hard work that goes into these projects will support that work by buying copies/downloads and proving to Universal Music that there is a market for this kind of Beach Boys archival collection.

Did Andrew tell you to do that?

The world could come together as one
If everybody under the sun
Adds some 🎼 to your day
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1483 on: September 14, 2020, 09:57:39 AM »

About to post the same thing about the doester...

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1484 on: September 14, 2020, 10:00:09 AM »

The guy that writes the liner notes and consults and works on these sets with Alan Boyd and Mark Linett has already posted in this thread multiple times. Do you really need more before you trust all of this?

I just do not understand the incredulity that some fans have about this stuff.

Not that it should matter after Howie Edelson has posted numerous times in this thread, but multiple times I've posted a link to the "Feel Flows" petition on my Facebook page, Alan Boyd has "liked" it.

I have no doubt that Alan Boyd and Mark Linett, who put tons of time and effort into this set, VERY MUCH want it to be released. Who among BB fans or scholars DOESN'T want this set released? Fans and spectators who have been watching the BB world and the industry in general over the years should know well why this doesn't mean that Boyd or Linett or Edelson can just plaster every corner of the internet personally as community activists to drum up fan support. It just can't work that way.

That's why we're doing what we're doing on this board and elsewhere.

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1485 on: September 14, 2020, 11:17:54 AM »

Seriously, John M. When has anyone ever given a logical reason for that spreading of horseshit about Melinda? I would love an answer to this because I haven’t gotten one in the half decade since all that came out.

While you may not seem to grasp why that incident pisses off some fans, other reasonably grounded fans don’t seem to have the mental faculties (or lack thereof) to completely ignore it, either.

Say “y’re welcome” all you want and whine about “entitlement” over there in the land of Disharmony, but perhaps do some reflection on some of the characters you chum up with over there and then ask yourself why a huge swath of posters have absolutely no interest in joining that forum (and likely never will).

A certain sect of fans seems to be completely threatened by the fact that Melinda is in Brian’s life. When in reality every one of us fans are absolutely blessed that she is in Brian’s life. Yet people with a history of spreading sh*t about her get a pat on the back. If you can’t see the problem there, then I’m real glad that’s your first post here in 4 years.

Better bow out of this before I get accused of being Melinda Wilson.

SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1486 on: September 14, 2020, 11:19:29 AM »

I am Melinda! Grin

♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1487 on: September 14, 2020, 12:17:28 PM »

Ah Melinda, my old friend...It could be worse. You could be erasing PMs to help protect a supposed “friend” only to find out they are bragging about threatening to kill people or burn their house down. Good thing I reached out AFTER I found out the supposed friend was talking sh*t about me. Now, can you please ask Brian if he’d sign the petition too?

Thanks Mrs Wilson once again!

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1488 on: September 14, 2020, 12:21:20 PM »

The guy that writes the liner notes and consults and works on these sets with Alan Boyd and Mark Linett has already posted in this thread multiple times. Do you really need more before you trust all of this?

I just do not understand the incredulity that some fans have about this stuff.

Not that it should matter after Howie Edelson has posted numerous times in this thread, but multiple times I've posted a link to the "Feel Flows" petition on my Facebook page, Alan Boyd has "liked" it.

I have no doubt that Alan Boyd and Mark Linett, who put tons of time and effort into this set, VERY MUCH want it to be released. Who among BB fans or scholars DOESN'T want this set released? Fans and spectators who have been watching the BB world and the industry in general over the years should know well why this doesn't mean that Boyd or Linett or Edelson can just plaster every corner of the internet personally as community activists to drum up fan support. It just can't work that way.

That's why we're doing what we're doing on this board and elsewhere.

Howie stuck his neck out to give us as much info as he could without burning any bridges. Honestly the fact that he keeps getting ignored is quite frankly pissing me off

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1489 on: September 14, 2020, 12:37:58 PM »

Yet how do we *really* know that it "takes 2+ people to block"? I guess that seems to have been surmised from a vague ESQ post, right? But there was no detail in that, so it seems that might be an idea that was extrapolated, but perhaps incorrectly.

Not that I know any better, mind you. I just wonder why we confidently take that for being accurate. If it is indeed accurate, all I can think is that there could be all sorts of things being leveraged behind the scenes that we have no idea about, which could cause a party to buckle to Mike's desires.

Ultimately I find it difficult to see a scenario that Mike has 100% zero part in this block. Truthfully, does anybody really think that? Can anyone fathom such a "Mike has nothing whatsoever to do with this" scenario, and just think that his silence on social media is just a coincidence, and that what happened earlier this year in February couldn't possibly be a factor? I think there are plenty of  people who probably agree on this hunch, but maybe don't want to talk about it publicly.

I just think every fan should be livid that this music has been jeopardized. And not stay quiet about it. Not that I have a desire for people to be unhappy, yet I feel fans should not just be complacent, they should continue to make their voices heard, and I believe there is strength in numbers in this.

Any effort to call this "entitlement" is really absurd, and again it's a giant slap in the face to Al, Brian, and all the wonderful folks who worked so hard on this set. If I am "entitled", well I'm also the guy who was repeatedly advocating for people to purchase the MP3s of the last copyright set, which I happily did myself. I purchased it despite the fact that I exclusively listen to it via streaming it on my paid Spotify account, and I've actually never even played one of the MP3s from my hard drive, but I purchased it anyway because I feel it's very important to support the band and the people who work on this material. I basically payed for this material twice, and I would happily do it again in a heartbeat. Not looking for any pat on the back, simply stating that I put my money where my mouth is. And many such "entitled" fans would as well. And screw that nonsense lingo. Absolute horsecrap. If fans are "entitled", then the party who is actively and cruelly blocking this set should be gifted with an adjective that is far worse.

I remember when Alan Boyd came to this site and implored fans to support the 68-69 set, and reminded everyone how important it was to do so. That it was extremely important for fan support to continue, and for the label to see that fan support continuing. I took those words to heart. Alan's words must've been said out of somewhat of a imperative mindset that fans do what they can to support these sets, because if not they will be jeopardized.

So that's what I am continuing to do in this case. Every fan should do the same. Let's get an answer out of Mike and the rest of them. They cannot stay silent forever, and they can't deflect forever. I imagine that Brian would be fine to publicly talk about the reasons, but there's either a legal block on that, or they fear spilling the beans will lead to even further repercussions. It's an absolute tragedy for music history if this never comes out. Fans are growing older and I'm sure some will pass away in the interim if there is any significant delay. Let that sink in for a minute. it's really very sad.

Here here !

For the record, when I buy digital only releases I burn them to cd to listen to them on the car, but at home I listen on Spotify or on the (Official)YouTube page so the artist continues to get paid (very little but it still counts). As I am an artist who currently only has digital releases , it’s only fair. I will do the same regardless of what format this set gets. So yeah, the BB will be getting money from me regardless

BeachBoysCovers
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1490 on: September 14, 2020, 12:47:02 PM »

So if AGD's name was in the Feel Flows liner notes, we could end this thread now?

HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1491 on: September 14, 2020, 12:56:02 PM »

Why is it that the creators of an official project also have to be the ones lobbying for its release? Howie came here only to clear up confusion regarding the Feel Flows status.

The Beach Boys' so-called "publication of record" should be pressing this matter on its social media platforms. That's what a fan page and fanzine is there for. Not JUST Sharon Marie discographies or promoting how many fired BB sidepersons they can collect for their comedy projects.

This situation is only proving how weak, biased, and fearful ESQ is (and always was).

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1492 on: September 14, 2020, 12:59:10 PM »

So if AGD's name was in the Feel Flows liner notes, we could end this thread now?

They’d just be copied from other people’s work anyway 🤣

♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1493 on: September 14, 2020, 01:00:10 PM »

Why is it that the creators of an official project also have to be the ones lobbying for its release? Howie came here only to clear up confusion regarding the Feel Flows status.

The Beach Boys' so-called "publication of record" should be pressing this matter on its social media platforms. That's what a fan page and fanzine is there for. Not JUST Sharon Marie discographies or promoting how many fired BB sidepersons they can collect for their comedy projects.

This situation is only proving how weak, biased, and fearful ESQ is (and always was).
ESQ doesn’t want to piss Mike off

CenturyDeprived
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1494 on: September 14, 2020, 01:19:40 PM »

ESQ doesn’t want to piss Mike off

I wish they would just outright admit that.

But of course that would be impossible because that itself would piss Mike off
« Last Edit: September 14, 2020, 01:32:46 PM by CenturyDeprived » Logged
thetojo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1495 on: September 14, 2020, 02:13:22 PM »

I reckon there's next to nothing you can do that wouldn't piss Mike off.

Ever since someone fxxked with formula many decades ago Mike's been in a permanent state of pissed off.
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

"Barba non facit aliam historici"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1496 on: September 14, 2020, 03:10:00 PM »

There must be something about fans supporting this petition or something about fans speaking out in general to encourage a release of this set which is upsetting these people enough that it leads to nonsense like this stuff posted today by a guy who hasn't posted here or even bothered with this forum (except to criticize and lie about it from afar) in 4 years.

Ask yourself why this petition, and the whole scenario surrounding the fans speaking their minds about this set, is causing so much strife and anger for these people to where they're denigrating the petition, mocking the fans signing it, and in general doing what they can to divert and distract from the actual issue everyone is talking about.

As if it needs to be said again, this is who they are and this is what they do. And it may also be why the viewership on their home turf rarely goes higher than 15-20 readers at any given time of the day.

"All of us have the privilege of making music that helps and heals - to make music that makes people happier, stronger, and kinder. Don't forget: Music is God's voice." - Brian Wilson
RONDEMON
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1497 on: September 14, 2020, 04:32:02 PM »

My wild guess is that certain folks don't want to release this set until they're able to tour. Or that one of the songwriters of the Sunflower album doesn't want his unreleased or demo material to be heard by the public.
ForHerCryingSoul
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1498 on: September 14, 2020, 04:47:22 PM »

Hearing about the drama surrounding this set's release/non-release really shows that sometimes things never change. It's tradition at this point that any good beach boys music doesn't come out and we get left with misguided table scraps and bitter feelings. Here's hoping there is a change in the cards this time...

I don't have much hope left and I wish I haven't heard about the set in the first place...
CenturyDeprived
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1499 on: September 14, 2020, 05:07:36 PM »

Hearing about the drama surrounding this set's release/non-release really shows that sometimes things never change. It's tradition at this point that any good beach boys music doesn't come out and we get left with misguided table scraps and bitter feelings. Here's hoping there is a change in the cards this time...

I don't have much hope left and I wish I haven't heard about the set in the first place...

The tradition is that when it comes to artistic decisions (releasing, recording, completing or otherwise) regarding material under "The Beach Boys" name, there is a nauseating pattern that goes back for decades of Brian's artistic desires too often getting sh*t on by the same party, over and over again. In one way or another. Sometimes it's only a contributing factor, and sometimes it's the main factor. It's not a black-and-white situation, but it's still very much a problem. Once is too many times.

As VDP said in the Beautiful Dreamer documentary, and I'm paraphrasing, of all people, Brian as an artist should get to make the decisions and get the support he deserves.

I don't know what VDP and BW's relationship is like these days, but it would sure be interesting to know what he thinks about this box being jeopardized. As well as the great Stephen Desper, who worked so incredibly hard on all of the intricacies and sounds, who used futuristic technology that we should all be grateful for. His great work is jeopardized too.

The fact that somehow this Feel Flows box set decision rests with other parties is a great injustice. Brian is going to go down in history as one of the great artists of the 20th century. He is the *last* guy who should be dealing with what have historically been ego-driven blockades, and walking on eggshells to avoid the wrath of narcissists. While that's not exclusively the reason why things sometimes don't work out right, it's nevertheless been a highly troubling recurring theme that is really, really terrible.

Imagine having a thorn in your side for that many years. I would have self medicated as well.

Jack Rieley's famous/infamous quote about the pathological tragedy of this band's greatest music being unheard and underappreciated becomes even more astoundingly accurate and stunningly ahead of its time when considering how that quote was made regarding the Feel Flows box set era of music - the very same era of music that once again is jeopardized and endangered, being fraught with these types of "let's go ahead and NOT release this music, mkay?" garbage issues half a century later.  

Jack KNEW.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2020, 05:26:07 PM by CenturyDeprived » Logged
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 57 58 59 [60] 61 62 63 64 65 ... 171 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx