gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680601 Posts in 27601 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 29, 2024, 07:51:12 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Three new albums in as many years - more reissues to follow?  (Read 12636 times)
Lonely Summer
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 14, 2019, 10:36:05 PM »

Mike Love. Three new albums in as many years. Mike is 78 now. Time is running out, and it seems as if he wants to get these last statements out before he retires. I bought "Unleash the Love" and I liked it. Won't be playing disc two much, but I am glad to know it's there. And the Christmas album - Mike knows how to do Christmas. The latest, "12 Sides of Summer", I might sit that one out. Read nothing but bad reviews of it. Could it be worse than even "Summer in Paradise"?

Which leads us to the next question, if Mike can get these new albums out, do you think there's an outside chance we might get reissues of the older solo stuff? "Looking Back With Love", "Mike Love Not War", and the Celebration stuff?

Face it man, SIP is the Mike Love solo standard. 12 Sides of Summer is the most hollow of them all and they're all pathetically in the same vein. Why would anyone think that something good could be crafted by someone as untalented as he is??? The only thing that gleams positive is that yes, time for him is running out and hopefully this last batch of slop will be his last, but if he somehow insists on being ignored, there could be more and more which will only go to cement the fact that he cannot write a song worthy of release or pique the interest of anyone with earshot of any taste whatsoever. The sad fact is that he'll go to his grave thinking he's absolutely more talented than his famous cousin and that he is The Beach Boys.

What an horrible comment once more!  So much hate... horrible! Isn't  there a moderator here? 
Idisgusting...

Yes, by all means, he should be banned just for having an OPINION alone!! And if that OPINION is contrary to ours, then it is just PURE HATE!!!  Wink
Right, because it is so wrong to spread hatred towards any one person, unless that person happens to be Mike Love. Mike Love is Hitler, Manson, and Trump all rolled into one!  Evil
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: August 15, 2019, 07:25:33 AM »

Right, because it is so wrong to spread hatred towards any one person, unless that person happens to be Mike Love. Mike Love is Hitler, Manson, and Trump all rolled into one!  Evil

No of course not, but it's not without worth to note that Mike has been a vocal, gleeful Trump supporter. Also, Mike absolutely used Charles Manson stories to help sell his book a few years ago, with seemingly nearly if not every single print/radio/TV interview promoting his book focusing a great deal on Mike retelling "crazy!!!" Manson stories. If he was so disgusted and impacted by it, you'd think he wouldn't want to relive it over and over and over.

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
Lonely Summer
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 15, 2019, 03:39:41 PM »

No of course not, but it's not without worth to note that Mike has been a vocal, gleeful Trump supporter. Also, Mike absolutely used Charles Manson stories to help sell his book a few years ago, with seemingly nearly if not every single print/radio/TV interview promoting his book focusing a great deal on Mike retelling "crazy!!!" Manson stories. If he was so disgusted and impacted by it, you'd think he wouldn't want to relive it over and over and over.
Mark Lindsay is doing the same thing now, in conjunction with Tarantino's movie. Maybe he figures it gives him a bit of hip credibility to be linked with Manson.
The only thing I have to say about Manson is i'm glad the mofo is dead!
mustomax
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 16, 2019, 08:49:56 AM »

Mike Love. Three new albums in as many years. Mike is 78 now. Time is running out, and it seems as if he wants to get these last statements out before he retires. I bought "Unleash the Love" and I liked it. Won't be playing disc two much, but I am glad to know it's there. And the Christmas album - Mike knows how to do Christmas. The latest, "12 Sides of Summer", I might sit that one out. Read nothing but bad reviews of it. Could it be worse than even "Summer in Paradise"?

Which leads us to the next question, if Mike can get these new albums out, do you think there's an outside chance we might get reissues of the older solo stuff? "Looking Back With Love", "Mike Love Not War", and the Celebration stuff?

Face it man, SIP is the Mike Love solo standard. 12 Sides of Summer is the most hollow of them all and they're all pathetically in the same vein. Why would anyone think that something good could be crafted by someone as untalented as he is??? The only thing that gleams positive is that yes, time for him is running out and hopefully this last batch of slop will be his last, but if he somehow insists on being ignored, there could be more and more which will only go to cement the fact that he cannot write a song worthy of release or pique the interest of anyone with earshot of any taste whatsoever. The sad fact is that he'll go to his grave thinking he's absolutely more talented than his famous cousin and that he is The Beach Boys.

What an horrible comment once more!  So much hate... horrible! Isn't  there a moderator here? 
Idisgusting...

Yes, by all means, he should be banned just for having an OPINION alone!! And if that OPINION is contrary to ours, then it is just PURE HATE!!!  Wink

Omparing Mike  Love ti Hitler... The only nazis here are the haters of Mike. So much hate seems to be a pathology.
It seems some fans think they are superior if they hate Mike... poor guys... and  they say Mike Love is a bad guy. Please... read what you write. I don't think Mike have ever been as horrible as you are.
The LEGENDARY OSD
Smiley Smile Associate

luHv Estrangement Syndrome. It's a great thing!

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 16, 2019, 10:05:00 AM »

What an horrible comment once more!  So much hate... horrible! Isn't  there a moderator here?  
Idisgusting...

Yes, by all means, he should be banned just for having an OPINION alone!! And if that OPINION is contrary to ours, then it is just PURE HATE!!!  Wink
Right, because it is so wrong to spread hatred towards any one person, unless that person happens to be Mike Love. Mike Love is Hitler, Manson, and Trump all rolled into one!  Evil

Omparing Mike  Love ti Hitler... The only nazis here are the haters of Mike. So much hate seems to be a pathology.
It seems some fans think they are superior if they hate Mike... poor guys... and  they say Mike Love is a bad guy. Please... read what you write. I don't think Mike have ever been as horrible as you are.

OK!! As a poster and member of this board, I've now been labeled not only horrible, but a Nazi. Hmmm, I didn't call YOU any derogatory names did I? Isn't attacking another poster somewhat of a rule breaker? "Read what you write", Musto.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2019, 10:07:09 AM by The LEGENDARY OSD » Logged

myKe luHv, the most hated, embarrassing clown the world of music has ever witnessed.
mustomax
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: August 16, 2019, 10:45:05 AM »

YOU compared Mike to Hitler first. Do you think he deserve that? Read what you write before posting.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2019, 10:55:08 AM by mustomax » Logged
The LEGENDARY OSD
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 16, 2019, 11:07:25 AM »

YOU compared Mike to Hitler first. Do you think he deserve that? Read what you write before posting.

Help me out here, Musto, as to where on this thread I called Mike Hitler. And remember, he is not a post or member of this board (that we know of). And furthermore, Mike Love doesn't need you to defend him. I only post my opinion of him and if you don't like that, well, that's fine but don't attack members because they don't happen to like Mike Love. It's none of your business. If you attacked someone you didn't like, then that's your business and I could care less.

myKe luHv, the most hated, embarrassing clown the world of music has ever witnessed.
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 16, 2019, 11:19:38 AM »

There is an "opinion", and there is pure ugly hatred. Wishing and hoping for the death of someone is disgusting and offensive, and doesn't belong on this board.

A son of anarchy surrounded by the hierarchy.
The LEGENDARY OSD
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 16, 2019, 11:25:34 AM »

There is an "opinion", and there is pure ugly hatred. Wishing and hoping for the death of someone is disgusting and offensive, and doesn't belong on this board.

I'll ask the same question of you, Jay. Where did I post that I was "hoping" for anyone's death?? The OP is the one who posted "time is running out for him". As for the deathbed comment, we're all going to face that someday but I did not wish that nor state that I wished him dead.

Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 16, 2019, 11:41:20 AM »

I'll ask the same question of you, Jay. Where did I post that I was "hoping" for anyone's death?? The OP is the one who posted "time is running out for him". As for the deathbed comment, we're all going to face that someday but I did not wish that nor state that I wished him dead.
"The only thing that gleams positive is that yes, time for him is running out... ".

The LEGENDARY OSD
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 16, 2019, 01:27:14 PM »

"The only thing that gleams positive is that yes, time for him is running out... ".

Wrong again, Jay. Read the whole sentence Jay. You took it out of context, Jay.  Roll Eyes

Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 16, 2019, 02:27:23 PM »

You did not call Mike a Nazi though, I'll give you that.  Roll Eyes

Lonely Summer
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 16, 2019, 10:26:08 PM »

I'll admit, I used to join in on the Mike bashing; I used to blame him for a lot of what went wrong with the Beach Boys. I guess I've mellowed with age; it's silly to build up rage against a guy that's been a part of so much great music. He may shoot off his mouth a bit too often, and I don't consider him to be on the same level as an artist as Brian, Carl, or Dennis.. or maybe even Al. But that's not a diss. I'm glad he is making new music for the fans, I thought Unleash the Love was a very good album. Glad he is still out there playing the great BB catalog of hits.

I don't get angry thinking about Mike; i do get angry thinking about his friend Trump and what he and his party are doing to this country. But that's a topic for the sandbox.
Cabinessenceking
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 17, 2019, 07:04:03 AM »

What we are naziing here, is that we must treat all comments as the individual opinions which we are all entitled to  Grin
« Last Edit: August 17, 2019, 04:39:37 PM by Cabinessenceking » Logged
GoogaMooga
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 17, 2019, 07:02:06 PM »

I think I may have been misunderstood, so here is what I wrote:

Mike is 78 now. Time is running out, and it seems as if he wants to get these last statements out before he retires.

Note I wrote "retires". I meant time is running out for Mike Love as an active recording and performing singer. I don't see how that can be construed as Mike being at death's door. He's a healthy man, he's put out a few solo CDs which I will get, look at my avatar, I like Mike.

Love Thang
Smiley Smile Associate

Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeen

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 24, 2019, 09:40:04 PM »

Help me out here, Musto, as to where on this thread I called Mike Hitler. And remember, he is not a post or member of this board (that we know of). And furthermore, Mike Love doesn't need you to defend him. I only post my opinion of him and if you don't like that, well, that's fine but don't attack members because they don't happen to like Mike Love. It's none of your business. If you attacked someone you didn't like, then that's your business and I could care less.

As a fellow Lovester hater I have to say I look forward to your comments. They describe the subject with 100% accuracy and are hilarious to boot.
The LEGENDARY OSD
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 25, 2019, 11:09:35 AM »

As a fellow Lovester hater I have to say I look forward to your comments. They describe the subject with 100% accuracy and are hilarious to boot.

Pirate High Five Rock! Love Happy Dance Bow Kiss w00t! w00t! Thumbs Up Hello Thanks, Love Thang!!! Your comments rock, too!

gfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx