gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680601 Posts in 27601 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 29, 2024, 03:59:23 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Attention Former Yahoo SMiLE Group Members: Yahoo is wiping all group archives  (Read 1023 times)
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

"Barba non facit aliam historici"

View Profile WWW
« on: October 16, 2019, 09:09:38 AM »

I didn't know how or where to put this or if it's even worth it, but I just got a message saying Yahoo is stopping all of their "Group" members from adding content as of October 21, and as of December 14th they are wiping clean and deleting all "Group" archives, including messages, files, photos, etc.

I mention this because there was one very special and unique group centered around Smile and which was an offshoot of the Shoppe...and in those old archives and discussions are some very, very informative posts and conversations from a time before Smile truly became officially released and heard. And there are some conversations with certain people who are sadly no longer with us, along with a lot of just plain fun stuff from what seems like a century ago considering what has come out.

So I just wanted to let people know, those who were at that time invited members to this group (and others), that all of those archives will be wiped clean after December 14th, and if there is anything in those archives short of copying however many messages there are, to log in and copy what you want before they're lost for good.

I know Yahoo Groups is now an antiquated thing, but at one time it was an awesome place to chat and learn apart from message boards, and this one "Smile" group in particular meant a lot to me and was a great place to hang with some really cool people.

If I could shout out to everyone who made it great, I would, but instead I'll just thank everyone who was a member and hope that any interesting messages and discussions are saved by those who wish to keep them archived.

For those who weren't around or involved with Smile prior to 2005, it was loads of fun to talk, bullshit, and speculate on what pieces were available as well as go crazy when a new piece appeared. For all those who kept the flame lit, thank you.

Maybe this will reach some of the former members of the Cabin if they want to grab any content before it's erased.

"All of us have the privilege of making music that helps and heals - to make music that makes people happier, stronger, and kinder. Don't forget: Music is God's voice." - Brian Wilson
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2019, 09:37:55 AM »

It's the end of an era

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx