gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680597 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 11:11:35 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... 171 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Feel Flows box set  (Read 841527 times)
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #75 on: November 30, 2019, 08:40:44 AM »

You’re right.  My kid bought Sunshine Tomorrow with her own money right around the time they made the announcement.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
c-man
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #76 on: November 30, 2019, 09:41:49 AM »

You’re right.  My kid bought Sunshine Tomorrow with her own money right around the time they made the announcement.

Cool kid!
Lonely Summer
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: November 30, 2019, 08:31:39 PM »

Can people stop saying "Vinyls"...it's upsetting  Undecided

"Records"...that's the word you want  Grin

or if you must.."My Vinyl"
Agreed.
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

I drink expired tea. wanna sip or spit?

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: December 01, 2019, 02:39:43 AM »

Vinyls is technically accurate - add the "s" to it = vinyls. Easy. police

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Who is Lucille Ball & Vivian Vance Duet Fan Club CEO? Btw, such Club exists?

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
Wata
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: December 01, 2019, 04:21:24 AM »

I wonder if this year's copyright set covering unreleased stuff from 1969 is to be released next Friday, just like last year....

Peadar 'Big Dinner' O'Driscoll
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #80 on: December 01, 2019, 10:14:47 AM »

Vinyls is technically accurate - add the "s" to it = vinyls. Easy. police

Maybe.....if this petition worked - https://thevinylfactory.com/news/petition-the-plural-of-vinyl-to-vinyls/

rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

"My God. It's full of stars."

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: December 01, 2019, 10:51:44 AM »

This will also serve the essential purpose of annoying people who would rather ridicule a complete stranger than say something encouraging to a fellow “vinyls” collector, especially those who may be just getting started in the hobby.

Sad that happens. I'm totally cool with saying vinyl or records, but I legitimately had no idea the plural for vinyl didn't include an "s". So apologies to those in this thread whose reaction was an eye-roll for that. In the future, perhaps if you encounter this faux pas again, explain why instead of not explaining - I had no idea if you guys were being serious about the word "vinyls" or why it was even an issue.

I know i'm showing my age, but I still role my eyes at people talking about "vinyls".

As long as we're pointing out mistakes, you don't "role" eyes but rather "roll".

Anywho, glad this was pointed out to me and I won't be making the mistake again.

Bill Tobelman's SMiLE site

God must’ve smiled the day Brian Wilson was born!

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
Dove Nested Towers
Smiley Smile Associate

Goodnight, Mrs. Calabash, wherever you are!

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: December 01, 2019, 10:17:10 PM »

Mad pumped for this.

Really hope it has a clean version of I've Got A Friend amongst the live stuff.

That doesn't exist. Only the studio instrumental track.

"The police aren't there to create disorder,
they're there to preserve disorder!" -Mayor
Daly, Chicago 1968
Joel Goldenberg
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: December 02, 2019, 11:49:08 AM »

The Best Buy near me doesn't sell music, period. It's all technology stuff. I very much miss the Barnes and Noble book and CD store near me.
I miss Borders.
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #84 on: December 02, 2019, 12:25:55 PM »

Me too Sad

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
Gettin Hungry
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: December 03, 2019, 08:01:36 AM »

The Best Buy near me doesn't sell music, period. It's all technology stuff. I very much miss the Barnes and Noble book and CD store near me.
I miss Borders.

You have no idea how often my wife and I say this exact thing.

It's a lot.
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #86 on: December 03, 2019, 08:09:34 AM »

I miss Borders, and I’m sure at some point Barnes & Noble will join them in the graveyard as well (I'm down to two locations within reasonable driving distance, where it used to be like 5 or 6). But Borders had *awful* prices. Barnes & Noble is overpriced, and Borders as I recall was even worse.

Most of the stores I remember, both in my youth and even more recently, seem to be have disappeared. Tower Records, Circuit City, Toys R Us (recently re-opened a couple locations, but it’s more a PR thing than back to being a real chain), Kay Bee, Borders, Suncoast, “The Wherehouse” (probably more regional), Blockbuster Video, Hollywood Video, the list goes on and on.

And the funny thing is, the big box stores (Target, Walmart, etc.) aren’t really filling those niches. I recall a year or two ago when Toys R Us went under, all the articles said Target and Walmart would move in on that market/territory and stock more toys. Newp. They suck.

And, more unsurprisingly, stores are continuing to carry less and less music and movies. I’m guessing music will be completely gone from Target, Walmart, and Barnes & Noble (a little rack of overpriced “collectible” vinyl doesn’t count) in the next few years (I think “Best Buy” has already eliminated it). I’d expect physical video media to follow suit in the next several years, perhaps relegated to the same sort of cheapo DVD rack you see at Rite Aids and 7-11 stores.

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
ReggieDunbar
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: December 03, 2019, 08:24:43 AM »

What? I provide my kids with their basic needs. Does she have to buy her own food too?!

The pine-scented air smells so good in the snow, in our toboggan well go
screaming down the mountainside. The touch of your cheeks when theyre rosy and cold, feels so cozy to hold. Just to take you close and make you warm and...
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #88 on: December 03, 2019, 09:49:05 AM »

LOL

Nah, she used her Christmas money...was the very first CD she bought herself.

It's funny...I'm 41 and most of the music I have these days is in digital form; my 12 year old is the one who wants to collect cds and vinyls*.

* Sorry....couldn't resist

Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: December 03, 2019, 01:19:44 PM »

I miss Borders.
Actually, the place I was referring to in my post you quoted was indeed Borders. Oops.  LOL Yes, I miss it greatly...

A son of anarchy surrounded by the hierarchy.
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: December 03, 2019, 01:26:11 PM »

I miss Borders, and I’m sure at some point Barnes & Noble will join them in the graveyard as well (I'm down to two locations within reasonable driving distance, where it used to be like 5 or 6). But Borders had *awful* prices. Barnes & Noble is overpriced, and Borders as I recall was even worse.

Most of the stores I remember, both in my youth and even more recently, seem to be have disappeared. Tower Records, Circuit City, Toys R Us (recently re-opened a couple locations, but it’s more a PR thing than back to being a real chain), Kay Bee, Borders, Suncoast, “The Wherehouse” (probably more regional), Blockbuster Video, Hollywood Video, the list goes on and on.

And the funny thing is, the big box stores (Target, Walmart, etc.) aren’t really filling those niches. I recall a year or two ago when Toys R Us went under, all the articles said Target and Walmart would move in on that market/territory and stock more toys. Newp. They suck.

And, more unsurprisingly, stores are continuing to carry less and less music and movies. I’m guessing music will be completely gone from Target, Walmart, and Barnes & Noble (a little rack of overpriced “collectible” vinyl doesn’t count) in the next few years (I think “Best Buy” has already eliminated it). I’d expect physical video media to follow suit in the next several years, perhaps relegated to the same sort of cheapo DVD rack you see at Rite Aids and 7-11 stores.

Suncoast video!! Oh God, I haven't thought about that in years.

Ram4
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: December 03, 2019, 01:45:59 PM »

Sorry to keep it going off-topic but I remember all those stores you mentioned as well including Sound Warehouse (or Sound Whorehouse as my friend called it).  Bill Gates said it many years ago - that all physical media would be gone in the near future.  I'm sure he never saw the resurgence of vinyl coming, and ironically that's something I have zero interest in.  Yes, I love my album covers but that's it.  I found the prices at Borders to be reasonable.  I always shopped there over Barnes and Noble.  Of course Tower Records was my favorite.  I would regularly go to three in the Chicago area (Lincoln Park, Schaumburg and Bloomingdale for you locals).  You are correct - all physical media will be sold less and less in big box stores and sadly many big box stores and malls will be gone.  I don't really buy any physical media anymore unless it's a must-have which is rare.  I don't mind going to our local Half Price Books for books and movies or simply just going to the library.  I take out a movie or two, watch them, and I'm done.  Why would I want to own most of them?  Anyway I hope to see a physical Feel Flows box based on what we're hearing it could be.
juggler
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: December 03, 2019, 02:12:02 PM »

Tower, Musicland, Wherehouse, Record Factory, Camelot...  so many memories of those stores back in the day.
I was thrilled when Wherehouse started selling used CDs... Circa 1994-95, I remember finding an orphaned Disc 2 (with the Smile tracks) from the 1993 box set for $4.99.  Incredible deal at a time when I was broke student and the $70 box was outside my budget.
Magic Transistor Radio
Smiley Smile Associate

Bill Cooper Mystery Babylon

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: December 04, 2019, 03:42:13 AM »

I live in the big city of Dallas, Tx, so while we have lost many large stores such as Tower Records, Virgin Records, Blockbuster, etc, we still have some indie record and video stores around. Movie Trader Company and Barnes and Nobles still exist as well. I collect DVDs and Cds of only my favorite movies and albums.  Same with books. I think in my post apocalyptic mind, it will be good to have physical copies of these things. Smiley

"Over the years, I've been accused of not supporting our new music from this era (67-73) and just wanting to play our hits. That's complete b.s......I was also, as the front man, the one promoting these songs onstage and have the scars to show for it."
Mike Love autobiography (pg 242-243)
Gettin Hungry
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: December 04, 2019, 10:02:50 AM »

Yes, the prices on music and movies at Borders were high, but they had a great selection, and it always felt so welcoming there. I find Barnes & Noble to be a sterile atmosphere.

As for the Feel Flows Box Set, count me among those who would buy it on vinyl, but I agree it should be available in all media. They'll have to pry my physical media from my cold, dead hands.
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: December 04, 2019, 11:19:21 AM »

They'll have to pry my physical media from my cold, dead hands.
Amen.  Cool

Aomdiddlywalla
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: December 05, 2019, 09:58:32 AM »

Wow!

Lonely Summer
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: December 06, 2019, 08:22:52 PM »

I'm a vinyl lover, but the price of new vinyl has gotten outrageous. Not many stores have a deep selection anyway. If you're looking for new stuff in the Seattle area, Silver Platters is the only place worth visiting. But we have dozens of good stores for used records and cd's. Yes, I miss Tower, Peaches, Borders, and all the rest.
STE
Smiley Smile Associate

"I'm not on top like I used to be"

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: December 07, 2019, 09:55:44 AM »

Is today the day?

Awesoman
Smiley Smile Associate

Disagreements? Work 'em out.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #99 on: December 07, 2019, 10:04:09 AM »

Is today the day?