gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680597 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 03:47:36 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Jeff Foskett  (Read 18524 times)
Tony S
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 21, 2019, 01:41:39 PM »

Just read this on Facebook to. Very sad news I had not heard this before though obviously I think we all suspected something was wrong. Jeff had a great voice I have all of his solo C d's and their wonderful. Very sad news
Matt H
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 21, 2019, 01:46:26 PM »

OMG, I totally missed the article about Briella. So sad. Sad

(BTW, this must be at least Jeff's third marriage. I remember reading an article where he explained his original 1990 departure from the Beach Boys and how it saved his marriage. Well...I met Jeff's wife Diana in 2003 shortly after they got married, but the article EmdeeH linked says his wife's name is Allison...)

I believe that EmdeeH said that the Briella article is a different Jeff Foskett.
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: November 21, 2019, 03:00:18 PM »

I’m very sorry to hear of this. Hoping for a full recovery

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
CenturyDeprived
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 21, 2019, 03:58:41 PM »

Sending very best wishes to Jeff.
lastofmykind
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 21, 2019, 05:01:53 PM »

For those that wanted to know what happened to JF y'all found out today.  Jeff is a good man, sad to see him have to go through what he has went though.  Glad that he got to tell people the way he wanted to tell them with out the word ever slipping out.  Good vibes, thoughts and prays for Mr. Foskett.
Custom Machine
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: November 21, 2019, 05:53:44 PM »

I’ll never forget Jeff’s kindness in arranging for my three granddaughters to go up on stage during Barbara Ann last year. He’s been a key player in the world of the Beach Boys and Brian Wilson for close to four decades now and during that time has easily been my favorite of the BW/BBs falsetto singers.

Jeffery, best wishes for good health and thank you for your superb vocal contributions to my all-time favorite music.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2019, 11:12:56 PM by Custom Machine » Logged
Emdeeh
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 22, 2019, 08:56:54 AM »

Speechless, and praying for our Jeff.

------

I believe that EmdeeH said that the Briella article is a different Jeff Foskett.

Yes, that article was about a different guy with the same name.
Awesoman
Smiley Smile Associate

Disagreements? Work 'em out.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: November 22, 2019, 09:02:49 AM »

First and foremost it was surprising to hear how serious Jeff's health issues were and I wish him well and hope he is able to recover. 

I just looked at the track listing for Voices and noticed he inexplicably included his a capella recording of "Laughter In The Rain".  It appears to be the same exact version he put out years ago.  I'm wondering why this was repackaged? 

And if you don't know where you're going
Any road will take you there
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

"My God. It's full of stars."

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 23, 2019, 11:14:58 AM »

Very sad news.

I just listened to Voices. I am absolutely digging this album. Chalk it up to ignorance on my part, but I didn't really realize Jeff's vocal range - I always just knew him as the falsetto guy...but he's got such a great range especially on those lower notes. His range all over 'Warmth of the Sun' is incredible. In the past I've been critical of how his falsetto was mixed onto Brian's albums (they always stuck his falsetto right on top of the mix instead of mixing it in and blending it, to my ears anyways). But I don't really get that feeling on this album. I just hear a lot of amazing harmonies that are really well mixed together.

True Love Ways, Everything That Touches You, Warmth of the Sun, I Shall Be Released, Heartbeat, Adios are amazing standouts (the rest of the tracks are great too, though).

I would imagine he added 'Laughter In The Rain' just because it fits so well with the rest of the material here, and if it is his last album I don't blame him for trying to package such a great a cappella track with the rest of these songs.

Sending prayers and good vibes your way Jeff. What a fantastic album.

Bill Tobelman's SMiLE site

God must’ve smiled the day Brian Wilson was born!

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

"Barba non facit aliam historici"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: November 23, 2019, 11:34:57 AM »

Definitely, sending thoughts, prayers, best wishes and good vibes Jeff's way. Best hopes for a speedy recovery!

"All of us have the privilege of making music that helps and heals - to make music that makes people happier, stronger, and kinder. Don't forget: Music is God's voice." - Brian Wilson
Robbie Mac
Smiley Smile Associate

Carl Wilson is not amused.

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 23, 2019, 10:58:14 PM »

My love and best wishes for a really talented musician and one of the good guys in the BB orbit.

His cover of Jimmy Webb’s “Adios” is heartbreakingly beautiful.

The world could come together as one
If everybody under the sun
Adds some 🎼 to your day
GoodVibrations33
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 17, 2020, 09:05:11 PM »

Jeff Foskett promoting Billy Hinsche’s weekly online show.

Say a prayer for Jeff... https://www.instagram.com/p/CBibQMEjWse/?igshid=15mmb1vpk65dy
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 18, 2020, 01:43:45 PM »

Very sad to hear his voice failing. Best wishes for hopefully a recovery.
Debbie KL
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 18, 2020, 03:36:40 PM »

Very sad to hear his voice failing. Best wishes for hopefully a recovery.

I remember Eva and David Leaf getting scarves for him to wrap around his neck in cold weather to protect his spectacular voice around the "Pet Sounds" and "Smile" London concerts. We've been so lucky to hear him sing. I hope he knows how much joy he has given us.  I did have the funny moment when I was raving about his talent in the lobby of the Marriott County Hall, London, with my friends looking at me strangely. I said, "He's right behind me, I'm guessing?" He was. I guess that wasn't so bad.
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: June 18, 2020, 05:18:50 PM »

Praying for him

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
Tony S
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 19, 2020, 03:37:03 AM »

I have all of Jet's solo CDs and they are all wonderful. His voice was golden. Such a shame to see this happen.
Lonely Summer
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 19, 2020, 01:08:55 PM »

Unlike many BB's fans, i never had a problem with Jeff's voice, so it is extremely sad that this has happened to him. On top of having a beautiful voice, he also seems to be one of the best people in the whole BB's universe.
Tony S
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 20, 2020, 04:58:35 AM »

If you can get a copy of some of Jeffs CDs you'll see that he did much more than just falsetto which is what many of the fans have a problem with. Me I don't. And his non falsetto voice on his solo CDs is absolutely fantastic. As well as his falsetto voice in my honest opinion
Lonely Summer
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 20, 2020, 02:17:18 PM »

If you can get a copy of some of Jeffs CDs you'll see that he did much more than just falsetto which is what many of the fans have a problem with. Me I don't. And his non falsetto voice on his solo CDs is absolutely fantastic. As well as his falsetto voice in my honest opinion
I've got a Rick Nelson tribute CD that has Jeff doing "Young Emotions"; he's got a beautiful lower register.
Tony S
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 21, 2020, 07:01:09 AM »

He does a great job with that one, go to You Tube and search out Cool and Gone, great CD.....It's My Fault is a great opener.
jmc
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: July 27, 2020, 09:07:39 PM »

I was just watching the movie The Sandlot 2 with my son. A song came on in the middle of the movie that had a very distinctive voice. Such a beautiful sound and skill. Many commentors think its the Beach Boys - a compliment to Jeff's talent.

Hoping the best for you Jeff and thank you for all you music!

https://youtu.be/YG41bxIvIEM

Song was written by Jerry Burnham.
The 4th Wilson Bro.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 30, 2020, 03:01:40 PM »

I'll never forget the first time I heard Jeff and Carl share the lead vocals on "Don't Worry, Baby" (1987 Beach Boys concert in Belgium). Perfection. I've been a fan of Jeff Foskett ever since.
gfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx