gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680598 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 07:17:07 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: All The Love In Paris (Music Video)  (Read 6241 times)
rickymyfataar
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: August 21, 2019, 10:10:33 PM »

Thoughts on this? I actually like the Parisian style editing. Also this is definitely one of the better songs from UTL. Anyone have more info on this track?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jnuBJefQv3E
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2019, 03:29:28 AM »

Thoughts on this? I actually like the Parisian style editing. Also this is definitely one of the better songs from UTL. Anyone have more info on this track?

This and "Ram Raj" are the best non Beach Boys songs he's ever done. That's not to put down any of his other efforts though.

A son of anarchy surrounded by the hierarchy.
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2019, 05:56:42 PM »

I'd add Girl From Imapanema to that list too.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

"Barba non facit aliam historici"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2019, 06:13:45 PM »

I'd add Girl From Imapanema to that list too.

Ipanema is probably the best vocal I've heard from Mike in decades, I really dig that one.

"All of us have the privilege of making music that helps and heals - to make music that makes people happier, stronger, and kinder. Don't forget: Music is God's voice." - Brian Wilson
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2019, 06:17:25 PM »

Not that it matters, but just out of curiosity,  are you friends with Noven Jaisi?

If so, there were some lingering questions asked in the other thread where you posted his montage video that some of us are curious about. The date he posted of 2014 regarding his first Mike video and his contacts within Mike's management team, why he never did a Brian or Al or any BB related video except those for Mike, etc.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2019, 06:19:26 PM by guitarfool2002 » Logged

"All of us have the privilege of making music that helps and heals - to make music that makes people happier, stronger, and kinder. Don't forget: Music is God's voice." - Brian Wilson
rickymyfataar
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2019, 07:50:32 PM »

No I'm not but he is active on Instagram, Let me try and ask him.
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2019, 03:39:08 PM »

Any updates? Just curious.  As we were saying in the other thread, the original reactions back in 2015 seemed stronger than usual to people asking what was going on with that trailer, and Noven's recent posts opened up the timeline issues yet again.

It's also pretty conspicuous how his videos of the BB's focused solely on Mike, just wondering why the lack of anything related to the others.

Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2019, 03:54:26 PM »

He's obviously Mike's guy for doing promotional videos. There's no big conspiracy here.

A son of anarchy surrounded by the hierarchy.
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2019, 03:56:59 PM »

He's obviously Mike's guy for doing promotional videos. There's no big conspiracy here.

That's not the issue Jay, read the other thread to see what it is before using the same phrase that was used back in October 2015 when Jaisi first appeared.

The LEGENDARY OSD
Smiley Smile Associate

luHv Estrangement Syndrome. It's a great thing!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2019, 07:03:21 PM »

Mike Love is all about Mike Love. Any "tributes" to any other member of the original BBs is all about Mike Love. The ego that Mike Love possesses is all about Mike Love. Do not be taken in by Mike Love. His sole purpose in life at this stage is all about Mike Love and that he is The Beach Boys and that when people hear and think about The Beach Boys, it will be him they think about most. He cannot accept just being a singer in the band, he wants the complete focus to be on him and him alone. What he totally fails to realize is that will never happen in his lifetime or beyond.  LOL LOL LOL

myKe luHv, the most hated, embarrassing clown the world of music has ever witnessed.
Lonely Summer
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2019, 12:40:38 AM »

Well, I thought it was nice last night when Mike remembered Carl and Dennis, and George Harrison. And at the end of Rock & Roll Music, there was a photo of Chuck Berry, 1928-2017. The way people talk around here, it's like Mike would want people to think he wrote Rock & Roll Music.
If I ever had a chance to interview Mike, that's what I'd start with - the influences. So many of the interviewers just want to cover the same old ground - Manson, drugs, Brian's mental health problems, Dennis' early death, etc. I'd enjoy hearing him talk about Chuck Berry, the Everly Brothers, the RnB stuff that influenced him as a singer.
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

"My God. It's full of stars."

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2019, 03:28:17 AM »

So many of the interviewers just want to cover the same old ground - Manson, drugs, Brian's mental health problems, Dennis' early death, etc. I'd enjoy hearing him talk about Chuck Berry, the Everly Brothers, the RnB stuff that influenced him as a singer.

Meh, even when he isn't asked about drugs or the Wilson's, he's definitely had a tendency to bring up the subject even when it has no relation to the question. Ask him about the Everly Brothers and you'd probably get:

Bill Tobelman's SMiLE site

God must’ve smiled the day Brian Wilson was born!

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
rickymyfataar
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2019, 08:43:50 PM »

Any updates? Just curious.  As we were saying in the other thread, the original reactions back in 2015 seemed stronger than usual to people asking what was going on with that trailer, and Noven's recent posts opened up the timeline issues yet again.

It's also pretty conspicuous how his videos of the BB's focused solely on Mike, just wondering why the lack of anything related to the others.

Jaisi has not responded to any of my messages. But going by his instagram page he got in touch with Mike in 2014.
Cabinessenceking
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2019, 03:12:45 AM »

Kind of a worn American trope to label Paris as the city of love. Here in Europe it's just a nice capital city. Nothing especially magical about it, nor is it associated with love either.
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

I drink expired tea. wanna sip or spit?

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 05, 2019, 04:21:24 AM »

Kind of a worn American trope to label Paris as the city of love. Here in Europe it's just a nice capital city. Nothing especially magical about it, nor is it associated with love either.
Indeed. City like many.

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Who is Lucille Ball & Vivian Vance Duet Fan Club CEO? Btw, such Club exists?

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: September 05, 2019, 09:09:48 AM »

Any updates? Just curious.  As we were saying in the other thread, the original reactions back in 2015 seemed stronger than usual to people asking what was going on with that trailer, and Noven's recent posts opened up the timeline issues yet again.

Jaisi has not responded to any of my messages. But going by his instagram page he got in touch with Mike in 2014.

Well thank you for trying! That's the impression I got reading Jaisi's own Instagram, since he specifically said 2014 as the date...and named Mike's former agent/manager as his mentor...yet when "Still Tourin" first showed up on YouTube in Fall 2015, people asking about it were called conspiracy theorists, in some cases mocked outright, and some who supposedly "knew" what was going on tried to report something other than what the timeline and other info offered by Noven himself would suggest was the case.

I'm just trying to make sense of it for the record and out of curiosity, and I also didn't like and still don't like people trying to lecture and dictate information to fans that may not be true, not to mention the mocking and name-calling.

So there's that. Maybe it will be clarified some day why if Noven *was* in fact involved or in contact with Mike and or his manager/agent and management in general prior to the Still Tourin video hitting the 'net we were given information suggesting no one knew who Noven was when the video hit YouTube.

This is also referencing it from another thread:

Judging by his website and Instagram, Noven and Mike are somewhat close.

Looking at Jaisi's Instagram, he implies that he was working with Mike's management since 2014...yet this quote from Andrew G Doe:

Mike's management say the video is nothing to do with them. Seems to be a fan creation, although they admit it's very well done.

claims that in October 2015 Mike's management knew nothing about Jaisi's video. Given the track record, I'm very inclined to believe Jaisi's account of things, so it's curious to me why management would deny the video had anything to do with them in October 2015 when it appears they did know of Jaisi and made things happen as far back as 2014. Also funny to remember the circus that followed with Andrew Doe claiming "schadenfreude" regarding posters asking some fairly straightforward questions about the odd circumstances around the video. Heck, Iian Lee even joined in to push back against people asking questions.

Anyways, this post has nothing to do with Jaisi, I'm really glad he is doing what he loves and he seems to have a lot of talent and drive...I really am looking forward to seeing where he takes all this. It's just interesting to see how people on this forum who are pretty close with Mike treated posters on this site because said posters merely asked some simple questions regarding the creation of the 'Still Tourin' video. In hindsight, it's beyond ironic the word schadenfreude was even brought up.

And this is a link to the original thread that started October 29, 2015 when Noven's video first appeared, all 7 (ugly) pages of it...

http://smileysmile.net/board/index.php/topic,22972.0.html

Just trying to figure it out, out of curiosity.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2019, 09:11:10 AM by guitarfool2002 » Logged

gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx