gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680601 Posts in 27601 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 29, 2024, 03:31:06 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 ... 171 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Feel Flows box set  (Read 842181 times)
The Nearest Faraway Place
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #375 on: February 13, 2020, 11:48:06 AM »

So, we can assume we are not getting anything this month? Unless its just a surprise digital set. But we would have heard something from BRI if there was a physical set coming in the next couple weeks.
CenturyDeprived
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #376 on: February 13, 2020, 12:27:36 PM »

So, we can assume we are not getting anything this month? Unless its just a surprise digital set. But we would have heard something from BRI if there was a physical set coming in the next couple weeks.

I could easily imagine that the powers that be are waiting for a little time to pass for the media to have less reason to write about Mike "I use the brand name to support people who kill animals for fun" Love, because he (and tangentially, his modern day antics) are sadly tied into the release of this set, like it or not.

All the more reason to just release this set - and all others like it - quietly (like the 20/20 set). Unfortunately, anything that puts *less* of a microscope on the brand at this point in time is a good thing.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2020, 12:28:25 PM by CenturyDeprived » Logged
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #377 on: February 13, 2020, 01:15:01 PM »

I wouldn't be surprised if it gets derailed into later in the year, or even next year.

A son of anarchy surrounded by the hierarchy.
CenturyDeprived
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #378 on: February 13, 2020, 01:41:50 PM »

I wouldn't be surprised if it gets derailed into later in the year, or even next year.

If they release it in late August or September - even if it's in actuality due to these awful circumstances - the reason can still be marketed as having been timed to coincide with the 50th anniversary of Sunflower's August 31, 1970 release.
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #379 on: February 13, 2020, 02:03:55 PM »

If they release it in late August or September - even if it's in actuality due to these awful circumstances - the reason can still be marketed as having been timed to coincide with the 50th anniversary of Sunflower's August 31, 1970 release.
That would actually be a smart move. If course I would hope to have a big box set of unreleased recordings sooner rather than later, but it would be a good move to the it in with an important event, such as a 50th anniversary. Especially if they wanted to style it in a similar fashion to the Smile set.

DeanEntwistle
Smiley Smile Associate

Hey! https://soundcloud.com/deanentwistletwo

View Profile WWW
« Reply #380 on: February 13, 2020, 02:10:54 PM »

what i really want to know is if they are going to release the Fred Vail country thing (they can do a release with Omnivore records just like they did with the Murry Wilson and Snow stuff)
« Last Edit: February 14, 2020, 09:04:55 AM by DeanEntwistle » Logged
Bedroom Tapes
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #381 on: February 13, 2020, 04:56:57 PM »

I'll take whatever I can get ASAP.   Cool Guy
MyDrKnowsItKeepsMeCalm
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #382 on: February 13, 2020, 07:12:48 PM »

I could easily imagine that the powers that be are waiting for a little time to pass for the media to have less reason to write about Mike "I use the brand name to support people who kill animals for fun" Love, because he (and tangentially, his modern day antics) are sadly tied into the release of this set, like it or not.

All the more reason to just release this set - and all others like it - quietly (like the 20/20 set). Unfortunately, anything that puts *less* of a microscope on the brand at this point in time is a good thing.

This is why we can't have nice things.  Undecided

Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #383 on: February 13, 2020, 07:43:16 PM »

I thought maybe August 28, around the same time as Sunflower actually came out back in 1970. But no matter what, we have to get something this year, BRI is not gonna let those copyrights just go
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

"Barba non facit aliam historici"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #384 on: February 14, 2020, 09:02:07 AM »

If this set is delayed until later this year, it will give all of us mean fans a chance to apologize to Mike Love for bullying him... LOL

"All of us have the privilege of making music that helps and heals - to make music that makes people happier, stronger, and kinder. Don't forget: Music is God's voice." - Brian Wilson
Bicyclerider
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #385 on: February 14, 2020, 09:04:52 AM »

Didn’t someone official somewhere say this was coming in February?
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

"Barba non facit aliam historici"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #386 on: February 14, 2020, 09:07:39 AM »

Sure to sell a million units?  Grin

"All of us have the privilege of making music that helps and heals - to make music that makes people happier, stronger, and kinder. Don't forget: Music is God's voice." - Brian Wilson
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #387 on: February 14, 2020, 03:54:16 PM »

Nothing confirmed. Only that something was in the planning stages for February.

DeanEntwistle
Smiley Smile Associate

Hey! https://soundcloud.com/deanentwistletwo

View Profile WWW
« Reply #388 on: February 14, 2020, 04:20:04 PM »

Nothing confirmed. Only that something was in the planning stages for February.
yeah but it was only a rumour said by Bruce, nothing coming from Boyd or Linett sadly Sad
BeachBoysCovers
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #389 on: February 15, 2020, 08:26:53 AM »

There are the rumours that Al has been listening to some on the tour bus...

DreadfulDanG
Smiley Smile Newbie

View Profile
« Reply #390 on: February 15, 2020, 11:20:40 AM »

Here's my wishlist (or shopping list!) for this set:

What Can the Matter Be?
You Never Give Me Your Money
'Til I Die 1969 demo (or any early versions for that matter, especially if the fabled version with 'positive' lyrics exists).
I'm Going Your Way - just a nice, clean mixed and mastered version, please!
My Solution - as above
Won't You Tell Me
Telephone Backgrounds (On a Clear Day)

...and any stuff Dennis was working on during this time frame, like It's a New Day and Behold the Night. I think everything else that was slated for his solo album came right after Surf's Up sessions wrapped so probably wouldn't belong here.
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #391 on: February 15, 2020, 12:18:01 PM »

If "My Solution" were to be released, I'd prefer it to be in two versions; one with Brian's "narration" and one without. Well, having a third version with just the instrumental backing would be cool too.  Grin

Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #392 on: February 15, 2020, 12:31:52 PM »

If "My Solution" were to be released, I'd prefer it to be in two versions; one with Brian's "narration" and one without. Well, having a third version with just the instrumental backing would be cool too.  Grin

There's an instrumental track from around the "Keepin' the summer alive"-sessions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G02sDTNUUpk 

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
as1972
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #393 on: February 15, 2020, 01:26:34 PM »

Here's my wishlist (or shopping list!) for this set:

What Can the Matter Be?
You Never Give Me Your Money
'Til I Die 1969 demo (or any early versions for that matter, especially if the fabled version with 'positive' lyrics exists).
I'm Going Your Way - just a nice, clean mixed and mastered version, please!
My Solution - as above
Won't You Tell Me
Telephone Backgrounds (On a Clear Day)

...and any stuff Dennis was working on during this time frame, like It's a New Day and Behold the Night. I think everything else that was slated for his solo album came right after Surf's Up sessions wrapped so probably wouldn't belong here.

The positive lyrics Til I Die does exist. I doesn't circulate though.

Trying to figure out which of my organs I could sell for outtakes and live.
B.E.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #394 on: February 15, 2020, 01:34:47 PM »

The positive lyrics Til I Die does exist. I doesn't circulate though.

This might be #1 on my list!

Every wave is new until it breaks.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #395 on: February 15, 2020, 01:45:36 PM »

There is an interview with Brian where he says that My Solution was going to be on Love You. Does a version from 1976-1977 exist?
Or were  they just going to use the 1970 version
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #396 on: February 15, 2020, 06:48:39 PM »

I imagine it would have been the 1970 version. Considering they used "Good Time" for the album, "My Solution" would have had a similar overall sound. Kind of. lol

37!ws
Smiley Smile Associate

All baggudo at my man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #397 on: February 15, 2020, 09:11:17 PM »

I heard a version (just a backing track) of "My Solution" that was supposedly from 1980, but yeah, I'm guessing if they were going to put it on TBBLY, it'd simply be the 1970 version, to give "Good Time" some company.

Check out my podcasts: Tune X Podcast (tunex.fab4it.com) and Autobiography of a Schnook (SchnookPodcast.com); there are worse things you can do!
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #398 on: February 15, 2020, 11:50:19 PM »

I heard a version (just a backing track) of "My Solution" that was supposedly from 1980, but yeah, I'm guessing if they were going to put it on TBBLY, it'd simply be the 1970 version, to give "Good Time" some company.
Yeah. But also in the same interview he says that Hey Little Tomboy was going to be on Love You.
And the album was also called Brians In Love, and he wanted it out by late September 76. And none of those things happened.
Strangely, he talks about Tomboy as if he knows it’s a weird song, and he knows the problem with it.
But, 1976 was a different time than 2020, so...

Also, why did Brian want to keep recycling old songs around this time?
Susie Cincinnati from 15BO was recorded in 1970, released as the B side to Add Some Music, then released again as another B Side in 1974.
Back Home off 15BO was originally written in 1963.
Obviously Good Time was old.
And Adult/Child’s track list had 3 older 1970 songs for consideration, HELP Is On The Way, Games Two Can Play and I Just Got My Pay.
And for the Christmas album worked on for 77, Santa’s Got an Airplane was based off of a song from 1969-70.
So did Brian genuinely want to get these songs out there?
Was it because his voice was clearer then?
Or did he not have a lot of confidence in his 76-77 material?
c-man
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #399 on: February 16, 2020, 12:21:52 PM »

Well, remember, Brian was producing TWO new albums for the BBs at the time - one to be called simply New Album, and the other to be called Brian Loves You. The former was never released, and there was never a definite lineup, but that's supposedly where things like "Tomboy" and "Solution" would have gone. By the time Love You was released, he was on to Adult Child (which, of course, was rejected by the label).
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 ... 171 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx