gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680600 Posts in 27601 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 29, 2024, 05:07:15 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 47 48 ... 171 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Feel Flows box set  (Read 841900 times)
Matt H
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1050 on: August 10, 2020, 01:27:36 PM »

I really want this box set and signed the change.org petition.  Since the copyright extensions started, I have been looking forward to this year to start getting stuff from the 70s, I am a completist and want everything.  To me the early 1970s will likely show each band member making great music.  In my opinion, one of Mike's best compositions is the original Big Sur, would love to have that in a pristine form.  Dennis was really shining during the early 70s and would love more of that.  Brian was more active than the standard narrative shows, so more Brian productions or demos would be awesome.  Carl was really starting to compose some great songs in the early 1970s.  Al and Bruce also had good compositions as well as the introduction of Ricky and Blondie.

I think this set will show that each member had great contributions and will heighten the legacy of the Beach Boys.  I will be buying multiple copies to give some as gifts (you don't have to wait until Christmas, I will give the gifts now).  Please release this, I am 100% confident it is awesome and will showcase everyone's abilities.  People are still stuck at home, and getting some new music to dive into would be awesome.

To summarize:

The Feel Flows set is completed and is releasable at this point.  That is a certainty.

Something is holding the release of this set up, and we don’t actually know for certain what that “something” is.

The only thing anyone can do if they want this set released in its current, completed form, is to contact anyone connected with the band and voice their eagerness to purchase this set.

Is that about right???

Yes, and we can also let them know right here on this board that we want it. That's a big part too. More discussion of how much we want the set, and perhaps also pointing out the foolhardy proposition of *not* releasing the set, and then discussing why this set would be so amazing.

No histrionics, no harassment, no end of the world. Just passionate advocating.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2020, 01:29:31 PM by Matt H » Logged
CenturyDeprived
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1051 on: August 10, 2020, 01:49:44 PM »

I really want this box set and signed the change.org petition.  Since the copyright extensions started, I have been looking forward to this year to start getting stuff from the 70s, I am a completist and want everything.  To me the early 1970s will likely show each band member making great music.  In my opinion, one of Mike's best compositions is the original Big Sur, would love to have that in a pristine form.  Dennis was really shining during the early 70s and would love more of that.  Brian was more active than the standard narrative shows, so more Brian productions or demos would be awesome.  Carl was really starting to compose some great songs in the early 1970s.  Al and Bruce also had good compositions as well as the introduction of Ricky and Blondie.

I think this set will show that each member had great contributions and will heighten the legacy of the Beach Boys.  I will be buying multiple copies to give some as gifts (you don't have to wait until Christmas, I will give the gifts now).  Please release this, I am 100% confident it is awesome and will showcase everyone's abilities.  People are still stuck at home, and getting some new music to dive into would be awesome.

To summarize:

The Feel Flows set is completed and is releasable at this point.  That is a certainty.

Something is holding the release of this set up, and we don’t actually know for certain what that “something” is.

The only thing anyone can do if they want this set released in its current, completed form, is to contact anyone connected with the band and voice their eagerness to purchase this set.

Is that about right???

Yes, and we can also let them know right here on this board that we want it. That's a big part too. More discussion of how much we want the set, and perhaps also pointing out the foolhardy proposition of *not* releasing the set, and then discussing why this set would be so amazing.

No histrionics, no harassment, no end of the world. Just passionate advocating.

I will buy multiple copies to give as gifts also.

I legit can't wait to give the band and the record label my hard-earned dollars. This music is pure joy and is worth every penny.
Michael Edwards Love
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1052 on: August 10, 2020, 02:53:26 PM »

Then I'll come out of lurking to say that I signed the petition and that I'll buy it. It would be some good news in a year of much bad.
myonlysunshine
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1053 on: August 10, 2020, 04:01:13 PM »

Then I'll come out of lurking to say that I signed the petition and that I'll buy it. It would be some good news in a year of much bad.

^Ditto this. I shared the petition to my social media pages and also got several other Beach Boys fans I know to sign it. This box set needs to be released.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2020, 04:02:22 PM by myonlysunshine » Logged
Don Malcolm
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1054 on: August 10, 2020, 06:30:48 PM »

FREE THE FLOW!!!!

police 3D Cool Guy
Joel Goldenberg
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1055 on: August 10, 2020, 07:20:50 PM »

Would love to hear a stereo mix of Sound of Free.
buddhahat
Smiley Smile Associate

Hi, my name's Doug. Would you like to dance?

View Profile
« Reply #1056 on: August 11, 2020, 12:44:24 AM »

http://chng.it/cPXJsqNBKJ

I scanned back a few pages and couldn’t see the petition link so thought it might be useful to repost. Let’s hope this gets to see the light at some point soon!

Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes ......
as1972
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1057 on: August 11, 2020, 01:20:29 AM »

From what I've heard, the multi tracks for the final version of Sound of Free aren't in the vaults.

Trying to figure out which of my organs I could sell for outtakes and live.
Matt H
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1058 on: August 11, 2020, 05:44:16 AM »

From what I've heard, the multi tracks for the final version of Sound of Free aren't in the vaults.

I agree that would be awesome, but I heard the same thing about the multi tracks.  I think that is why the MIC Sound of Free is a needle drop.  Great lyrics by Mike on that one!
aingevt
Smiley Smile Newbie

View Profile
« Reply #1059 on: August 11, 2020, 05:55:57 AM »

I look forward to these releases every year. When all we got last year was a couple songs I knew that meant something truly amazing was being prepared. I check this site every day with heavy anticipation of news of its release. I signed the petition and am waiting and hoping for the chance to throw my money at this band and their amazing music.
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1060 on: August 11, 2020, 07:52:17 AM »

I agree that would be awesome, but I heard the same thing about the multi tracks.  I think that is why the MIC Sound of Free is a needle drop.  Great lyrics by Mike on that one!

The version of "Sound of Free" on that "Brother Proposed Bonus Tracks" comp disc is also a needledrop. So it would seem between 2000 and 2013 they didn't find any multis.

The newest audio extraction software is pretty remarkable; they could probably pull of a decent stereo mix of the song that way. That's not super high on my list of needs, but the type of extraction that can be done now is much more impressive than say 20 years ago when the first (and still pretty decent) "stereo remixes" of stuff like "Good Vibrations" were being done by fans.

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
Freddie French-Pounce
Smiley Smile Associate

A.K.A. mrmoustachioto

View Profile
« Reply #1061 on: August 11, 2020, 07:58:22 AM »

No one knows how much I desire this set than my wife, and I honestly think she'll want it to be released just to keep me quiet LOL

In all seriousness though, a collection of this material finally released to the world would truly make so many people's 2020 far better than it has been. I'm lucky that I haven't hit too hard, but this set would still make all the difference. The prospect of a large book to go along with this set, with many of the wonderful photos from this era inside, would be a huge icing on the cake, and I'm sure if this gets a physical release, that would be a no brainer.

My money is merely waiting BRI. Show me the payment link and there will be no hesitation.

Check out the Mono/Stereo Mix Breakdown podcast Mixology here: https://mixology.podbean.com/
Vale
Smiley Smile Associate

Drink a little drip drip drip drip drink a little

View Profile
« Reply #1062 on: August 11, 2020, 09:20:17 AM »

No one knows how much I desire this set than my wife, and I honestly think she'll want it to be released just to keep me quiet LOL

In all seriousness though, a collection of this material finally released to the world would truly make so many people's 2020 far better than it has been. I'm lucky that I haven't hit too hard, but this set would still make all the difference. The prospect of a large book to go along with this set, with many of the wonderful photos from this era inside, would be a huge icing on the cake, and I'm sure if this gets a physical release, that would be a no brainer.

My money is merely waiting BRI. Show me the payment link and there will be no hesitation.

100% agree and my wife too! Smiley

The Beach Boys' music and history have marked the most important stages of my life so far.
CenturyDeprived
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1063 on: August 11, 2020, 10:57:47 AM »

I would hope that the fact that this box that will bring so much joy to people during an utterly dreadful and largely joyless time in human history would be enough to tip the scales in our favor. No issue that is holding up this set is impossible to overcome.

I just wonder how much a billionaire would have to throw at the powers that be to get them to release it. If Bill Gates or Elon musk were superfans of his band, how big a check would they have to cut in order to cause the holdup to simply vanish?
« Last Edit: August 11, 2020, 10:58:57 AM by CenturyDeprived » Logged
William Bowe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1064 on: August 11, 2020, 11:20:23 AM »

I would hope that the fact that this box that will bring so much joy to people during an utterly dreadful and largely joyless time in human history would be enough to tip the scales in our favor.

I suspect the man who, let's face it, is almost certainly to blame for this believes he's already done his bit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8OVy33V_OI
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1065 on: August 11, 2020, 11:51:28 AM »

Even worse... https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jvR8j94gHws&time_continue=1&feature=emb_title

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
The LEGENDARY OSD
Smiley Smile Associate

luHv Estrangement Syndrome. It's a great thing!

View Profile
« Reply #1066 on: August 11, 2020, 12:08:20 PM »

This Clown School dropout has incredibly well tuned his skills at making a complete fool of himself with slop like this. And on top of it all has a video of himself behind him. His voice sounds like he's got a clam stuck in his throat and I would think Stamos would know better than to associate himself with the most hated clown the world of music has ever witnessed.  Evil

myKe luHv, the most hated, embarrassing clown the world of music has ever witnessed.
SydBarrett
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1067 on: August 11, 2020, 12:57:13 PM »

Here we go again
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

"Barba non facit aliam historici"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1068 on: August 11, 2020, 04:17:21 PM »

I scanned back a few pages and couldn’t see the petition link so thought it might be useful to repost. Let’s hope this gets to see the light at some point soon!

The petition needs roughly 40 more votes to reach its goal, how about a push to make it happen?

I'd like to see it reach the goal not just to let the band members, BRI, and the label know how many fans are pledged to buying a *deluxe box set* that is completed and currently held up, but also to show those who are calling this petition pointless, a waste of time, etc how invested real fans of this band are...and how the lectures and finger-wagging at "entitled" fans are the really pointless, unnecessary, and unwelcome activities.

Here's the link again, share it with other entitled fans who do pointless things (sarcasm...) and let the band and all involved know how many are holding the cash and cards waiting to buy this music.

"All of us have the privilege of making music that helps and heals - to make music that makes people happier, stronger, and kinder. Don't forget: Music is God's voice." - Brian Wilson
Wirestone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1069 on: August 11, 2020, 06:36:05 PM »

I added my name to the petition. There are a multitude of die hards who will pay cold, hard cash for this set. Get it out. Now.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2020, 06:38:18 PM by Wirestone » Logged
Matt H
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1070 on: August 11, 2020, 07:00:54 PM »

The petition needs roughly 40 more votes to reach its goal, how about a push to make it happen?

I'd like to see it reach the goal not just to let the band members, BRI, and the label know how many fans are pledged to buying a *deluxe box set* that is completed and currently held up, but also to show those who are calling this petition pointless, a waste of time, etc how invested real fans of this band are...and how the lectures and finger-wagging at "entitled" fans are the really pointless, unnecessary, and unwelcome activities.

Here's the link again, share it with other entitled fans who do pointless things (sarcasm...) and let the band and all involved know how many are holding the cash and cards waiting to buy this music.

I sent it out to the old PSML email list, and Hughes from France forwarded it to a France user group.  18 more signatures to reach 500.  Although, I believe once it hits 500 it will have a new goal.
Jim V.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1071 on: August 11, 2020, 09:05:54 PM »

Guys and gals, I have to admit I've resigned myself to the fact that we aren't getting Feel Flows. Now while I'm bummed, I'm not desperately sad like I would've been if BWPS or The SMiLE Sessions or the like had been scrapped. I'm just accepting it though. I'm glad we've gotten so much vault material these last few years and I always had a sneaking suspicion something would get screwed up and here it is.

The fact that a guy intimately involved with the set came on here to basically rally the troops and inform of us this being in limbo, that probably means things don't look very good. Maybe I'm wrong, but I think Mr. Edelson may be putting his butt on the line in a way as far as working with The Beach Boys (or possibly other groups who are paying attention) to tell us this. And I don't think he woulda done this is if things didn't look so bleak. If there was a minor issue that looked like it would be fixable within a bit, I personally don't think he woulda made mention on our board here. So while I'm not saying to give up, I think things are worse on this front than I originally did, having time to process the info.

I agree with those of you are trying to make things happen, and indeed I both signed the petition and have posted positive comments on Mike Love's Facebook page about getting this thing out there. But beyond that, I'm just not sure what we can do. So as I basically said earlier, I'm resigning myself to the fact that we ain't seeing this thing.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2020, 09:24:37 PM by Jim V. » Logged
Mooger Fooger
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1072 on: August 12, 2020, 08:46:34 AM »

I just added my sig to the petition. I also posted it on my Facebook page, I have a lot of people as friends who I know like the band, and would by the set.

Here's hoping logical heads prevail.
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

"Barba non facit aliam historici"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1073 on: August 12, 2020, 08:52:29 AM »

The petition reached its initial goal of 500 signatures overnight.

Pointless exercise or not, at least fans who are now aware of the situation have an opportunity to voice their support for releasing this set.

It makes me wonder why some elements of the Beach Boys fan community are against this petition, and also seem to be upset at fans who are speaking up and saying they'd like to see it released.

Hmmm.

Anyway, the petition reached its initial 500 signature goal, now the results can be seen by those most closely involved.

Well done.  Smiley

"All of us have the privilege of making music that helps and heals - to make music that makes people happier, stronger, and kinder. Don't forget: Music is God's voice." - Brian Wilson
Matt H
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1074 on: August 12, 2020, 09:02:24 AM »

The petition reached its initial goal of 500 signatures overnight.

Pointless exercise or not, at least fans who are now aware of the situation have an opportunity to voice their support for releasing this set.

It makes me wonder why some elements of the Beach Boys fan community are against this petition, and also seem to be upset at fans who are speaking up and saying they'd like to see it released.

Hmmm.

Anyway, the petition reached its initial 500 signature goal, now the results can be seen by those most closely involved.

Well done.  Smiley

I think the goal is incremental.  When I first looked at it the initial goal was 250, then it moved to 500, now it is 1000.
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 47 48 ... 171 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx