gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680753 Posts in 27615 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 20, 2024, 04:43:21 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Seeking Information on a Very Odd BB Bootleg  (Read 3359 times)
as1972
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: September 02, 2019, 09:49:15 AM »

Someone on the Beach Boys Discord recently stumbled across a very strange bootleg/album titled "Do It Again!", attributed to Mike Love, Bruce Johnston, and Adrian Baker. A tracklisting is attatched.

Even odder are the two tracks labelled "Intro" and "Outtro" (yes, that is how outro is spelled). I say they are two tracks... They seem to be almost exactly the same. It seems to be "almost" several known tracks, but as one user pointed out "every time i think its something i recognize it changes"

Here's a link to both tracks
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL9IR4Vcyz0j11C75RPzrzMuqRniSqlRZY

Any information on what this is would be greatly appreciated!

Trying to figure out which of my organs I could sell for outtakes and live.
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2019, 06:36:10 AM »

Can't say exactly what each track is for sure without hearing, but it appears to be a Mike-centric compilation of unreleased Beach Boys tracks and some ostensibly Mike "solo" tracks, some (but not all) of which involve Adrian Baker.

"At the Hop" is a  BB '85 outtake. "Running Bear" is a 15 Big Ones-era outtake. "Michael Row the Boat Ashore" is a 1977 era BB outake. "Hungry Heart" is a solo Mike track from, I believe, the late 90s, from a Springsteen tribute album. I honestly can't remember if Baker is involved in that one. "Sealed with a Kiss" is most likely the Bruce track from the '83 "Rock and Roll City" Radio Shack album.

I'm guessing most of the rest of the tracks are taken from mostly Baker-involved Mike projects such as the Union 76 gas station album from 1998 and/or its predecessors ("A Baker's Dozen", "Catch a Wave", etc.) recorded with Adrian Baker.

A lot of Mike-Adrian Baker stuff seems to float out there in the ether often unattributed. Mike did a bunch of weird, kitschy stuff in the 80s in particular that is hard to nail down. Those Hyatt Regency jingles. The "Be True to Your Bud" single. Beyond the seemingly full banded and titled Adrian Baker-helmed albums/compilations, there are other Baker-related tracks that just kind of float out there. I think there are even some Baker BB-themed tracks that don't have any actual BB involvement (and I'm talking after the era when Baker first started playing with the BBs; I know pre-Beach Boys he did that BB medley, etc.).

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
Alex
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2021, 04:55:52 AM »

Can't say exactly what each track is for sure without hearing, but it appears to be a Mike-centric compilation of unreleased Beach Boys tracks and some ostensibly Mike "solo" tracks, some (but not all) of which involve Adrian Baker.

"At the Hop" is a  BB '85 outtake. "Running Bear" is a 15 Big Ones-era outtake. "Michael Row the Boat Ashore" is a 1977 era BB outake. "Hungry Heart" is a solo Mike track from, I believe, the late 90s, from a Springsteen tribute album. I honestly can't remember if Baker is involved in that one. "Sealed with a Kiss" is most likely the Bruce track from the '83 "Rock and Roll City" Radio Shack album.

I'm guessing most of the rest of the tracks are taken from mostly Baker-involved Mike projects such as the Union 76 gas station album from 1998 and/or its predecessors ("A Baker's Dozen", "Catch a Wave", etc.) recorded with Adrian Baker.

A lot of Mike-Adrian Baker stuff seems to float out there in the ether often unattributed. Mike did a bunch of weird, kitschy stuff in the 80s in particular that is hard to nail down. Those Hyatt Regency jingles. The "Be True to Your Bud" single. Beyond the seemingly full banded and titled Adrian Baker-helmed albums/compilations, there are other Baker-related tracks that just kind of float out there. I think there are even some Baker BB-themed tracks that don't have any actual BB involvement (and I'm talking after the era when Baker first started playing with the BBs; I know pre-Beach Boys he did that BB medley, etc.).

Baker and Love even had a song on the Karate Kid soundtrack.

"I thought Brian was a perfect gentleman, apart from buttering his head and trying to put it between two slices of bread"  -Tom Petty, after eating with Brian.

https://givemesomeboots1.blogspot.com/
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx