gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680601 Posts in 27601 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 29, 2024, 07:49:14 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2 Hours with Mike Love  (Read 7233 times)
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

"Barba non facit aliam historici"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: October 29, 2019, 05:45:36 AM »

I know who he is but was typing on a phone. I don’t believe grillo entered the picture till 1967.

That's incorrect.  Multiple sources indicate that Grillo was their accountant in early 1966, when he was still at Julius Lefkowitz and Company.
See for yourself... Nick Grillo's name is on this BB/Capitol contract dated March 1, 1966:
https://lelands.com/bids/1966-beach-boys-signed-capitol-records-contract

Yes - I wish I could remember where else I had seen similar information, but Nick Grillo was involved with the band prior to when many would think he got involved. It was Grillo the accountant, when David Anderle was getting Brother organized, who was a key figure if not the key figure in finding the proof needed to show Capitol was withholding money from the band from that initial "breakage" scam that helped Brother get started. And after Anderle left, it was Grillo who took over running Brother and managing the band, especially their finances.

A good guy who got f**ked out of his job, as many around this band experienced.

"All of us have the privilege of making music that helps and heals - to make music that makes people happier, stronger, and kinder. Don't forget: Music is God's voice." - Brian Wilson
hideyotsuburaya
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 29, 2019, 07:14:09 AM »

wasn't it VanDyke Parks who once said he'd observed Nick Grillo to be the hardest working guy in a thankless job he'd ever seen then?  It's a shame things had to come to a head with Mike Love denying Nick repayment of an informal loan (as I have read it), but all things considered that may've been inevitable
« Last Edit: November 06, 2019, 09:05:13 AM by hideyotsuburaya » Logged
gfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx