gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680601 Posts in 27601 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 29, 2024, 02:47:49 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Lindsay Buckingham got SMILE tapes and disassembled Pet Sounds for TUSK  (Read 3296 times)
astroray
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: October 16, 2019, 01:58:49 PM »

https://www.theringer.com/music/2019/10/14/20913040/tusk-fleetwood-mac-40th-anniversary-stevie-nicks-mick-fleetwood-lindsey-buckingham?fbclid=IwAR1x1uChE2-gG1ovQkmhEF6whB2PUOUi-5UOl0m45Ll6yuT8JWzPJPBTrqI

Cook pork throughly
SMiLE-addict
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2019, 03:54:56 PM »

Somebody aught to compile a list of albums that were influenced by Pet Sounds. If they already haven't, that is.
Aum Bop Diddit
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2019, 09:03:30 PM »

Tusk is a great one.  The Smile moment for me are the "Oooh wash's" in "Walk a Thin Line."

Hey!  Those are *MY* wind chimes!
c-man
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2019, 08:24:18 AM »

Nice summation! Love Tusk!
SMiLE-addict
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2019, 06:44:33 PM »

Tusk is a great one.  The Smile moment for me are the "Oooh wash's" in "Walk a Thin Line."
That song sounds more like it would be from 20/20, Sunflower, Surf's Up or Holland.
Beckgtr09
Smiley Smile Associate

I've been in this town so long......

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2019, 08:32:33 AM »

I've always been a big fan of " TUSK ", it has so many different levels to it that make it an amazing album to me. I've also been a big fan of Lindsey's work outside of the band. His one solo release " Out Of The Cradle " is a hidden masterpiece of sound and creativity.

c-man
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2019, 09:33:19 AM »

I've always been a big fan of " TUSK ", it has so many different levels to it that make it an amazing album to me. I've also been a big fan of Lindsey's work outside of the band. His one solo release " Out Of The Cradle " is a hidden masterpiece of sound and creativity.

By "one solo release", I assume you mean that one in particular? Because it's hardly his only solo release...his first two ("Law And Order" and "Go Insane"), in particular, should be of interest to any Beach Boys fan, but there have been plenty more since then.
Aum Bop Diddit
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2019, 07:16:01 PM »

That song sounds more like it would be from 20/20, Sunflower, Surf's Up or Holland.

3 of those 4 contain Smile tracks!  The "ooh wahs" just remind me a bit of the chants in "Do You Like Worms" a bit.  No biggie.

Hey!  Those are *MY* wind chimes!
Beckgtr09
Smiley Smile Associate

I've been in this town so long......

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2019, 05:36:38 PM »

By "one solo release", I assume you mean that one in particular? Because it's hardly his only solo release...his first two ("Law And Order" and "Go Insane"), in particular, should be of interest to any Beach Boys fan, but there have been plenty more since then.

Why yes that is what I meant, sorry my confusion.

Magic Transistor Radio
Smiley Smile Associate

Bill Cooper Mystery Babylon

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2019, 08:17:56 AM »

What's up with that? What's up with that?....
We outta time! Sorry Lindsay!

"Over the years, I've been accused of not supporting our new music from this era (67-73) and just wanting to play our hits. That's complete b.s......I was also, as the front man, the one promoting these songs onstage and have the scars to show for it."
Mike Love autobiography (pg 242-243)
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx