gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680597 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 10:35:33 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 ... 171 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Feel Flows box set  (Read 841509 times)
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #225 on: December 26, 2019, 07:31:55 AM »

Some tracks Murry Wilson produced for an obscure vocal group nobody even remembers the names of got more promotion than new Beach Boys music. Mind boggling.

Again, I think this is a quiet copyright extension dump; stuff that *had* to be put out by end of year (and even then, only two of the three I'm guessing). The good stuff comes in X number of months in 2020.

This 3-song "EP" would be a supremely odd item to particularly promote. The Dennis songs are cool, sure. "Carnival" is more of a curiosity than a truly good song. I'm guessing if they *weren't* doing some sort of more thorough boxed set in the coming year, they would have filled this set out similar to what they've done for 1967 and 68.

I mean, I guess they could have pushed this as a teaser for a forthcoming boxed set, but perhaps they're still hashing out that boxed set.

But we can (hopefully) kind of just treat this is a pseudo-teaser for a forthcoming set.

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
Mooger Fooger
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #226 on: December 26, 2019, 07:54:34 AM »

What is the status on 1969 live recordings?
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #227 on: December 26, 2019, 08:28:17 AM »

It was mentioned last year that BRI has virtually nothing in the vaults as far as 1969 live soundboard/multitrack recordings.

There is that French show aired on French TV that is available for purchase as a video download; presumably BRI does not own that footage. Other than small bits here and there, there's nothing but a few audience recordings.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2019, 08:29:13 AM by HeyJude » Logged

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
WillJC
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #228 on: December 26, 2019, 08:39:46 AM »

« Last Edit: February 23, 2021, 08:04:55 AM by SaltyMarshmallow » Logged
Mooger Fooger
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #229 on: December 26, 2019, 09:01:33 AM »

It was mentioned last year that BRI has virtually nothing in the vaults as far as 1969 live soundboard/multitrack recordings.

There is that French show aired on French TV that is available for purchase as a video download; presumably BRI does not own that footage. Other than small bits here and there, there's nothing but a few audience recordings.

Yikes! That is incredible.
twentytwenty
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #230 on: December 26, 2019, 09:17:39 AM »

Wow this is disappointing
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #231 on: December 26, 2019, 09:28:58 AM »

People, while this is the BBs and any future plans could unravel at any time, I'd argue the nature of this "extension" drop actually lends more credence to the idea that a larger, more substantive release is coming. If this was a full disc's worth of rando '69 outtakes, I'd say that might suggest the larger set Al and Bruce have spoken about was not coming.

A quick trawl of recording dates and song lists, as was pointed out by other folks including myself in recent weeks, indicated that only two songs were recorded in 1969 and thus far not released in any form: "I'm Going Your Way" and "Carnival."

I'm not understanding the disappointment, this weird EP actually potentially portends a larger release; we obviously just have to wait longer.  
« Last Edit: December 26, 2019, 09:30:08 AM by HeyJude » Logged

PetSmile
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #232 on: December 26, 2019, 12:42:13 PM »

Guys, anyone have any idea who arranged "Carnival (Over the Waves) on this release? Was it Brian in particular or is this unknown?

"Join the young and often spring you gave" - Surf's Up (BW/VDP)
PetSmile
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #233 on: December 26, 2019, 12:44:07 PM »

... And does anyone know whereabouts I can check its credits myself too? Thanks.

"Join the young and often spring you gave" - Surf's Up (BW/VDP)
“Big Daddy”
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #234 on: December 26, 2019, 12:46:23 PM »

Here is ESQ’s reporting on the CE releases: https://esquarterly.com/2019/12/26/the-beach-boys-im-going-your-way-digital-ep/

For those who believe that Brian walks on water, I will always be the Antichrist.
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #235 on: December 26, 2019, 01:26:00 PM »

5 discs?! Holy mother of f***.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

"Barba non facit aliam historici"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #236 on: December 26, 2019, 02:35:39 PM »

What reporting? It's the same info that was posted here and elsewhere including the ep that was reported here when it dropped earlier. Unnamed sources?

"All of us have the privilege of making music that helps and heals - to make music that makes people happier, stronger, and kinder. Don't forget: Music is God's voice." - Brian Wilson
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #237 on: December 26, 2019, 02:53:29 PM »

It's interesting that on the copyright extension ep they would note that the version of I'm Going Your Way is an "alternate vocal take", when the other original version hasn't even been officially released. Why would they differentiate between the two, but only release one? That little bit of info isn't even going to resonate to anybody but the most hardcore fan base.

A son of anarchy surrounded by the hierarchy.
STE
Smiley Smile Associate

"I'm not on top like I used to be"

View Profile
« Reply #238 on: December 26, 2019, 04:14:52 PM »

At this point, which tracks recorded in 1969 have not been officially released yet?

I can think of "What Can The Matter Be ?", but is there anything else?
Could it be that, simply, there were not expiring tracks in need to be released this year?

Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #239 on: December 26, 2019, 04:41:15 PM »

I'm still  bit confused about the terminology and specifics of what falls under the category of being a candidate for copyright extension. Are actual unreleased songs themselves the most important and top priority? Do alternate takes or session excerpts of commercially released songs count for copyright extension?

Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #240 on: December 26, 2019, 05:09:08 PM »

Carnival is one of those BB's songs that only us hardcores could ever appreciate  Grin

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
DonnyL
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #241 on: December 26, 2019, 05:20:33 PM »

It's interesting that on the copyright extension ep they would note that the version of I'm Going Your Way is an "alternate vocal take", when the other original version hasn't even been officially released. Why would they differentiate between the two, but only release one? That little bit of info isn't even going to resonate to anybody but the most hardcore fan base.

This essentially confirms that the song will be included in the upcoming box set in a more complete form IMO. By releasing an alternate version, they can fulfill the copyright requirement but save the proper version for the box.

♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #242 on: December 26, 2019, 05:24:14 PM »

At this point, which tracks recorded in 1969 have not been officially released yet?

I can think of "What Can The Matter Be ?", but is there anything else?
Could it be that, simply, there were not expiring tracks in need to be released this year?

Don’t forget Fig Plucker

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #243 on: December 26, 2019, 06:43:44 PM »

Apparently on Spotify NZ

The Beach Boys 1969: I'm Going Your Way

I'm Going Your Way (Alternate Vocal Take)
Slip On Through (Early Version)
Carnival (Over the Waves) - looks like it is a 2:43 minute version

Now on Spotify US.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2019, 06:44:19 PM by Pretty Funky » Logged
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #244 on: December 26, 2019, 06:58:31 PM »

I can't find it on Spotify.

All Summer Long
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #245 on: December 26, 2019, 07:03:27 PM »

I can't find it on Spotify.

I also can’t find it.
Wata
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #246 on: December 26, 2019, 08:43:34 PM »

Try this link:

https://open.spotify.com/album/2qJkNuNWv8E2vogifmYUOc
Fall Breaks
Smiley Smile Associate

How it really got to my soul

View Profile
« Reply #247 on: December 26, 2019, 10:35:21 PM »

Thanks Wata!

"I think people should write better melodies and sing a little sweeter, and knock off that stupid rap crap, y’know? Rap is really ridiculous" -- Brian Wilson, 2010
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #248 on: December 26, 2019, 10:38:22 PM »

Thanks for posting the link!

Wrightfan
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #249 on: December 27, 2019, 05:05:07 AM »

They are also on the Beach Boys Youtube channel as well.

Can't wait to hear more. All three are in great quality and it feels like a tease we'll have to wait for the rest.
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 ... 171 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx