gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680751 Posts in 27615 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 19, 2024, 10:41:03 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Identically titled songs you figured would be covers  (Read 2182 times)
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

I drink expired tea. wanna sip or spit?

View Profile
« on: September 16, 2019, 08:49:30 AM »

Recently, seen in youtube results song that, when clicking it, played different song. I figured it's Rosie/ Originals - instead, it's Bay City Rollers singing the *other* "Angel Baby": https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=c4xQ_Au-3co

What made I think it's cover? Due to fact that this band sang many 60s songs, including DWB & BMB. Figured it's the next in line.

Curious to read people's similar puzzlings. At least, mere list will do.

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Who is Lucille Ball & Vivian Vance Duet Fan Club CEO? Btw, such Club exists?

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
JK
Smiley Smile Associate

Maybe I put too much faith in atmosphere

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2019, 01:21:47 PM »

Oooff! I had one of those recently but I can't remember what it was--I wish I'd written it down. Smokin

Maybe it'll come to me, in which case I'll post it.  Another cool and creative topic there, RR. Wink

"Ik bun moar een eenvoudige boerenlul en doar schoam ik mien niet veur" (Normaal, 1978)
You're Grass and I'm a Power Mower: A Beach Boys Orchestration Web Series
the Carbon Freeze | Eclectic Essays & Art
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2019, 08:26:20 PM »

"Reba" by Flanneling Trishas  "Reba" by Braidy Luncheons

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
JK
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2019, 02:42:23 AM »

"Reba" by Flanneling Trishas  "Reba" by Braidy Luncheons

I think I heard the Flanneling Trishas song blasting out of a seedy bar while I was in St. Petersburg. I could be wrong.

"Ik bun moar een eenvoudige boerenlul en doar schoam ik mien niet veur" (Normaal, 1978)
JK
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2019, 06:19:49 AM »

On a more serious note, I see Gary Numan is named in Kingsley Abbott's book Pet Sounds: The Greatest Album of the Twentieth Century (on p. 158) as one of the many artists to have covered "God Only Knows".

False. I hadn't heard his track at the time so I feel this example fits the topic of this thread. The penultimate track on Gary's 1985 album The Fury, his "GOK" is a completely different song, one he wrote himself. (As far as I know, the only song written and first recorded by others that Numan ever performed was "On Broadway".)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MitpT5HONrE

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Fury_(album)

RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2019, 09:51:36 PM »

Townes Van Zandt "At My Window". Amusingly, Zandt doesn't sing BBs here (despite it being suitable to him choice) but, good song >> https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=hf_JgXX7oTQ

gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx