gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680598 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 05:02:46 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Brian Wilson 2020 Live Thread  (Read 55579 times)
UEF
Smiley Smile Associate

Sheriff John-ston

View Profile
« Reply #200 on: April 30, 2020, 03:54:55 AM »

BRIAN WILSON: GOOD VIBRATIONS – GREATEST HITS LIVE UK & EUROPE TOUR
WITH AL JARDINE & BLONDIE CHAPLIN

Brian Wilson will return to the UK and Europe with Al Jardine & Blondie Chaplin in 2021. Brian will deliver his greatest hits and fan favorites from his career with The Beach Boys and as a solo artist.

2021 TICKETS NOW ON SALE!
JUN 8 TUE
Philharmonie am Gasteig
München, Germany
TICKETS  RSVP
JUN 10 THU
Admiralspalast
Berlin, Germany
TICKETS  RSVP
JUN 11 FRI
EmslandArena
Lingen, Germany
TICKETS  RSVP
JUN 16 WED
Openluchttheater Rivierenhof
Antwerpen, Belgium
TICKETS  RSVP
JUN 20 SUN
Bournemouth Pavilion Theatre
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
TICKETS  RSVP
JUN 22 TUE
Blackpool Opera House
Blackpool, United Kingdom
TICKETS  RSVP
JUN 24 THU
SEC Armadillo
Glasgow, United Kingdom
TICKETS  RSVP
JUN 26 SAT
Sage Gateshead
Gateshead, United Kingdom
TICKETS  RSVP
JUN 28 MON
Royal Liverpool Philharmonic
Liverpool, United Kingdom
TICKETS  RSVP
JUN 29 TUE
Bridewater Hall
Manchester, United Kingdom
TICKETS  RSVP
JUL 1 THU
Symphony Hall
Birmingham, United Kingdom
TICKETS  RSVP
JUL 2 FRI
The Royal Concert Hall
Nottingham, United Kingdom
TICKETS  RSVP
JUL 4 SUN
Royal Albert Hall
London, United Kingdom
TICKETS  RSVP
JUL 5 MON
Brighton Dome
Brighton, United Kingdom
TICKETS  RSVP
JUL 6 TUE
Cambridge Corn Exchange
Cambridge, United Kingdom
TICKETS  RSVP
JUL 8 THU
Leeds Town Hall
Leeds, United Kingdom
TICKETS  RSVP
JUL 9 FRI
Motorpoint Arena Cardiff
Cardiff, United Kingdom
TICKETS  RSVP
UEF
Smiley Smile Associate

Sheriff John-ston

View Profile
« Reply #201 on: April 30, 2020, 03:57:35 AM »

Just checked my Albert Hall London tickets... they've automatically rolled over to 2021.

And the very American, 4th of July Smiley
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #202 on: April 30, 2020, 08:06:13 AM »

Well that restricts the 20-30 gig ‘reunion’ Al mentioned.
UEF
Smiley Smile Associate

Sheriff John-ston

View Profile
« Reply #203 on: April 30, 2020, 10:12:34 AM »

Nothing to stop them doing it in 2022 though; 10 years after the last
RubberSoul13
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #204 on: April 30, 2020, 08:02:18 PM »

Wow. Surprised they're already calling this in April, and rescheduling an entire year off...

Anyway, how does approx. a dozen dates in early summer prohibit a reunion of 20-30 in late summer stateside, or some other time of the year? Although, it is hard to imagine it not happening in the summer...
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #205 on: April 30, 2020, 11:06:17 PM »

I never said prohibit. I said restrict. Just looking through those dates (17)  especially the last 2 weeks, and it looks brutal for any artist pushing 80. Brian it is more dangerous still. The original tour page also list a couple of Japan shows which haven’t been completed. I guess a reunion would need a break first followed by a few weeks rehearsal then what, 2-3 months to complete?

Would a reunion include shows in the UK so soon after a solo tour? We shall see I guess.
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #206 on: April 30, 2020, 11:53:00 PM »

True. And I think if it happens then it should be a farewell to touring for all of them.

I really want a new Brian album more than anything

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
UEF
Smiley Smile Associate

Sheriff John-ston

View Profile
« Reply #207 on: May 01, 2020, 04:33:34 AM »

Would a reunion include shows in the UK so soon after a solo tour? We shall see I guess.

I know it's not quite the same thing, but the London BB and BW dates were about 2 weeks apart this year
Emdeeh
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #208 on: May 14, 2020, 01:50:49 PM »

Looks like Brian has the rest of the year free. The Laid Back Festival shows in August have been cancelled.

https://www.laidbackfestival.com/
Lonely Summer
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #209 on: May 15, 2020, 05:57:24 PM »

And again in 2032.
UEF
Smiley Smile Associate

Sheriff John-ston

View Profile
« Reply #210 on: January 21, 2021, 06:16:07 AM »

The Glastonbury Festival (1 week before Albert Hall, London) has been cancelled due to Coronavirus - for the 2nd year running.

While the two events are logistically different it does speak to a continuing unease in the industry about event safety.
UEF
Smiley Smile Associate

Sheriff John-ston

View Profile
« Reply #211 on: February 22, 2021, 10:47:26 AM »

The Prime Minister has now set out the roadmap for the UK coming out of lockdown

No earlier than 17 May:

Performances and large events can resume, with some limits. For indoor events they can be at half capacity or 1,000 people, and outdoors they can be at half capacity or 4,000 people - whichever is lower. For large venues (at least 40,000 capacity) up to 10,000 will be allowed to attend

Larger events no earlier than 21 June

Therefore, currently, it looks like the Beach Boys show will be postponed and the Brian Wilson show might just happen.
UEF
Smiley Smile Associate

Sheriff John-ston

View Profile
« Reply #212 on: May 04, 2021, 08:04:04 AM »

Email from Ticketmaster....

Brian Wilson - Good Vibrations the Greatest Hits Tour - Royal Albert Hall
Hi there,

This event has been rescheduled...

The event organisers have been in touch and have asked us to pass on the following information for the show originally due to take place on 4 July 2021:

"Dear Customer,

Due to the ongoing restrictions in place surrounding the playing of indoor concerts across the UK & Europe the decision has been taken to postpone our Brian Wilson ‘Good Vibrations Greatest Hits Tour’.

The show in London has been rescheduled to Friday 24 June 2022.

All  tickets will remain valid, the seat number chosen will remain the same and your ticket will be automatically swapped over to the new date.

We thank you for your ongoing understanding and cooperation.

Love and Mercy,

Brian"

What if I've not received my tickets?

Don't worry, tickets for many future events haven't been sent or aren't available for you to access yet. You'll receive your tickets through the delivery method you chose closer to the new event date.

If you sold your tickets on our Ticket Exchange and haven’t received payment, you will now be paid 10-12 working days after the new date.

If you have any questions for us, there's lots of information in our FAQs.

We're sorry for any disappointment caused.

Best Wishes,
Ticketmaster Customer Service
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

"Barba non facit aliam historici"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #213 on: May 04, 2021, 08:31:44 AM »

For the past year I've been saying as a musician and as a fan of music in general, how can a touring operation sustain its budget by playing half-capacity shows? The expenses of travel and logistics outweigh the returns from playing to half capacity crowds. You can't sustain a touring budget when you're booked to play a 4,000-seater and can only play to 1,000 seats unless you drastically raise the ticket prices to cover the loss.

I don't know how this is going to work out across the live entertainment industry until or unless they chuck out all the restrictions.

"All of us have the privilege of making music that helps and heals - to make music that makes people happier, stronger, and kinder. Don't forget: Music is God's voice." - Brian Wilson
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #214 on: May 04, 2021, 11:20:23 AM »

For the past year I've been saying as a musician and as a fan of music in general, how can a touring operation sustain its budget by playing half-capacity shows? The expenses of travel and logistics outweigh the returns from playing to half capacity crowds. You can't sustain a touring budget when you're booked to play a 4,000-seater and can only play to 1,000 seats unless you drastically raise the ticket prices to cover the loss.

I don't know how this is going to work out across the live entertainment industry until or unless they chuck out all the restrictions.

For better or worse (I'd of course argue worse *right now*), restrictions are dropping pretty quickly. I can envision the 2022 touring season being mostly restriction free, certainly in terms of capacity restrictions.

It certainly will be interesting to see how sort of mid-level touring operations (meaning they don't play stadiums, but they're not playing clubs either) will handle both continued restrictions, and also make up the lost profits over the next few years. Raise ticket prices? Some artists won't be able to. Reduce the size of the band? I guess a large band like Brian's could entertain that to some degree.

It's interesting to see that Mike is continuing to tour right now with a larger band. Does he really need a 9-piece band with three guitarists in addition to a bassist? I'm surprised he hasn't at least moved Eichenburger back to bass to whittle the band down to 8, if not getting rid of the sax guy too.

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
Emdeeh
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #215 on: May 04, 2021, 12:10:42 PM »

Brian's UK/European tour has been moved to 2022:
https://www.brianwilson.com/tour

June 4, 2022 -- Da Groningen, Netherlands -- De Oosterpoort
June 5 -- Lingen, Germany -- Emsland Arena
June 7 -- Amsterdam, Netherlands -- Koninklijk Theater Carré
June 8 -- Antwerpen, Belgium -- Openluchttheater Rivierenhof
June 11 -- Berlin, Germany -- Tempodrom
June 21 -- Bradford, England, UK -- St. George's Hall
June 23 -- Brighton, England, UK -- Brighton Dome
June 24 -- London, England, UK -- Royal Albert Hall
June 25 -- Cambridge, England, UK -- Cambridge Corn Exchange
June 27 -- Glasgow, Scotland, UK -- SEC Armadillo
June 30 -- Nottingham, England, UK -- Royal Concert Hall
July 1 -- Birmingham, England, UK -- Symphony Hall
July 3 -- Manchester, England, UK -- Bridgewater Hall
July 4 -- Liverpool, England, UK -- Royal Liverpool Philharmonic
July 6 -- Cardiff, Wales, UK -- Motorpoint Arena Cardiff
July 7 -- Bournemouth, England, UK -- Bournemouth Pavilion Theatre
July 8 -- Gateshead, England, UK -- Sage Gateshead
RubberSoul13
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #216 on: May 04, 2021, 07:44:46 PM »

To anyone still thinking ahead to any sort of 60th Anniversary tour, between both touring bands' schedules, March- July 2022 are already booked up. I think it's safe to say that anything pertaining to a 60th ann. reunion will most likely just be a one-off affair.
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #217 on: May 04, 2021, 08:31:39 PM »

I sure as heck won’t be working that kind of schedule in or around my 80th. Life’s too short. Good luck to him though if he’s up to it.
juggler
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #218 on: May 04, 2021, 09:27:14 PM »

I sure as heck won’t be working that kind of schedule in or around my 80th. Life’s too short. Good luck to him though if he’s up to it.

I was just thinking the same.  God bless Brian, but, seriously.... that's a helluva touring schedule for an 80-year-old.   Is this just a matter of a promoter not wanting to issue refunds so what-the-heck-just-kick-the-can-down-the-road-and-who-knows-we-might-get-lucky-in-a-year-and-this-will-actually-happen ?
UEF
Smiley Smile Associate

Sheriff John-ston

View Profile
« Reply #219 on: May 05, 2021, 08:44:27 AM »

Does Brian ever do 4 days in a row? Might make Glastonbury 2022 possible.

Unfortunately, I'll be at Glastonbury 2022, so won't be able to see him in the Albert Hall now.
Lonely Summer
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #220 on: May 05, 2021, 11:55:45 PM »

This thing of continually pushing shows forward a year is going to backfire at some point. I don't know why they don't just cancel all scheduled shows, and take another look at the situation in another year?
I never did take the 60th anniversary talk too seriously. Maybe they'll all sit together in a room one last time, and talk over old times. Even Mike has got to slow down sometime in the next 5 years. My father died earlier this year - he was 87. No way would he have been up for the kind of schedule Mike keeps up - even 10 years ago.
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #221 on: May 06, 2021, 08:51:47 AM »

There are some logistical and financial benefits to rescheduling shows rather than canceling and attempting to start from scratch selling again.

I don't think anybody is in a position to prognosticate that much, but I don't think it's crazy to imagine that in *another year* from now, over two years since the shutdown started, many if not most venues/regions will have little or no restrictions on shows. Obviously, a million crazy things could happen, but I think in another year some shows seem feasible.

The dicier scenario is trying to do shows this year, or this summer. Mike clearly will continue to book any shows that he can.

As for a 60th anniversary situation, I don't see it as particularly plausible that we'd see something like 2012, for a bunch of logistical and political reasons.

That being said, even with a one-off show or short-term reunion where they do an album or some sort of project, and/or then do one gig or just a few gigs, they would still need to block some time out to rehearse and/or work on the project, and also in order to not have non-reunion shows butted right up against reunion shows. But a lot of that would depend on the shape the project takes. If they don't do a big public show, but instead, say, record an album and then do a show on a big soundstage with no audience or an invited audience, they could probably cram that in between continued individual/solo touring.

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
UEF
Smiley Smile Associate

Sheriff John-ston

View Profile
« Reply #222 on: May 06, 2021, 01:19:33 PM »

The weird thing is that BW's UK shows after 21st June would all be allowed to run
Emdeeh
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #223 on: May 21, 2021, 10:22:30 AM »

A new 2021 date just announced for Brian:
Aug. 31 -- San Diego, CA -- Rady Shell at Jacobs Park

Source: The San Diego Union Tribune
https://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/entertainment/music/story/2021-05-21/brian-wilson-gladys-knight-jason-mraz-head-san-diego-symphonys-rady-shell-at-jacobs-park-debut-lineup
« Last Edit: May 21, 2021, 10:27:12 AM by Emdeeh » Logged
MyDrKnowsItKeepsMeCalm
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #224 on: June 07, 2021, 04:51:52 PM »

From Facebook:

Just Announced! Brian to perform at the Long Beach Terrace Theatre in Long Beach CA, August 29, 2021.
Presale goes live this Wednesday June 9 at 10:00AM PT at https://www.ticketmaster.com/event/0B005AC49B121A33
The password is: SURFSUP!

gfx
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx