gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680597 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 11:25:49 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Any photos of So Tough full lineup? Carl, Al,Brian,Dennis, Ricky,Blondie, Mike?  (Read 5217 times)
monkeytree5
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: October 03, 2019, 08:48:55 PM »

Are there any photos in existence of Carl, Al, Brian, Dennis, Ricky, Blondie, and Mike? 
Other than the faked one in the gatefold of the LP?

I know Bruce was in the mix for a very brief overlap ... but that would be asking too much.
Jim V.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2019, 03:26:44 PM »

I figure since no one has responded, that I'll be the one to do so...

As far as we know, there is no photo of Brian, Mike, Al, Carl, Dennis, Blondie and Ricky all together. And definitely not one of all seven of them plus Bruce. The latest first photo we have of the full band in Bruce's first tenure I guess would be this...

Obviously, as one can tell, this is where you get the photo of Brian that was pasted onto the photo of the rest of the guys for the back cover of Carl and the Passions.

Apparently this photo of the "classic five" was also taken the day of that last photo with Bruce...

Now there is indeed a photo of Carl, Dennis, Mike, Al, Bruce, Blondie and Ricky somewhere. All of them on a long sofa or something. It's in one of the books I have somewhere on The Beach Boys, but I haven't any idea which one it'd be in.

Hope this all helps!
Jim V.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2019, 03:27:24 PM »

Don't remember double posting, but I musta. Sorry!
« Last Edit: November 02, 2019, 10:36:57 PM by Jim V. » Logged
c-man
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2019, 07:28:44 AM »

<< Now there is indeed a photo of Carl, Dennis, Mike, Al, Bruce, Blondie and Ricky somewhere. All of them on a long sofa or something. It's in one of the books I have somewhere on The Beach Boys, but I haven't any idea which one it'd be in. >>

It's in the David Leaf book.
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2019, 08:06:23 AM »

<< Now there is indeed a photo of Carl, Dennis, Mike, Al, Bruce, Blondie and Ricky somewhere. All of them on a long sofa or something. It's in one of the books I have somewhere on The Beach Boys, but I haven't any idea which one it'd be in. >>

I guess from this occasion?

There's also this one, but without Blondie:

I know a live shot of all the Boys - without Brian - was posted on the BBBritain board but I can't find it online.

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
Ian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2019, 08:34:16 AM »

The last black and white photo is from the 1970 tour when Blondie and Ricky were still in the flame-and Bruce has a moustache
c-man
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2019, 07:13:57 AM »

The last black and white photo is from the 1970 tour when Blondie and Ricky were still in the flame-and Bruce has a moustache

Yeah, the picture in the Leaf book is from early '72. Also, there are black & white shots from Gran Gala Du Disque in early '72, with Bruce, Blondie, and Ricky, plus Billy.
Sound of Free
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2019, 07:28:57 PM »

Al looks like he might not have been keeping it clean here.  Grin
monkeytree5
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2019, 01:49:37 AM »

I guess from this occasion?

I know a live shot of all the Boys - without Brian - was posted on the BBBritain board but I can't find it online.

That's awesome! Thanks for responding to the thread everyone.  I've never seen lots of these and the one with Bruce is a hoot!
c-man
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2019, 07:19:37 AM »

There are also a few photos of the full early '72 lineup (minus Brian, of course) onstage at Carnegie Hall in March of that year...I've seen them in the pages of ESQ, and I believe here, as well.
slothrop
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2019, 11:22:50 AM »

Exactly what I was thinking. Brian actually looks more sober, despite the beer can in hand.
Joel Goldenberg
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2019, 10:12:35 AM »

Exactly what I was thinking. Brian actually looks more sober, despite the beer can in hand.
To me, Brian just looks worn out from everything he had been through. Perhaps the saddest picture I've seen of him.
Joel Goldenberg
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2019, 10:14:05 AM »

Poor Al looks like an anarchist on the gatefold of So Tough.
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2019, 10:26:17 AM »

Have always thought Al wasn’t as ‘clean’ during that period as he has been the bulk of his career? Has he ever spoken about the topic?
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx