gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680713 Posts in 27613 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 16, 2024, 07:42:15 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: H&V fade and Sunshine part 2 ('barnshine')  (Read 1335 times)
mike moseley
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: October 14, 2019, 09:56:57 AM »

First came YAMS pt 2.  This starts off as a jig and during the session morphs into the familiar 'barnshine' we know from the Cantina H&V tag.

Then a few months later there's a session for that H&V tag with Carl singing the 'doo-bee-doos' and thats a third different section and not whats on the Cantina mix.

So firstly - I wondered if the YAMS session could be for two DIFFERENT sections i.e. the jig then barnshine.  They are so radically different.

Presumably when they tried the session with Carl they morphed into the regular barnshine..?  I.e. they tried something with Carl and then junked it..?
Bicyclerider
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2019, 05:01:45 PM »

I think Brian was just experimenting with tempos and with the plucked strings during the "My Only Sunshine" part 2 session, until he found what he wanted.  It was meant to be Part 2 of YAMS, and then after rejecting Barnyard as the fade for Heroes, he appropriated it for Heroes (cantina) and wiped the MOS related vocals.  THEN he decided to redo Heroes from the ground up rerecording the verse instrumental and rerecording the YAMS Part 2 with Carl singing live.  He was losing the thread at this point, which is probably why he put Heroes aside for Vegetables for a while.
mike moseley
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2019, 08:25:19 AM »

I agree - except the Heroes bit is so completely different and it was after YAMS - he was doing a new piece.  He obv ended up using YAMS but the heroes fade piece is unique.

All 3 sections are quite distinctly different and I think they could be sequenced to make  a great 'pastoral' end to the tune.
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx