gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680597 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 09:27:02 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 ... 171 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Feel Flows box set  (Read 841477 times)
The Nearest Faraway Place
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #625 on: July 16, 2020, 05:44:35 PM »

I mean, if someone wants to spend $40-$45 to ship this Japanese CD just to get "Sea Cruise" instead of the million other cheaper ways to snag it, have at it. I'm not even sure of the provenance of the master tapes being used for this. Are they obtaining new first-gen masters from BRI, or are they just using a Japanese sub-master tape? Will it have the weird mixes from the US CD version, or the unique 45 mixes from the UK CD version? Or neither?

"Ten Years of Harmony" is an interesting comp, no question. Just like some fans became fans based on other comps (I remember "Sunshine Dream" being a favorite), I'm sure some folks had "Ten Years..." as their first taste of post-60s stuff.

I guess I am surprised that they legitimately got clearances for stuff like "River Song", which is owned by Guercio/Sony.

But obviously my main point was no so much that stuff like this is objectionable, but rather that reissues and compilations are not what the band and its legacy and its fans need. All hands should be on deck opening up the archives. Then when an international label starts reissuing old Radio Shack comps and stuff, we'll be able to just laugh rather than be annoyed that *this* is what we get instead of <fill in the blank with about a million projects>.
This takes me back to 2001-2010, where all we got were endless compilations of old material we had heard over and over again, maybe with a random new stereo mix or curiosity thrown in there from time to time. Let us go down the list...
The Very Best of the Beach Boys
Classics selected by Brian Wilson
Sounds of Summer: The Very Best of The Beach Boys
The Platinum Collection (Sounds of Summer Edition)
Good Vibrations: 40th Anniversary Edition
The Warmth of the Sun
The Original US Singles Collection The Capitol Years 1962–1965
Summer Love Songs
So I’m just grateful that we got a TUN of new vault clearing between 2011-2019, and hope it continues.
I’m very optimistic.
We’ve got a title: Feel Flows
We’ve got possible included material: 1969-1971, Sunflower and Surfs’ Up
We’ve got a possible length: 5 CDs
We’ve got previews of two possible inclusions: new mixes of San Miguel and Cotton Fields (Single)
We’ve got more info: Fred mentioning that they might put a part of his country project on there.
We’ve got a possible release window: Fall 2020]
So I say we’ve got a 85% chance of getting something before December 31.
c-man
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #626 on: July 16, 2020, 06:31:39 PM »

"Ten Years of Harmony" is "special" though. As far as I know, we don't have "Sea Cruise" or the title track readily available on cd. It'll be a welcome addition to my collecrion, personally.

Which title track?
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #627 on: July 16, 2020, 08:45:43 PM »

Didn’t Bruce have a song written called Ten Years Harmony that was reworked after Endless Harmony on KTSA?

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
Rebel
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #628 on: July 16, 2020, 08:46:11 PM »

"Ten Years of Harmony" is "special" though. As far as I know, we don't have "Sea Cruise" or the title track readily available on cd. It'll be a welcome addition to my collecrion, personally.

Which title track?

Looks like they are saying the title track is ten years of harmony. I didn’t know that was ever released officially. Perhaps this is the first time?
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #629 on: July 16, 2020, 11:16:55 PM »

Didn’t Bruce have a song written called Ten Years Harmony that was reworked after Endless Harmony on KTSA?

You mean this?

https://youtu.be/iOdfXisA9go
« Last Edit: July 16, 2020, 11:19:21 PM by Pretty Funky » Logged
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #630 on: July 17, 2020, 01:43:42 AM »

Yup that’s the one

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
c-man
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #631 on: July 17, 2020, 07:27:01 AM »

Which title track?

Looks like they are saying the title track is ten years of harmony. I didn’t know that was ever released officially. Perhaps this is the first time?

That song was not on the original LP lineup, or the subsequent CD release. I don't expect it to be included in this new Japanese release either. The promo blurb linked above doesn't include a track lineup.
Wata
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #632 on: July 17, 2020, 07:44:16 AM »

https://www.universal-music.co.jp/beach-boys/products/uicy-40330/

This site has the official tracklist for the comp (in Japanese), which does not include the song Ten Years of Harmony.

By the way, Ten Years of Harmony (the song) was released on the single "Don't Worry Baby/Ten Years of Harmony" by California Music in 1974, and it is available on the CD "California Music & Disney Girls : RCA/Equinox Collection" released in 2000.
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #633 on: July 17, 2020, 08:40:05 AM »

Okay, well the automated Google translation of the Japanese track listing is kinda funny in a few spots. Can't wait for Bruce's classic "Deadla", and Al's opus "Linda of the Autumn Wind." Brian's songs end up being puns like "This Hole World" and "Seeds God Rhythm."  

Add Some Music To Your Day

Roller Skating Child

Desnie girl

It's A Beautiful Day

California Saga/California

Woncha Come Out Tonight

Marcella

Rock and roll music

Go In On

It's okay

Cool cool water

San Miguel

School day

Good timing

Sail on sailor

Disc 2

Darling

Linda of the Autumn Wind

Sea cruise

The Trader

This Hole World

Don't Go Near The Water

Surfs up

Come Go With Me

Deadla

Seeds Got Rhythm

River song

Long Promist Road

Feel Flows

Till I Die

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
c-man
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #634 on: July 17, 2020, 08:54:28 AM »

"9
Go In On" would be much funnier as "Goin' On In".  Evil
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #635 on: July 17, 2020, 08:59:37 AM »

I don't know why, but I swore Ten Years of Harmony(the song) was released on that album. Was it released on any Beach Boys related album?

A son of anarchy surrounded by the hierarchy.
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

"Barba non facit aliam historici"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #636 on: July 17, 2020, 09:00:25 AM »

A statement on why the set is being held up would go a long way in this case...

"All of us have the privilege of making music that helps and heals - to make music that makes people happier, stronger, and kinder. Don't forget: Music is God's voice." - Brian Wilson
bryand
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #637 on: July 17, 2020, 09:33:37 AM »

Or even release a teaser for it with “coming soon”. It is just ridiculous...
The Nearest Faraway Place
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #638 on: July 17, 2020, 09:42:42 AM »

A statement on why the set is being held up would go a long way in this case...
They’re not gonna tell you why it’s being held up, because it was never announced in the first place. Even though we have a lot of information about it, there still has been absolutely no official press release from capital, or from BRI, or no pre-orders, or nothing like that. So technically, even though it may have been internally delayed, it hasn’t been delayed to the public, because it was never officially announced.
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #639 on: July 17, 2020, 09:56:00 AM »

While there have been no official press releases regarding any set, some members of the band *have* mentioned it in interviews.

All I can add at the moment is that, considering that other physical releases of movies/music (and other products; toys, etc.) continue to make it out there and continue to be slated for the coming months, I think it's *very very* unlikely that any delay on any BB set would have anything to do with COVID.

McCartney is putting out a reissue set in a few weeks that has about 87 different swag elements; 7 total discs, slipcases, books, photos, reproductions of his 1997 medical records, and so on. Far more expensive and elaborate than any BB set might be. So this stuff is making it out there.

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #640 on: July 17, 2020, 10:20:42 AM »

To be honest I'm not really a fan of releases in several different CD formats, simply because it's to confusing to decide on which one to get. lol

♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #641 on: July 17, 2020, 10:54:03 AM »

I just want the damn thing lol

Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #642 on: July 17, 2020, 12:22:56 PM »

I don't know why, but I swore Ten Years of Harmony(the song) was released on that album. Was it released on any Beach Boys related album?

You sure you’re not getting confused with ‘Endless Harmony’ from 1980 and the KTSA album?

https://youtu.be/g-ZwFUCX44I
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #643 on: July 17, 2020, 01:04:04 PM »

You sure you’re not getting confused with ‘Endless Harmony’ from 1980 and the KTSA album?

https://youtu.be/g-ZwFUCX44I
Positive. I remember seeing "Ten Years Harmony" being listed on a Beach Boys comp once, on ebay.

Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #644 on: July 17, 2020, 02:10:19 PM »

Nothing ‘Official ‘ that I can find. Only the California Music version. Someone else might know though.
thetojo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #645 on: July 17, 2020, 03:01:12 PM »

Nothing ‘Official ‘ that I can find. Only the California Music version. Someone else might know though.

I agree, nothing official until that California Music release (which was preceded by at least 2 CM boots, either or both of which might have included it).

There were some odd stray tracks on the Polyphone label boots of 1990, including some Bruce tracks, but I don't recall Ten Years Harmony being amongst them. I'd have to check. Pretty certain no official release under the Beach Boys name.
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #646 on: July 17, 2020, 07:47:17 PM »

It might be the Mandela effect, but I swear I remember reading it being part of a comp of the same name along with different mixes of some tracks, in Andrew Doe's book. Course I no longer have it so I can't double check.

Bedroom Tapes
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #647 on: July 17, 2020, 08:35:10 PM »

In this day and age, we need all the previously unreleased Beach Boys material we can get! 
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #648 on: July 17, 2020, 08:51:52 PM »

In this day and age, we need all the previously unreleased Beach Boys material we can get! 

That is the truth, my friend.

That, and some good old love and mercy.

All Summer Long
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #649 on: July 17, 2020, 08:55:09 PM »

It might be the Mandela effect, but I swear I remember reading it being part of a comp of the same name along with different mixes of some tracks, in Andrew Doe's book. Course I no longer have it so I can't double check.

I’m going to guess Mandela because both versions of this set had different mixes/versions for various songs. Could that be what you’re thinking of, Billy C?
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 ... 171 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx